Categorized | Announcements, News, USA

Charice Performs at Perez Hilton’s Birthday Party & Charity Event

Charice Performs at Perez Hilton’s Birthday Party & Charity Event

As posted on Perez Hilton’s site on March 20th, Charice will be one of the guest performers at his “Mad Hatter Tea Party”! It’s his 34th birthday bash plus a charity event.

perez 181x300 Charice Performs at Perez Hiltons Birthday Party & Charity Event

Source Link: P-Bday, We Will Always Love Her

Charice Interview- Talks New Album, Glee, New Movie with Kevin James, and Whitney Houston!

Video Courtesy of ClevverNews

Video Courtesy of PerezHilton

Chasters are still waiting impatiently for the actual video performances from this event. We’re crossing our fingers and never lose hope!

Posted by Schoen, Charicemania.com

134 Responses to “Charice Performs at Perez Hilton’s Birthday Party & Charity Event”

1. CHAccount says:
    To Chasters all over the World, cheers to you all. May GOD Bless Us All esp. Charice.

2. Lolo JP says:
    @hyperbola

Your comment is a balm to those loathsome mavericks, unschooled in humility, who leave profane comments worthy of censure to debase Charice.
    I wish that everyone would be mindful to take personal responsibility when taking to task their freedom of expression.
    I respect all those who want to help… but most of all, your confident knowledge.
    Love you, Charice!

Lolo JP
    04/012012

3. crystal says:
    opppss forget to say i’m so so proud of you my dear charice and to all chasters that includes me yey!

4. crystal says:
    yes! yes! yes!!i told you guys she made it many times b4 and she can do it again.soooo happy for our princess.a big congrats to charice and to all chasters whose effort and overwhelming support to our princess incredibly amazing GODBLESS CHARICE AND CHASTERS ALL OVER THE WORLD!

5. Cha, I’m on the verge of tears. I’m so proud of you and proud of Chasters too. We did it!!! Congratulations Cha, I love you so, so much

6. lbato_conp says:
    Its official Charice won KCA Favourite Asian Act!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Charrific says:
      OMG!!!!! She did it. We did it. I feel like a winner too. Chasters congrats!!!

• lemorky says:
      Tnx for posting the link! I’ve seen halfway thru the show and I missed the announcement! Did u know if she did attend? Must be nice, the First Lady presented an award to Taylor Swift!

7. CHAccount says:
    Ibato, the link was posted last February. We really don’t know yet who the winner is.

I voted and voted and voted everyday non-stop. Let’s keep our fingers crossed.

8. lbato_conp says:
    Charice won the Nickelodeon’s Kid’s Choice Awards 2012 Favorite Asian Act.

• lbato_conp says:
      Sorry, I was so excited but after reading carefully I realized the that the article stated only sure win.

• lbato_conp says:
        The winner for Nickelodeon’s Kid’s Choice Awards 2012 Favorite Asian Act will be announced tomorrow 02 April 2012.

I’m crossing my fingers for Charice.

• Charrific says:
      Thanks for the news. I often wonder. I voted many, many times. I am so happy for the great result. Thanks for sharing!!!

9. hyperbola says:
    I have attended quite a few seminars on language acquisition facilitated by respected language experts from reputable academic institutions here in the US. They are unanimous in saying that language acquisition follows a natural process (i.e. beginner, intermediate, proficient, advanced). That is, a person does not gain a complete command of a foreign language overnight. Of course, one’s language background is an important determinant. We pick up “social language” faster than we acquire “academic language”. Social language, although frequently used, is just the tip of the iceberg. Academic language makes up the bigger bulk of one person’s language arsenal.

Charice is 19 years old (relatively young). She is a non-native English speaker, an English-as-a-second-language (ESL) learner for whom English is not the dominant language spoken at her home in the Philippines. She has only been based in the US for the past four (or five?) years. All things considered, her progression in the use of the English language is quite remarkable.

I do not believe that native English speakers will lambast Charice for her accent and grammatical missteps. As a matter of fact, they appreciate her ability to converse in a language other than her mother tongue. Detractors who hit on Charice because she speaks English in a manner that does NOT conform to what they perceive as standard spoken English are not well informed.

Music is its own language and Charice, as a gifted singer/vocalist, is highly proficient in it. That’s all that matters. Everything else is secondary when you appreciate her talent/gift.

• RodBelt says:
      Thank you for your perfect articulation that hopefully will enlighten the misinformed.

• surg702 says:

@ hyperbola

Very well articulated my friend. Charicemania is well served with intelligent comments like yours.

While reading some comments and suggestions by well meaning chasters for Charice to broaden her base by guesting on highly rated TV shows like American Idol and Dancing With The Stars, I thought, why not? What could possibly be holding Charice from guesting in AI or DWTS? Guess what I found out?

I knew Charice have been signed with William Morris Endeavor Talent Agency since she burst into everyones conciousness 4 years ago…so what’s the problem? There shouldn’t be a problem because WME is the most influencial talent agency in the US. But notice that Charice was invisible in 2011, except for her few appearances in the Philippines? So I verified, connected some dots and found out that she’s not represented by WME anymore. She is now with an agency named Spectrum Talent Agency and it appears that Charice is Spectrums biggest star? Hmmm??? Strange??? Checked further and found out that Spectrum is owned by a former Vegas showgirl and news in Vegas have it that Spectrum have been accused in some questionable transactions.

I think this is a very serious matter that Charice’s people should look at.

10. schoen says:

Apologize to everyone, there’s someone consistently using diff. usernames but same IP and IP area promoting other artist here, we were just doing a test. Not a hater nor a crab, just an avid fan of someone lol. The bar is open! (I mean comments lol)

• hyperbola says:
      hi schoen! my reply & re-post of that reply are both still under moderation. any chance that they will be posted soon? thank you very much.
      :-)

• Laura says:
      You are talking about cricket?

11. abeng1127 says:
    ummm…. I LOVE MUSICS ..SPECIALLY HER VOICES ..BUT SHE’S WONDERFUL (charice) GURL

12. fiona says:
    i think everyone should just relax, stop debating and enjoy charice’s music.

I just want to see a video of her at perez’s birthday!!!! Can anyone link??

13. surg702 says:
    @ Crickets

American Idol does not guarantee success. Only fools believe that.

Of all AI winners only season1 winner Kelly Clarkson have had success and is set to have her own reality singing show called “DUETS” with Lionel Richie. Season8 winner Jordin Sparks and runner-up Adam Lambert and last years winner are still hanging on and the other winners are history and possibly singing in some country fairs and cocktail lounges around the US.

• auau says:

Agree, but not totally; I actually read Adam Lambert is gonna front Queen and will tour with the band soon.

14. Blist says:
    This is not mine, this is someone else point of view that i found.

This is out of topic but don’t worry Charice is mentioned in there too.

The title is written so it’s up to you to click or not to click.

• chaoster says:

• surg702 says:
        @ Chaoster

The real challenge are bitter people like you who seem to never had it good where you came from in the Philippines and brought your insecurities in the US, being critical of other people like Charice who have had success that most people in the US have not.

I think it was futurist Jack Fresco who said that; a person becomes more amiable when they feel good about themselves.

• Belle says:

This is so true!! How can a happy person be seeing miserable ways on others? So if a person is happy no matter what she can’t bring unhappiness or bitterness on others..

• auau says:

@surg702 and Belle, you seem very wise, and chaoster should listen to you, so it’s good you let him know. Poor chaoster seems lost, so let’s shower him with kindness; as the say, the best way to teach is by showing example, as what Charice and Chasters do. Is it unhappiness that chaoster is bringing to the cutting board, or is it wisdom? It’s sure is hard to tell unless we know the person very well. I hope he feels better already.

15. TTYL says:
    Just finished watching Jessica perform on Idol. I think she’s a terrific singer but all the contestants thus far are in good form. Tonight’s running theme seems to be about connecting with the song and conveying emotion vs vocal acrobatics. Charice has gotten amazingly good at connecting and conveying emotion without the belting during the last year or so. She belts less but connects more and her runs are out of this world. Now, Jessica is really good and I hope she does well but until she can sing IWALY the way Charice sang it on that farewll dff performance that went viral as a whitney tribute, I’ll hold off for now. When Charice sings the right songs it’s magic I’ve seen it too many times, and on video no less, that I know Jessica is nowhere near Charice’s realm at this time. Not trying to make a competition but just keeping it real. At this time it’s anybody’s race on AI and Dixon Colton and Deandre have got the goods young teen girls will go for. Even Hee jjun was really good. Let’s discuss music’s for music sake and not always rally round the next half-Filipino for Filipino sake. I’ve been hearing Jessica’s name being banded about much too much lately and reminds me when Thia Megia was on Idol. Maybe with more Asian faces in music scene here in US (Charice the Pioneer) Filipinos or Asians in general will not have to feel so clannish. But i understand, Asians are slowly slowly coming into the mainstream and it will take time for the mainstream to get used to it. When the first black us president was elected it was a big deal at the time. Now, it’s like, so what. The first time, the first one is always the hardest. So my hats off to Charice. That is what I’m proud of about Charice. She’s such a strong lady. Hollywood is no less a snake pit than its filipino counterpart and this strong young lady is straddling both words. Huh, you think you have office politics!
    Just having an opinionated moment. Peace.

• Belle says:

Whoever u r, thumbs up to u a thousand xs.. Ur words r exactly what I have in mind!! I love music eversince a was a kid..from Karen carpenter Barbara Streisand to Celine Whitney mariah for me these r the greatest voices I have heard they have distinct quality voices and emotions ppl can relate and enjoy.. In this generation so far charice is in this league of voice..something abt her voice and how she delivers the song.. It’s actually incredible…beautiful.. It makes my heart flutter.. :))..

• auau says:

I am a few decades/generations older than most people who comments at CM, and I tell you I was an avid, diehard fan of Barbra first, next was Lea, and then now Charice. I’m unbelievably mad about these three artists because of their great voices that to me are so pure, and their songs are the ones I never get tired of listening over and over. Barbra’s songs especially are well-written, and I hope someday Charice songs will be as of relevant and celebrated as Barbra’s.

16. Crickets says:

• chaoster says:

• auau says:
      “Kung hindi ukol, ay hindi bubukol”. Not meant to be, it’s not gonna happen. We don’t care, Chasters don’t care, and Charice probably doesn’t care. There are better things to do than be a guest at American Idol, and I personally think Charice doesn’t need them, but perhaps AI could use Charice to help boast their rating. Enjoy your parade with your idol, we’ll stay unperturbed, knowing Charice has gone along way and is far ahead of the game. She doesn’t have to be anybody except who she is, mark my word, because her truly dedicated fans like her the way she is, and they even like the way she is changing. Again identification; Charice changed are chasters changed.

• Amanda says:

• TTYL says:

That depends on your definition of relevant. Relevant: “having significant and demonstrable bearing on the matter at hand”. The matter at hand is music and vocal talent. In these areas, Charice have demonstrateable and significant bearing (i.e. try as hard as youd like but you cannot deny that Charice is exceptional in this area); b: social relevance – it may be years before the true nature of Charice’s relevance in the music industry is known but relevance is not about who’s on the cover of the latest tabloid or who’s on E! Relevance is also about the contribution she’s given in advancement of the Asian presence in music in the US. . Relevance is also being relevant without knowing you’re relevant. Charice was thrusted onto this world stage without the publicity-manipulating lengths other artists go through to have artistic “relevance” . Ask yourself this, can an irrelevant person make you do something? Well, Charice did just that. You came into her fan site and you opined. Why would something irrelevant make you do that? If Charice never make it to the stratosphere of Beyonce, Madonna or Lady Gaga in this lifetime, it is because of Charice that possibly another Asian will, someday. Relevance is far-reaching. It is seldom short-lived or easily forgotten. I’ll forget niki minaj’s catchy hip hop rapping before I forget a once in a lifetime voice that belongs up there with the greats like Barbra, Celine, Whitney and if I may add, Karen Carpenter.

17. juantamad says:
    Charice should sing “In This Song” on American Idol…

Remember that girl who tried out with that song? That way it will show how difficult it really was for that girl to have the courage to sing that song. I’m sure people still remember that audition. People made fun of that poor girl and didn’t really know it’s a real challenge to make it sound decent without the proper voice for it.

I bet you America will remember Charice and it would stick to the back of their heads that this is her song…

18. Joanne says:

I think only filifinos are great critics of Charice’s way of talking in English. @Rodbelt is saying, those names that you mentioned are not filifinos like you , so it is only your own people, they say that filifinos are great critics but if you critizise them or made a comment about anything , they are defensive and sensitive . They keep it inside their feelings, unlike the Americans , in an hour or after a day, it’s gone, it’s another new day!
    I have Filifino in law that’s why I relate her personality because in my office, they are also the same as majority unless born in here in the states.
    Filifinos have a heart like a soft bread , that what they say. I maybe wrong.

• Vanguard says:

@Joanne- You don’t have to misspell Filipino to make it appear like

you are not one. I think you are a Filipino not a Filifino.

19. Blist says:
    If someone opens their home to me then my responsibilty is to mind my P’s and Q’s. If i cross the line then the homeowner has the right to reprimand me or tell me i am no longer welcome while i have the right to be respectful of them when i am in their house.

I take that concept every website i visit regardless of the law.The owner has the right to publish or delete my comment while i have the right to adhere to their rules and regulations. The rights of people goes both ways.

• Hapon says:
      Very well said Blist.

• chaoster says:

I agree with minding p’s and q’s; there is nothing more unacceptable as bad language and bad manners. I noticed some comments about church/religion taken down. I know some very moral people who believed church/religion has done nothing to them, and some who believed they have done nothing but trouble in the world. Perhaps this comment will be taken down as well.

• Blist says:
        In order to maintain peace and harmony to this fansite politics and religion should never be included. People have different beliefs and some are passionate more than others. Religion and politics bring out the worst in people. I mean when a person has a differrent view from another person it tends to create conflict. So for me i’d rather not have that here as this is a fansite.

20. inez says:
    Actually, to my Filipino friends, if there’s one thing i really hate about Charice speaking English, is this: she is so charmingly cute (if there is such a thing)! well, seriously, but not too much, i find her accent so charming and lovely, and exotic…. Ever since i saw the video where she she first landed in LAX airport, i was hooked more than ever. The intelligent, the concise well-thought on the spot answers to the questions of the interviewer, etc. shows you what a smart person she is. You should try to accentuate the positive all the time, my Filipino friends. And to be as concise as possible in your comments here. Just like Charice.

• chaoster says:
      Charice speaking English with an accent is not a problem; accent is actually a plus because it makes the speaker more interesting as a person, also considered cute and romantic. The problem is when some foreigners learn english and try to speak too fast, then the phrasing and timing is wrong, so they are not as understandble as the speakers who were born in the states or from any english speaking country. A lot of english speaking actors who play foreigners in the movie or television mimicking the foreign accent while delivering their lines in English are more understandable because they usually got the enunciation and the nuances right. The same thing applies when singing because you are connecting/communicating with the audience/listener. A foreigner who wants to work in showbiz needs to make extra effort to listen and learn to communicate easily/effectively even while retaining the accent from the country where he grew up, and that is acquired by residing and socializing with a lot of native english speakers.

21. RodBelt says:
    I’m still surprised why some people are so critical of Charice’s command of the English language. She has come a long way from the Ellen days. Just for information, IL Volo, the 3 teen age Italian tenors who are now the touring the US, were interviewed on PBS and replied with some really horrible grammar were never criticized. The hosts were even amused. Folks, please give Charice a break.

• osuna says:
      one of the IL VOLO sang with Charice “THE PRAYER” Gianluca Ginoble…remember ??….check YOUTube….under Charice Rehearsal in Italy or something similar

• osuna says:

CHECK THIS OUT FOLKS !!! she can do anything !!!!

• chaoster says:
      That is typical mentality in the Philippines where they used to look down and redicule those who misspell, mispronunce and misconjugate; a lot of subject of Filipino jokes are about poor people who could not afford to get a good education, or the rich who failed or refused to learn the grammar and vocabularies, You still meet a lot of them(sticlers) at CM, who are ready criticize foreigners comments.

• khatman says:

Rod, Charice’s command of the English language has always been good. Just check out the video showing her first arrival here in the US just prior to her stint on Ellen. She spoke very good English in that interview but with a filipino accent. It was probably nervousness that caused her to respond to Ellen’s questions in less than perfect english. But yes, Charice’s command of the english language has improved since Ellen. She has lost the filipino accent and sounds very American complete with all the colloquialisms.

22. maria says:
    thank you for sharing this,it feels so good to watch Charice,i admire her so much and she is my favorite singer,keep up the good work and godbless you always

23. Americana says:

24. Veralove says:
    Im just curious why Charice stop tweeting?
    She should not stop reaching her fans thru social media like tweeter or Facebook. It is not because of haters whom she just needs to ignore and think the positive way. MOst celebs receiving bullying messages but then, they just ignore them. In fact haters help boost the career . Without them, there’s no thrill and there’s no life . Praising is always accompanied by critics . It is like stairs, there’s going up or down . It’s always like that.
    Without crabs or critics , there’s nothing to talk about or to defend of, life is Boring without negativity.
    All are welcome here, criticisms or non crab people. Of course , it hurts your feeling if you read a bad comment about Charice , but that is life in media , in entertainment , in holliwood, if there is no gossips, your career is dead. And you’re career is maybe over. That is how it is in America . Freedom of speech. If this web page is unbiased to all who published their opinions. This website could be facing discrimination in court and could be shout down eventually.
    So read this carefully ChariceMania and Chasters and non Chasters!
    Don’t forget the 5th amendment !!

• Jojo says:
      If you come here to spread hate,this site is for civilized people only.If you think cyberbullying Is ones right, here in america you do it and the law will go after you.

• chaoster says:
        Jojo, I agree; we don’t want to encourage haters, committing hate crimes. Besides Charice is too busy in her career, to deal with that kind of distractions. I suggest haters should make themselves useful by volunteering for charity or writing science fictions. Or perhaps go to school, be a lawyer.

• Hapon says:

• schoen says:

God save America! Sorry I can’t relate, I’m German. lol Joke joke! What’s the 5th Amendment? Too lazy to google. There are so many smart Filipinos and Americans here anyway, I’m sure I will get a clear understandable explanation.

About Charice not tweeting, sorry we don’t have any direct line to her too (you have to ask her yourself). So a clean image is worth nothing in American show & music business is that it?

25. juanes says:
    Holla!!
    Juanes here from Colombia but lives in USA
    Love to see Charice in American idol with Jessica Sanchez- did you guys hear her music Hater Luv- she dedicate that song to any haters!
    Check it out in YouTube!
    Let’s trend for Charice to be guest in idol!
    I love to see her and amaze all of us again!
    Charice is amazing superstar!! The only one on earth! Of this era!
    Love you guys!
    I’m a chaster! Viva Colombian Chasters !

26. Saudi arabia says:
    There is nothing to worry about her Grammar, in a 1st place she’s not american,everyone knows her she’s an asian artist, be thankful because she become an international, just pray for her success and enjoy her music and she’s in her way to become a household name in americas mainstraim,Just wait and be patience, i know this year 2012 is a year for CHARICE,,,

27. Mommy gee says:
    Im a jewish mom of 2 teens!
    I love Charice and my kids are crazy about her. She is amazing!
    My first time to visit here.
    We hope Charice will have a future appearance in American idol this season since there is great contestant name Jessica Sanchez !
    My support to Charice!

28. chasfan510 says:
    Welcome back to Hollywood Charice, you look very confident and handle the interview like a seasoned pro. Glad to hear the second album is still work in progress to be released some time this year.

U.S. chasters were so envious including myself after watching videos of the Infinity Tour in Asia because we felt left out. Hopefully you will schedule a concert in North America after the album is release.
    Perez Hilton is also a chaster he knows who can sing Whitney’s song and do justice. Wish you ‘ll be invited to sing in American Idol maybe a duet with Jessica Sanchez as some comments here is buzzing around tweeter and facebook.

29. patrick says:
    FOR ALL YOU KNOW GUYS THERE IS THIS CAMPAIGN IN FACEBOOK ASKING CHARICE TO GUEST IN AMERICAN IDOL AND DO A DUET WITH JESSICA SANCHEZ IT STARTED TO TREND AND PEOPLE ARE STARTING TO SHARE IT IT WAS MADE BY “Justin Remular” CHECK THAT OUT GUYS AND SHARE IT ALSO HIT THE LIKE, MAY BE THAT CAMPAIGN COULD REACH AMERICAN IDOL AND SOMEHOW CONSIDER GUESTING CHARICE ON THE SHOW, WHO KNOWS IF THE CAMPAIGN HITS MILLION LIKES AND SHARE, THEN THAT’S SOMETHING TO REALLY CONSIDER. WE HAVE TO WORK.

here is the link

• MMAUFCfighter says:
      Agreed!

Also, let’s not forget and lose sight of the Kids’ Choice Award…need to rally back together and vote for Charice.

30. justjames says:
    Why worry about how good or bad the interview? Just watch it and enjoy. For all we know those who comments about her English are not good than the fifth grader.