Categorized | Appearances, Philippines

Charice’s One For The Heart Concert in Manila

Charice’s One For The Heart Concert in Manila

Home is where the heart is. Indeed! Charice was home to show her love to her fellow Filipinos by having a special Valentine Concert entitled “One for the Heart.”

The event was broadcasted last February 12 at GMAT TV. Along with the singing sensation are local artists Jay-R also known as the R&B prince and balladeer Mark Bautista.

Not only that Charice sang her favorite songs in the program; she also talked about her Infinity concert in Asia this coming March. In addition, there was also an emotional and tender moment wherein Charice paid tribute to her father who died last year by singing a song for him.

valentine Charices One For The Heart Concert in Manila

Overall, the TV Special was a success. It was a great Valentines gift not only for Chasters all over the world but to her fellow Filipinos as well.

Video Uploaded in Full

Courtesy of Bbelj

by Princess Serena & Schoen, Charicemania.com

92 Responses to “Charice’s One For The Heart Concert in Manila”

1. hpj says:
    The songs she sang always showcases her beautiful voice and one can see the effort of really lowering the notes for songs which have higher notes in it. There are songs that when keys are lowered still sounds great – well, it’s charice.

But for me it seems like some songs which were meant to be sang at their original notes lose their power and impact, their oomph, when cha gets to sing it at a lower key like when she sang Lighthouse.

So I just hope the songs she sings in her concerts are really good for a lower-note arrangement so as not to lessen the experience. Point is that singing ALL her songs in the lower range to play safe, to preserve her voice, might not be a good idea because those songs were meant to showcase actually her higher notes in the first place; and people are missing her high notes already lol.

• vil26216 says:

Agree with you, I hope she lowers the pitch of the song(s) by a note, etc. Still great voice, full of emotions and appropriately high energy.

• hpj says:
        Yup, but I would still request of her to sing one or two of those power songs she’s known for or what people would like her to perform, one or two. Fans who have not seen her perform live with those kinds of songs also would want to experience what other fans have been writing all along in YouTube about how wonderful it is to hear her singing in those higher ranges. Just one or two out or 10, 12, 14 or so set of songs would do it. A different song in a different date would be great.

• Auau says:

A half note lower would make enunciation much clearer and easier when adding/creating nuances in phrasing when singing which would increase connection with audience/listener, because it would seem like like the singer is really singing/comunicating to you instead of just singing at you. It’s like a conversation, only with music; that’s how it’s done with Broadway musicals, and that’s how songs from Broadway musicals easily register with the minds of the audience, easily remembered and are addicting.

2. auau says:

No!!! No, no, no, no, no! I said that word many times, and that felt good! No, this video should not have happened, and should not have been posted here. Why? Because I don’t want to see Charice in less than her perfect work that compromised her art. I’m one of those who talk about propelling Charice to become an international megastar, and I’m afraid too many videos like this is unnecessarily overexposing her and kill her chance. In many of the songs she broke concentration and character, so the connection between the singer and the listener is not there all the time. It’s very obvious that here she is in a vacation mood.
    Why was this even called a concert? Obviously this was a party celebration of love between Charice and her local fans, as well as an extended wake after the death of her father, with her friends and family and should have taken place in her own backyard in the province(not big enough) or in some rental hall? What it is, is a party with a few singing(or more than a few); but why show everything that you could have done in private and intimate setting? Calling this a concert is not right, because this could have been named a party or singing jam.
    By showing everything that she does(although transparency, especially of character is always commendable) she is risking overexposure, and possibly lower her stock in hollywood, where ones career mostly thrive on mystique and curiosity. She and her team should keep in mind that she is a product, a marketable product that should not be squandered unnecessarily. She is already a celebrity; that means she has attained a status of a royalty, and she(and her people have the responsibility) to guard that status, especially that chance to become a royalty and the goodness/power that comes along with that title doesn’t come easily to anybody in a lifetime.
    I love chasters, and I love a lot of sweet, simple folks. Only for this, I’d say No!!!

• auau says:
      One mitigating factor in this video is the fact that Charice looked good in close ups. Maybe the make up artist did excellent job or/and Charice is truly growing up to be a beautiful person in appearance to match her beautiful spirit. Cute face, even before the Preview magazine photoshoot? My my my! I can see a lot of love light in peoples eyes! A Valentines party indeed!

3. cora says:
    I`m glad charice when you said that you will be honest upon finding someone. IT`S not good to hide just because of a career.

4. katrina says:
    i love this site. This my favorite Charice fansite. why complain when you don’t contribute? To those running this site, keep the good work and thank you so much for keeping us updated about Charice.

5. justjames says:
    doing a solo concert in orleans arena? we got all fans from la, sf, colorado, utah and off course nevada and arizona. let’s call, email, text, tweet, facebook warner bros and mark johnston. is he still the manager? i am behind but thanks charicemania and charicemusic and charice central.

• truepinoy63 says:
      I’ll buy that, that arena is big enough and cheaper than the mgm grand. It’s not on the strip so traffic is not as bad. Room rates are not bad either, so chasters coming from anywhere won’t find it very expensive to go.

6. justjames says:
    charice come back to vegas. maybe in orleans arena?

7. justjames says:
    thanks schoen. free video? what else can we ask for? better late than never. hellooooooo.

8. truepinoy63 says:
    I thought the show was good for the short amount of time, minimal preparation and being staged in PI by a local network station. They could have done better but that’s PI.

Some Chasters seem to forget that this was actually taped last year in December so they haven’t even done the makeover by Preview Magazine. So lets just wait what she is going to wear for her up coming concerts before we begin to talk about her outfits again. That’s fair right?

Some Chasters are talking about her music again. They rather, Charice go back to covering songs of the famous divas and stop singing her songs which I think suits her and her age. Some Chasters may not know, for an artist grow & develop in their craft, he/she needs to constantly try new genres of music. I’m 48 and I love her new songs not just bcoz of the jazzy, R&B beat that they have but mainly bcoz IT’S CHARICE’S OWN MUSIC.

Charice needs our support not our constant criticism! Just my opinion….

To Charicemania, keep up the good work! No one pays you to do what you do so I thank you for giving your time and effort for all Chasters.

• justjames says:
      chaoster, go and work for warner bros. maybe they need your talent in dressing up artist. eeehhh… dream on…..

9. justcharrie says:
    Don’t forget, MODS do the cooking and we just come to consume what they have prepared on the table – for FREE! Be sensitive and be grateful that there are volunteers that keep CM alive.

10. archiemr4 says:

easier said than done .. keep your cool fellow Chasters.

11. Schoen says:
    Quoting Conran: “I like charicemania site but why is it charicemania is always late & not up to date on charice’s news & happenings?”

Charicemania is always late? It was televised on Phil. TV on Feb. 12th (Sunday afternoon European time, my time). Quoting Bbelj “it’s very stressful..uploading that video…it took 12 hours just to render, 26 hours upload time, 9-10 hrs processing by Youtube” The video was there next day on YT right? Monday my time, work (yes I have a real job that earns me money too) I requested Princess Serena to do the write up on Feb. 13th (but I got her wrong email address so I had to send again on the 14th) Serena was so fast (usually writing w/ a baby sleeping on her arms) that she submitted on the 15th. You don’t owe anyone an apology Serena. It was posted on 16th on my spare time.

Charicemania is always late? We’re not a forum where you could just post any video or copy any news and go. It’s just below the belt and so unfair to say that (not to mention rude, coz you’re just a guest) A complicated post takes hours or even days until all details are complete.

You might not notice that we’re not really too many here. Need new volunteers you will suggest? Where? Who? Will they last? What can they contribute?

Pls visit our Forum under Community (scroll down) http://www.charicemania.com/community/forum/#/

Here I try to post some articles who didn’t quite make it to the main page if I find the time, and anyone of you guys who register could do so too.

I want to apologize sincerely to those who are submitting write-ups for CM and please don’t take it personally or get too offended (I know FB is good network to vent out but pls be fair).

Let’s focus on Charice’s career and less of her personal stuffs and/or Chasters’ personal experiences. She’s a grown up woman now, her talent is her capital not her background and stories.

Lastly, to those calling our mods “IDIOTS” on FB or other sites (probably referring to the Chatroom mods), get the stories straight first before judging, there’s a German term for that: “selber Idiot” (Max let this pass pls lol)

Charicemania is always late? We’re working on our 4th year and still here….been there, done that….

Btw, what have you done?

• miyi says:
      Thanks schoen!

Some chasters forget, Charicemania offers free service, and the CM staff are volunteers, live in different timezones, yet, after so many years, this site still offers quality articles and is regularly updated. Kudos to all the staff, all your hard work does not go unnoticed.

• Prinsesa Serena says:
      Go Schoen!!! MUAH!

• misua says:
      Schoen, hugs to you and Serena, thanks for everything!!

• redsoxcitizen says:
      If I ever forget to show my appreciation for this site and its admins from time to time, this is one of those times…

You guys rock! Excellent job with Charicemania. If some think this site is not being run well – GO create your own. Don’t whine, go DO something about it (other than continually whining about something).

• perla says:
      Hi Schoen!

maybe you feel so bad about the comments of some so called Chasters here. I just want to let you know how much I appreciate what you are doing for Charice and the Chaster Community. I too am working like you to pay my bills and I understand how much effort you are trying to pour into this engagement. i can just imagine the resources you have to give in so much to accomplish this purpose (to the delight of us Chasters, never mind others who will never be satisfied with
      your efforts and Princess Serena’s). No wonder you need to have a good paying job (LOL!). I have no idea how you work, where you get your ideas and informations about Charice. I would be very happy to help wherever I can. Don’t hesitate to contact me for help if you need one. I went home 2 times last year and I told some of my friends I’m going crazy about Charice and I asked them if they too are. I got the shock of my life when they said, we don’t like her because she’s not beautiful. I asked them what their standard of beauty is. And i was told, the mestiza type. I told them, abroad, they are not beautiful. they are just ordinary. the ones considered beautiful abroad are the likes of Charice.

• AnonymousFanatic says:
      Thanks Princess Serena and Ate Schoen for posting.
      By the way, Schoen is one of CM’s most dedicated and hard-working “ancient” resident Mod. ;)

Seems like some Chasters are not meeting their expectations towards CM? Complaints, demands, and now calling mods idiots? Pls. let’s all play fair and be considerate.. CM staff too are busy with their own personal duties and responsibilities @ work, family, school, etc. Writing/publishing alone is not an easy task and could be stressful at times plus the fact that some are not professional writers nor expert web-bloggers, yet, they are willing to dedicate and contribute their time and talent to keep us updated and provide us with these great articles. Let’s not forget that they too have lives outside the internet and this website. Same goes to all Charice-dedicated fan-site admins, mods, contributors and video uploaders. They all have different ways of showing support for Charice and just like Charicemania, their goal too is to promote her talent to new and old fans.

We all love Charice and want only the best for her but let’s not focus and dwell on the negative alone.

• lilyofnevada says:

Thank you Scheon and other Chasters for all your hard work. I love this website. I always check on this website everyday.
      Keep up the good work. Charice and all the Chasters forever!!!

12. Rosa says:
    its better for charice too sing it all for any kind a music thy want ballads@rock so confident herself!i avid fan being chaster

13. hermiemel says:
    It is scary that Charice is so talented and young yet and the world is now so open for her to display and share her music. Charice is the first Asian to place no. 8 in the American Billboard 200. Of all Asian artists and entertainers – she is the first one who has this record. Her name will be in the record book forever.

I believe that what happened to Charice is “destiny”. There is no psychology on why Charice lost on the Little Big Star other than God intended for her to have a much-bigger-musical-platform than other local artists and entertainers.

There is no denying her extraordinary voice, courage and talent. She is truly blessed. Her destiny is probably written on the palm of her hands. How else can you explain the events that followed on the heels of her defeat on LBS? Falsevoice, Sweden, Netherland, Korea, Ellen, Paul O Grady, Oprah, David Foster, duet with Celine & Andrea, TV apperances and a movie, concerts tours, personal and charitable apperances, her albums, etc.

The Philippines is a pool of musical talents. Time will tell how Charice’s story will unfold. She already made some history and I am full of anticipation in her next move as an artist, entertainer and musician. Peace.

14. chaoster says:

• chaoster says:

Liz Uy and Eric Pineda should get involved in costuming Charice for some of her production numbers; I know they will do a great job. I also dreamed of having Michael Cinco, who is based in Middle East, design some glamorous gowns/dresses that she can wear when singing her mellow songs. These famous talented Filipino designers should work together to help our princess because, you know, it takes a village.

• daddy 0 says:
      i agree 100 million %.. but i am a chaster devotee.

15. FlorOfTexas says:
    Very good performance of Charice. She’s incredibly spectacular. Thanks for sharing this with us.

16. Charice has a great voice and it’s wonderful that she is in the Philippines and performing.

17. ttyl says:
    my post was in response to Sarahforever a little further down on this thread …

18. ttyl says:
    When Sarah’s songs are in the top 100 billboard chart

and when Sarah is in a hit American TV show,

and when Sarah sing at Rockefeller Center and pack them in in Las Vegas,

and when Sarah sing with the likes of David Foster and other mainstream popular artists,

and when Sarah makes a HOLLYWOOD movie starring A-list actors (Here Comes the Boom coming out in June),

and when Sarah has a second US album,

and when Sarah performs internationally …

When I see Sarah on Ellen Degeneres show, Oprah, CNN, E,

and when I see Sarah’s videos going viral on YouTube,

when Sarah does all this … we might… just might give you the time of day.

What you are most jealous of is that the lucky star fell on Charice. Yeah, they’re all good singers … whatever, whatever…but, and hear this loud and clear, your Sarah and others like her have missed the boat… yeah… missed the boat. They weren’t destined to be. They will remain local for the rest of their lives. Please accept that and so you can move on and be at peace with yourself.

Your insecurity is very touching.

• luckyjane says:
      lol!your insecurity is very touching, ur d best in sarcasm!haha!million points for ttl(charice fans), zero for…nevermind:D

• Chasterlei says:

Change “when” to IF. No offense to Sarah, but let’s just be happy for Charice. Luck meets the prepared nd truly talented. After all Charice has been through, she deserves her success. Peace and let’s focus more on supporting Charice than anything. Thanks!

19. Drew says:
    oh my welcome to chasters world sarahforever, you could be eaten alive here, you know what happen when you bash our princess

20. cancon says:
    I like charicemania site but why is it charicemania is always late & not up to date on charice’s news & happenings? Anyway, thanks for supporting Charice..can’t get enough of Charice because she’s too great,as a singer & as a person!…more power, Charice!

• Prinsesa Serena says:
      Sorry for being late on the article. Hu hu hu! :(

• misua says:
        Prinsesa Serena, you don’t have to say sorry, you did a wonderful job and I thank you and Schoen for making such efforts to post something about Charice.

Cancon, be nice…why not just appreciate and be thankful that you have something to read here.

• tsuki says:
      Charicemania needs a lot of volunteers to keep the site on-going and current. I wish a lot more chasters can volunteer.

21. Mnc1 says:
    I don’t cry much but I don’t know why everytime this girl cries, I cry. Charice is truly AMAZING!!! Her duet with Mark was also spectacular. Overall, I give this concert a 10/10.

22. Belle says:
    Great show! Can’t wait to see the entire show when it airs in Canada. Love that it’s not as chaotic as those variety show type concerts.

23. Misua says:
    Schoen and Prinsesa Serena, thank you very much for this post. Also to the ones who uploaded the You Tube videos of the show.

You guys are the best and we really appreciate all your efforts!

24. riza says:
    I’m half filipino b and half caucasian. i know cahrice from watching oprah, glee and that christmas show at rockefeller. believe me her fans are mostly from other groups, less filipinos. i saw her concert at universal and belive me you could count filipinos by your fingers. don’t know an entertainer named sarah. any last name, i’m getting interested. thanks.

25. riza says:
    now you all know why we say something that cause our comments to have a lot of thumbs down! we miss her guys. as i said before we felt abandoned. Can you blame us fans here in the US? we want here back please. if any of you could talk to her, WE WANT HER BACK PERIOD.

26. chris0805 says:
    i am from England, we are proud of Charice because of her humbleness, down to earth artist, super talented and unbelievable talent that i have not seen who can match her at this point in time. I respect your idol, but my love is for CHARICE.

27. jjet says:
    Let’s give respect to Schoen by calling her Ate Schoen.
    She deserves it, a truly dedicated Chaster.

28. josie says:
    Enough and well said, Woody.

29. Pabs Q says:
    “STUNNING Tribute To Whitney Houston By Filipino Teen Sensation [VIDEO]

NEW YORK (PIX11)— Of the many memorials to Whitney Houston, a rendition of ‘I Will Always Love You’ by 19-year-old Filipina Charice Pempengco may be one of the best.

Pempengco, who rose to stardom in the Philippines thanks to YouTube and the American Idol-esque talent show ‘Little Big Star’, listed Whitney Houston as one of her major influences, and dreamed of meeting her.

Now known as ‘Charice’, the Filipina sensation has experienced a meteoric rise to fame, appearing on the Ellen DeGeneres Show, The Oprah Winfrey Show, and recently joining the cast of Glee. In 2010 she released her first international studio album,’Charice’, that landed at number eight on the Billboard 200 albums chart — the first time an Asian singer had broken the top ten. See Video Below:

——————————————————————————–
    Sign up for KTLA 5 Breaking News Email Alerts
    ——————————————————————————–

Copyright © 2012, WPIX-TV
    wpix-whitney-houston-charice-philippine-singer-tribute
    Comments 0Share48
    « Previous Story More Stories Next Story » Blagojevich to serve sentence in Colorado prison 2 Columbine H.S. students wounded in hammer attack
    Comments (0)Add comments | Discussion FAQ
    Currently there are no comments. Be the first to comment!

30. sarahforever says:

• rant says:
      thanks for viewing. you are always welcome here at charicemania.but please do not compare sarah to charice. sarah is only for local consumption while charice is all around the globe. no comparison whatsoever

• tiklingkhu says:
      i also like sarah coz she does what no one can do in the local scene that is she can dance and sing and she looks very entertaining really. BUT TO COMPARE HER to CHARICE? you must be kidding me, you should not do things like this if truly you are a fan of sarah. I am a fan of charice and it didnt occur to me to bash other artist just because I BELIEVE MY IDOL is the best in the PHILIPPINES and one of the BEST in the international music arena.

good day!

• Paolo,Italia says:
      Idiot,I’m Italian,75 years old,and proudly chaster….

• milkyway says:
      Why dont you just promote sarah by not pulling down someone else who is much much much better than your idol? Please don’t compare Charice to sarah b’coz it’s just not right, Sarah is for local ONLY and Charice is GLOBAL. It’s like you are comparing an Apple to a LANZONES.

• Prinsesa Serena says:
      IGNORE THIS TROLL!

• Woody says:
      Not all of them, I’m not Filipino but I’ve been a fan since Dec. 2007. I like Sarah too but not enough to be considered a fan. You must not be a Sarah fan either if the only way you can promote her is to bash Charice. The bottom line Is: Our five foot tall Charice stands head and shoulders above every other entertainer out there, American or Filipino.

• lyn montero says:
      you must be kidding! i like Sarah too but shes only for local consumption… CHARICE is for universe… before you comment here think twice. Im 50 in this is the first time i idolize a singer.. i really hate someone who bash my idol CHARICE….

• kamandag says:
      You’re giving Sarah a huge disservice by posting this. I hope you’re not one of her REAL FANS. Sarah would be really be disturbed by posts like this.

• smurf says:
      well im from malaysia! a proud chaster!

• Suvaree Lara says:
      Well, I am Thai American and in my family side we are Chasters and we love Charice. We do not know Sarah. Around here in Florida where we live, lots of American people are fans of Charice. Out from the Philippines, the only idol we have is Charice because being a talented singer with astonishing voice; also she is humble and down to earth. Chasters forever…

• lyn montero says:
      If I were you… dont ever try to bash CHARICE again in this site.. or you will be eaten alive !

• kevin says:
      SARAHFOREVER, your comment simply defines how “stupid and insane” you are…bashing our Princess Charice will not help your idols success & popularity!!!!

• Drew says:
      you are always welcome here in chasters world, but dont compare a local to a international sensation, who only knows how to steal a line in ASAP Im telling you im not going fail by sarah G.

• Marie says:
      You know what? This is the first time I hit the Dislike button!

To Sarahforever, I think you love Charice with out knowing it! Why? you keep on following her hihihi…

Peace be with you.

• daddy 0 says:
      this is from ttyl….Thanks!! i love this!!

When Sarah’s songs are in the top 100 billboard chart

and when Sarah is in a hit American TV show,

and when Sarah sing at Rockefeller Center and pack them in in Las Vegas,

and when Sarah has a second US album,

and when Sarah performs internationally …

When I see Sarah on Ellen Degeneres show, Oprah, CNN, E,

and when I see Sarah’s videos going viral on YouTube,

when Sarah does all this … we might… just might give you the time of day.

Your insecurity is very touching.

• Marcos (macdealer) says:
      I’m from Brazil! And I love Charice, I manage a communitty here with 6582 fans. Charice is awesome. And take some of the Brazilian spice… Sarah Geronimo sucks! We from Brazil don’t have fear to show the truth rubbed in you face. Sarah can be a good person, actress, but she is an awful singer. I know her happy when Charice left Little Big Star… because Charice was much better than her already!

Look here a photo from her page in Brazil:

• lyn montero says:
        Hi Marcos..thank you so much and the BRAZIL community who loves CHARICE….

• Marcos (macdealer) says:
          No problem. I don’t mean to be bad to Sarah. But people here had no clue what they’re doing. This is no place to be a troll to Charice and talk about Sarah… And more, say that Charice have no fans around the world.
          Charice is rising here in Brazil, each day.
          Because people started to share her videos to friends. *-*

And else… Final Fantasy XIII-2 is very know here. That helped her to be more recognized.

When “Here comes the boom” release I hope she show again why she is the chosen.
          Sorry Sarah, nothing against you… But Phillipinos need to wake up. It’s not just a taste, Charice voice is unique, doesn’t exist in any place of the world.
          It wasn’t just because she was a “child” singer that the world spread her….
          It’s because she was the best child singer EVER! And even now she is the greatest singer ever in the style “Divas” voice.
          (Because I think there is different categories, as I think Alanis Morissette and Björk amazing singers too)

Charice voice is very consistent, rare, strong, and she have perfect control.

I really don’t know what’s wrong with the world right now. To not recognize her talent and instead come so much haters, generate so much haters… That’s sad.