Categorized | Appearances, USA

Charice Performed in Carson, California 05/26/2012

Charice Performed in Carson, California 05/26/2012

Charice is back in California as one of the guest performers for ABS CBN’s “Para sa Inyo Kapamilya” at Home Depot Center. Fresh from the Philippines for the taping of X Factor straight to Carson where she sang “Before It Explodes”, Adele’s “Someone Like You”, “Saving All My Love For You” a duet with Cheesa and lastly her own song “Louder”.

Before It Explodes

Someone Like You

Louder

Videos Courtesy of Sideburnersol

Charice is scheduled to fly back to the Philippines again soon for more X Factor tapings.

285 Responses to “Charice Performed in Carson, California 05/26/2012”

1. feelingsuper says:

@Ro Gum
    After you are done with grammar and pronunciation come the idioms or figures of speech. This is where Filipinos don’t understand American English. Americans can not speak without figures of speech. You “made my day” does not mean you completed 24 hours. It means you did something pleasing to me. You can not “second guess” on her actions means you can not predict what she does. “Go easy” on her means don’t demand, make it rough or hard for her. Oftentimes Filipinos say “she knows how to carry her dress” (marunong magdala ng damit); this can not be understood by Americans. Americans would say instead, she “looks sharp”. You’d need on the job training for idioms. Call time.

2. nadine says:
    Thank goodness Charice, you are one tough cookie, not pressured at all to always be visible and produce hit songs. I admire you for that. Don’t let any hater ruin you. We’ll always be here for you, the real chasters no matter what

• feelingsuper says:
      When the opportunity knocked, Charice was prepared and ready. Many people had the same chance but were not ready. When she had her chance she gave all she had that the audience had no choice but succumb to her power. She has a perfect sense of timing and can deliver the “knock out punch”. She is brave and courageous yet humble by nature. These days she is in “screen saver” mode after a hectic infinity tour of Asia. She will make her move at the right time. We can learn lessons on life from her. Some people are like chess kibitzers (miron) who think they know the best moves better than the players. The worst part is they tell the players what they want.

3. JUDith says:

Charice, Jessica Sanchez or Thia Megia: Who’s Best To Portray Kim In ‘Miss Saigon’ Movie? (Poll) http://ph.news.search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A2KJ3CcJWvNPsVMAjyi4Rwx./SIG=13528ocis/EXP=1341377161/**http%

• feelingsuper says:
      I’d choose Charice because she looks vietnamese, an authentic miss saigon (now ho chi minh).

4. lee says:
    :( ? Give the rights song for her and make proud being international. . Im happy the way she sang when firstime i saw her video with some popular artist. Pls need to do something really hard work and more attention to her People can’t wait. .

5. jomari says:
    Hi ate Cha, heard you’re back in LA, that only goes to show that you still have a career in the US, looking forward to the album and the movie, labyo

6. feelingsuper says:
    ABS-CBNNews barely covers x-factor but they keep a perpetually long playing publicity on Anabelle and Ara. Useless cable.

7. makacharice says:
    just uploaded extended version PARACHUTE link

8. abeng1127 says:
    charice is BIG STAR … which part of charice do you hate… haters ..

9. chasterdork says:

• LOUDER:)) says:
      @chasterdork, happy now?, lol. Charicemania is moving…you’re just being impatient. LOL, hope you’ll like the trailers of HERE COMES THE BOOM MOVIE :)) I’m definitely gonna watch this movie..just because of Charice!

10. Ro Gum says:
    Since no one has posted yet an article about the X-Factor Philippines show and Charice’s appearance in Deal or No Deal, I will make my comments here. One word, WOW.
    Pilita Corales and Charice represents the upper range and lower range in age respectively. Both of them are very talented and between them is the timelessness of the dream and reality of true musical ability. The two guys; I have never really listened to them before. But, I am sure they are both very qualified also. Charice gave the show vibrancy, youth, life, emotion, and the unexpected which is a plus. I wonder how Britney Spears and Demi Lovato are doing in X-Factor USA. I watched the videos posted by IstaylPinoy in Youtube and I am quite dependent on other people’s posting in Youtube to follow Charice. I just don’t get why some people are very impatient and have the “sky is falling” attitude about Charice’s career in the USA while she is working in the Philippines. I feel what she is doing right now is very relevant to her success and career internationally because guess what, the Philippines will become a very large part of the international scene. I think more and more young people are beginning to speak very good English because of more modern communication technology. Also, Youtube is now a valuable resource because there are so many helpful learning videos that other people have posted.

• tnt says:

• Don says:
      Very right, Charice will be back in US to promote Here comes the boom and infinity album

• RodBelt says:
      @Ro Gum: I really appreciate your support of Charice and being one of her ardent defenders. However, I am quite slighted by your statement that “the Philippines will become a very large part…..”. A little information for you: Because the Philippines was a US territory from 1900 until the US “granted her independece on July 4, 1946 the medium of instruction in the schools as far as I can remember in my youth of early 50′s were in English in the grammar school. The fact is, many Filipinos speaks good English, albeit with the Filipino accent and may not be grammatically perfect (just like many, many native born Americans). In spite of these shortcomings the Philippines is the best English speaking country in Asia, At present, many non-English speaking Asians come to the Philippines to study the language. And this may surprise you: the Philippines has been named No. 1 in business English all over the world and US did not even made it in top 10. I wish I could find the article and post the link here for your information. Just a little food for your thoughts. PEACE.

• Ro Gum says:

I forgot to add, as Charice said “I don’t care”.

• feelingsuper says:

You should say, “many Filipinos speak good English…” not “many Filipinos SPEAKS good…” Subject should agree with the predicate.

• khatman says:
      @Ro Gum I posted a link to the Deal No Deal show on June 23.

• khatman says:
      I just viewed the trailer for “Here Comes The Boom”, thanks to someone on Twitter.

Charice appears @ 0.3, 1:21, 1:29, 1:39, 1:50, 1:53

11. Ro Gum says:
    David Foster, Paul Anka, Gordon Lightfoot, Neil Young, Bryan Adams, Celine Dion, Shania Twain, Sarah McLachlan, Avril Lavigne, Nelly Furtado, Michael Buble, Justin Beiber, Carly Rae Jepsen, Elise Estrada; what does these people have in common? They are all from Canada, a country of 30 something million people,and are part of the USA Music Industry in one way or another; USA of 300 something million people. Charice Pempengco and Arnel Pineda, from the Philippines, a country of 90 something million people. Well, Elise Estrada was originally from the Philippines but moved to Canada when she was four. What am trying to say, well Charice with her former mentor David Foster have already reminded and shown people in the USA that the Philippines do Got Talent. Arnel became the lead singer of the band Journey that is still around and relevant. One of the barrier that musician/singers from the Philippines must surmount is the English Language barrier. Although, the Philippines had switch over from Spanish to English as soon as the American came in the early 1900′s, speaking the English language still remains a challenge for a lot of people. I am not talking about knowing English as a language. But, speaking English like a North American, ie. how to pronounce English words properly. I have been searching Youtube for help and discovered RachelsEnglish and JenniferESL channels that helped me tremendously in this endeavour; that is to understand why a lot of Filipinos sound like Filipinos when they speak English. Another thing that I learned is the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) from watching JenniferESL channel (Jennifer by the way is half Filipino). Also, when I want to know how to pronounce a word, I go to dictionary.reference.com or dictionary.cambridge.org. Both these dictionaries show how words are pronounced in IPA symbology and you can click on the speaker icon to hear it. Why am I so concerned? I believe that to make it into the USA music and entertainment scenes, one must learn how to pronounce and sing words the American English way. For example, how do you say the word “world”? It does not have the “o” sound at all; ie. you do not round your lips.

• khatman says:
      Before I discovered Charice I was listening to Lin Yu Chun, the chubby young man from Taiwan, who was making a name for himself by singing Celine’s “My Heart Will Go On” and Whitney’s “I Will Alway Love You”. However the one fault I could find was his pronunciation of “this’ as “dis” as in “But above all this” in “I Will Always Love You”. When Charice sang that same song she got the pronunciation of “this” correctly.

• feelingsuper says:

Charice spoke good English when she first arrived in the U.S. (see her interview at the LAX), too good for even college graduates in the Philippines. Her only mistake was “this song really fit me”. She once got the mannerism of “you know… you know..” but she has improved a lot on this and she can also speak fast with almost American accent. DF took care of that problem that is why he kept saying that Charice could not speak a word of English because her accent was Filipino which is hard for Americans to understand. Now that she speaks English like Americans, Filipinos call her mayabang pa-islang-islang. Take note that when she speaks Tagalog she does not do it with American twang but with natural Filipino accent.

12. dinbieber says:
    Snyder, why can’t you be happy with Charice, why be so negative, your enviousness and hatred is consuming you. No matter what you say, it’s not gonna change the fact that Charice is richer and more popular than you

13. TryHerBest says:
    This site is for Charice fans. Do not come here and never return to sell your poor opinions. Make a site where you can voice your views.

14. khatman says:
    Maybe it is coincidence but does Justin Bieber follow Charice fashionwise? For instance when Charice appeared on Glee wearing those geeky glasses. Soon after Justin was wearing a similar pair of geeky glasses. A few months ago Charice shows up in Manila with a tatoo on her left forearm. Recently Bieber shows up on David Letterman sporting a tatoo on his left forearm and mentions having a second tatoo. Dave Letterman gives Bieber a hard time telling him that he hopes this tatoo craze doesn’t end up looking like the Sistine Chapel. Bieber responds with “Don’t worry. It won’t look like the 16th chapel. With an answer like that what do you expect from a guy with an 8th grade education?

15. Ro Gum says:
    When Charice sings a song, then it is an altogether different dimension, realm, experience, universe, altitude, atmosphere/stratosphere, etc; I don’t know. Listen to her a lot and you will know what I mean.
    I love Charice, and a lot of people do too. I am her devoted Knight. I will sing songs for her even though I am not a singer from today’s perspective. I will write songs for her. This is what moves me. And this is why I write longish blogish comment in this forum or website. Thank you for all Chasters and readers who frequent this site. Visit my channel in Youtube but I wont say what it is because I am ninja.