Categorized | Announcements, News, USA

Behold Thy Name: Charice!

Behold Thy Name: Charice!

What do these people have in common with Charice?

Madonna, the Queen of Pop who is also a legendary icon. Shakira, the hip shaking Colombian songstress. Eminem, the popular and controversial rapper (not the colorful chocolate candy kiddos). Prince, said to be the rival of Michael Jackson during the glory days of heavy eyeliner (raccoon inspired make-up?) and gigantic/teased hair (Yup, it’s the 80′s). Usher, the famous R&B singer/mentor of Justin Bieber and last is the very famous Beyonce who just recently gave birth to a bouncing baby bonita named Blue Ivy.
aol 178x300 Behold Thy Name: Charice!
Aside from being famous celebrities and having their own unique talent, these group of people share one thing. They are all one hit wonders! Nah! Just Kidding. Obviously, they all have ONE name that they use as their identity in the world of entertainment. They are the same as our beloved Charice.

Recently AOL Music had a countdown on their website the TOP 20 artist who goes by their one name. Charice was at number 18. Others stars included were Selena, Jewel, Seal (whose real name by the way is Seal Henry Olusegun Olumide Adeola Samuel..pant! pant!), Rihanna, Adelle, Usher and more.

Actually there are more one name celebrities out there to be considered but the editors only picked the BEST OF THE BEST and Charice is the best!

For now she may be in 18th place on the list but ONE DAY (cue music and dancers) her name will reach FAR AS THE SKY and will be known to the NEW WORLD. Her music will be LOUDER than ever!

So congratulations Charice! You sure are LIVING IT UP!

Source Link: Music.AOL.com

By Princess Serena, Charicemania.com

107 Responses to “Behold Thy Name: Charice!”

1. melisma22 says:
    Picking a song for audition is critical to one’s success. I don’t think it’s a good choice to sing any of Charice’s song in any audition unless you have a rendition of your own. My observation is that all Charice’s song are carefully crafted for her and that Charice has added a certain degree of difficulty making her the owner of that song. So far there is no one that could do a cover that is even close.

2. cjaysan says:
    CHARICE was with me last night. i had a dream and it was the best. she’s singing while we’re dancing, she even gave her contact number to me. how i wish everything was real. sorry, my comment is way way out of the discussion.

Godbless everyone. Charice stay safe, i labyo!

• chaoster says:
      You must be a Prince, and Charice was Charnderella in your dream.

• Don says:
        It was brilliant to play Charice’ voice “In this song” until Jessica hit the high note which of course as we knew was quite terrible. I can’t help but laugh at Jessica’s facial expression as well as the reactions of the judges. I gave kudos to whoever thought about this clip from american Idol. Wish list: Maybe Jessica will be invited at the finale rehashing this scene, Charice will be invited to sing “IN this song” until the very end with Jessica hitting the high note again.

3. Hornet says:
    She is CHARICE no matter what.

Years from now, she will become a musical legend.

Mark my word my friends.

4. hello says:

5. jimfan155 says:
    Too bad Jessica could not have done a better job with “In This Song”. Just thinking of the big picture – won’t get that much interest from new listeners because she was so off key. Hope someone else will sing a Charice song and give it justice so more people will research it and we can pick up more Chasters.

First a Charice song then maybe a live appearance on the show? Oh, please, please, please.

• Auau says:
      I have the same wish. Oh, just please, please, please.

• khatman says:
      Jim, There was mention of Jessica and Charice in today’s NY Post:

‘Jessica Whitely performs Charice’s “In This Song” to judges who are stunned into silence by how bad it is. She exits with a threat to attend auditions again’.

One has to wonder what Randy Jackson was thinking. Randy is a chaster.

• jimfan155 says:
        I stand corrected. As long as Charice is mentioned, I guess any publicity is good publicity. So thanks to Jessica for singing a Charice song and getting her name on AI.

Btw, I’ve always wanted to hear what Simon thought about Charice.

• khatman says:
          Jim, I’m sure Simon was impressed by what he saw on British television or replays. Paul O’Grady made sure of that when he bashed the X-Factor of which Simon was a judge.

btw the reason Charice’s entrance was so exuberant was because she had already been on the Oprah show April 5 and here she was in London on April 8. The Oprah show was taped and shown May 12.

• khatman says:
            @ Jim,

Sorry the above is a bad link (typo)- correction -

• jimfan155 says:
              I understand what you’re saying khatman when you say you’re sure Simon was impressed and I can’t disagree. But for me seeing is believing and I have never seen a clip where Simon acknowledged Charice or her singing ability (which is undeniable). Actually, don’t know why I need to see Simon mention her, but for some reason I do.

For me Charice should be included in all the music awards shows and I still want to see her on all the talk shows in the US and then I’ll know she is conquering the American market. But make no mistake, I will always have the utmost confidence in her talent and I want to be there giving her a standing ovation whenever I see her. She’s the best.

• khatman says:
                Jim, I don’t believe there is a clip of Simon Cowell talking about or acknowledging Charice’s singing ability. The best we can hope for is that someday Charice will be a guest on X-Factor. Like you I have hopes of Charice appearing on one of the many talk shows. I check the NY Post regularly which lists all the talk shows and their guests. All it takes is for one song to jumpstart her career here in the US.

• Theo says:

I was hoping Jessica would do well with this song because then we may have heard what some of the judges thought of the song. However, I hope that people do not get possessive of Charice’s song and start comparing her version to others who attempt it for the mere sake of proving her superiority (and in turn boost people’s pride to prove that Filipinos are the “it” when it comes to singing by god-given right). I am just happy that even with limited music videos which are normally no longer played on tv (other than Youtube) that some of her old songs are still on young people’s mind other than hard core Chasters.

As for Simon, I am not sure he would be brutally honest with Charice at this stage simply because she is no longer a contestant. I am not sure if Simon takes liberty commenting about singers outside these competitions but if Charice did compete at the time I am sure he would like it, although I think he may mention something about toning down the stage acting a bit to balance it out with subtlety and a little more training on some areas of the belting; something which Charice has now almost fully developed to perfection at this stage.

Theo

• Monkeydoggie says:
      Hey! look. Jessica just made it to Yahoo’s worst auditions! Here is the link. It’s in Yahoo Homepage now!

• chaoster says:
        As they say, what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. I hopes she learns and improves herself from that audition experience,

• chit says:
      But I think that I smell the possibility of Charice getting invited on AI. This is why: after the judging of Jessica’s performance, Ryan Seacrest said, “Now listen to how that song really sounds” or something like it, and two or three measures of Charice’s In This Song was played.

• chaoster says:
        I’m also thinking that might become a possibility. I hope American Idol will invite her to be a guest performer, before her US tour, if there’s gonna be a US Tour Concerts. Of course, I’m praying there will be.

• bote says:
      Well what do you know? I was watching AI auditions in Pittsburg and lo and behold at the break there was our princess inviting people to watch ai at starworld channel! Has anyone else seen it?

6. cancon says:
    Charice’s “In This Song” was played in the American Idol show last night. upon hearing that,I got so excited & very proud of charice…you can tell & prove that she is really known by many people especially in the music industry. I hope & wish she will be invited in American Idol to be a guest performer…someday.

7. ArrVee says:
    i’ve posted this a long time ago, but I believe it is worth repeating for those who don’t know about it:

looking up the origins of her given names, one realizes that indeed, she was predestined for this …

Charmaine = “Singer” or “Song”:

Clarice = “Famous”:

and while the song “In This Song” was written for her, about her life, the name origin of “Charmaine” lends new meaning to the title and meaning of that song …

8. julio says:
    watching american idol last night, seeing a contestant singing ‘Charice’s song as her audition piece is just amazing and makes me proud as well…it is a manifestation that Charice is now in the mainstream US music market…can’t wait for Charice to be more visible in the world in time.

• Jaja says:
      What song of charice did the contestant sing?

• Auau says:
        For her audition, she sang In This song, the one especially written for Charice by David Foster and included in Charice first album. Of course that’s a very beautiful song, perfect for Charice voice.
        I was sorry for Jessica Whitely because it seemed like she wasn’r ready, nervous or didn’t practice enough, plus the song was probably beyond her range. She could have lowered the pitch a little and that would have helped avoid the screeching. She seemed to have a very pleasant attitude, and not badlooking either; only she didn’t connect with the listeners when singing. The way I see her she should try her luck as a stand up comedian, instead of singing.
        Watching a contestant use Charice music for audition and having part of of her song/voice played on AI audition for judges to listen and compare, is a good sign I’m thrilled about; that means there are followers out there in the mainstream America that buy and listen to Charice music. So both julio and Nauba are right; very big time is very definite to happen for Charice and her music, just around the corner.

• truepinoy63 says:
          I’ve seen a lot of young people do covers of Charice’s songs on YT. Some are good, but this is the first time it got covered on national tv which is great. To bad for Jessica it didn’t come out well. She said before she left that she’ll try again in Texas. She might sing another one Charice’s songs if they let audition again who knows.

9. Nauba says:
    Hello everybody. I watched American Idol Auditions last night at Savanah, GA. A young woman sang “In this Song” for her audition. Fox played a cut of the song sung by Charice, then compared the young womans voice Charice. It drove home the point made by the judges, that the young womans voice sounded like doo doo. However, I was struck by the fact that one, Charice’s voice is friggin killer on TV, and two, young people out there (in America) definitely know, buy, and listen to Charice. So while us old timer’s endlessly lament this and that and that and this about Charice’s career – her brand is steadily marching on. Folks, Charice is a profitable artist for the folks who have her under contract. Sometimes, less is more.

• Inez says:
      i concur. this may be another serendipitous incident in the beautiful life of one called Charice. Who knows, this may be getting more and more people to check out what the whole world has been buzzing about all this time.

10. Theo says:
    Yes, Charice is a hot name! Now where is that no. 1 song?

Charice has ENOUGH songs even her in old album to have a no. 1 song (let alone the new one). What is her management team lacking? Connections? Corporate sponsors?

Charice has gone very far for an Asian singer for sure in the UnitedStates, but this is a clear sign that there is still a long way to go when it becomes being accepted by mainstream and people of power that make it deem so.

She has the talent, she has the voice, she can dance, and even if her looks are not your thing, a good makeover can do the job…so what is the problem, here….

The issue is far more complex than it seems. Long live Charice!

• Jojo says:
      Her song pyramid hit #1 in the US Billboard dance chart just in case you don’t know.

• Inez says:
      Why do you people keep harping about why she’s not yet no.1 in the US, why she’s not mainstream in the US, or this or that in the US? Why are you people so obsessed with that? She’s already way way up there! Why can’t we be just real cool fans of Charice. Classy and cool like Charice. As for me, i couldn’t ask for anything more. I just pray for her happiness and good health always.

• Theo says:
        We “people” care because Charice herself wants it to be so in some of her interviews (and no one ever mentioned that all people who wanted her to have a no. 1 song are unhappy about her other accomplishments). If Charice tells us that she will just be happy singing whatever she wants regardless of the outcome and as long as she produces quality songs that appeals to me, then will have the greatest respect for her. Two, it is important to strike when the iron is hot…strategy wise; and three, Charice needs a far more aggressive management team that will get her into gigs that will lead to far greater exposure. This is why.

• khatman says:
          Charice has said that she would like a grammy award but David Foster implied it may not happen right away but it will happen.

• Inez says:
          Have you ever heard of unsolicited advice? That’s what you’re doing. Unsolicited advice is very impolite because you’re making an erroneous assumption that Charice’s management team do not know what their doing. It comes across as argumentative, arrogant, rude and annoying — not kind, friendly, and helpful. You’re doing more harm than good and doing a disservice to Charice herself and to those people behind her who’ve done so much to further her career. And i think it’s not all dollars and cents for them either, that they truly care and love her.

• Theo says:

Unsolicited advice…there was a question as to why we …people..keep harping about, etc., etc., as if under the assumption that the ultimate Chaster is the one that just keeps quiet and think everything is A okay…there was a question, then there was an answer, and then you make assumptions of the same order which is even far more presumptions that the one made here. Please.

• chaoster says:
              I’m one of those not to keep quiet. Some of us have different standards, especially the ones who go out there at the clubs(music is not all for home listening) and aware of the competitions. It;s entertainment business after all, and once in a while , or every so often, entertainers should freshen or renew their acts to be ahead or up to par with the others. It’s just the reality of it. You heard the saying, it takes a village to raise a child; well then, it can also take a village/community to turn the the child into a megastar. No doubt about it.

• Theo says:
                I agree, Chaoster. No one is denying that Charices accomplish as the 1st Asian singer to break in the US market is already a feat by itself. She surely already have the support of the Filipino community, as well as other Asian communities. However, Hollywood is a tough business to be in, really. Even with her connections (David Foster, Oprah), it is still tough. The US media always wants to go very stereotypical when it comes to what they consider a quick success; it is all about, unfortunately, making money as soon as possible. What is really lacking a good quality song with a killer music video featuring Charices full talent (dancing, singing, and someone that can accentuate her best features, makeup and fashion wise). The song quality is already there for sure (even in her old album); just the music video, and I know it is expensive to have one made, not to mention there are literally thousands of artists wanting to get their videos be picked up by the powers that be. Even if Charice becomes only partially successful and only maintain grass roots support I will continue being her fan as long as I enjoy her music, but there is a a part of me that wants to see her fulfill fully breaking in into the mainstream US market (right now, that is not the reality – there are still a lot of people who do not know who Charice is because there are lots of people who do not watch TV and only listen to the radio). I want this to happen due to ethnic pride, but because Charice success will be a catalyst for further breakthrough for artists that would not normally have a regular chance of breaking into the US market. Even in the film industry wherein there are already so many existing Asian actors from Korea, China, etc., it is still fairly rare to see them play a leading role without them playing their stereotypical roles – this is the reality of Hollywood. I remember as a former agent, I was specifically told that when casting for background, minorities are only 3% (unless it was as specific scene), and that 3% would be the computer people, accountants (Asians!). Rarely would the casting directors approve of an Asian being a cop, or the local hunk on the block. I am hoping that Charice breaks these social barriers because for the most part I think the youth is now accepting; it is just the current institution in place that is a bigger problem. Peace.

• Auau says:

Not unsolicited advice; more like opinions being written down here. Not bad really; it makes a lively discussion to fill up the time of otherwise our boring lives. I mean my boring life, I don’t speak for everyone, he he.

• chaoster says:
        Because we project our dreams through Charice. Her dream is our dream; her success is our success.

• Auau says:
      Long time ago when I was working I found out businesses in the states will not take the chance on anything new, they wait until some products abroad are already proven sellers before they would develop anything, and spend money marketing the product. i think it’s the same in music industry; Charice management is probably waiting how her new album is received by population outside the country, and when there’s a sign that it’s a winner, only then will they start the promotion, because promotions cost more money than production. It’s true, it would probably help if fans like me starts buying her music in the internet; I’m like a few who waits for the north American release to see the cd displayed in the sores, and hope for more songs(right now there’s 11 songs in the list). I’ll wait, and I have a very strong feeling that things will go right with Charice Infinity album.

11. chris0805 says:
    It is about time that our CHARICE shall have a Charice’s Museum in the Phil. because of so many achievements, accomplishment, recognition and pride she has given for the country. (The only Asian and Filipino artist who dominates the world music industry.)
    At the same time, beside the Museum is the headquarters for the Chasters around the world. Just imagine, the boost it can give to the Phil. Tourism, (we are dealing with million fans overseas) the inter-action of all the Chasters globally. Every tourist, wether balikbayan or foreigners will certainly love to see what is all about Charice, and likewise want to meet and chat stories with other Chasters around the world.
    This idea can be elevated thru the support and funding of the Govt. or the Private funding among the fans of Charice around the world, or maybe some financial support from Charice’ management.
    As a true fan of Charice myself, I will support with all my means whoever will undertake or initiate this project.
    An elegant place, a good architectural design of the bldg. with monument of Charice and state of the art for the Chaster’s space, with bar, coffee, restaurant, playground, library for Charice pictures and files, a small theatre for all the concerts and videos of Charice, a music lounge, compilation of all her standing ovations, all her overseas trip, all her issues, her dresses and accessories, everything about Charice (Oh I love to see them and experience)
    A reasonable entrance fee has to be applied which can be used for maintenance of the Museum and others for the Charitable project for Charice missions.
    This is my ultimate dream for Charice. “One Day” it will happen. Generations after generations, years after years, Charice will be remembered forever and ever on this planet.

• neild38 says:
      That’s a very good idea Chris0805. I’ll buy that.

• lyn montero says:
      Dear chris0805…100% i agree to your openion.my ultimate dream for CHARICE…to become a legend like MJ..and about the museum…lets wait for the Grammys award,MTV,EMMY etc..to put together in a special museum for CHA….

• truepinoy63 says:
      I don’t know about a museum, the sentiment is great but I think this is going overboard. Don’t get me wrong Chris, I love Charice and will support her forever but it’s too early to be thinking like this. I like your enthusiasm, I got excited while reading your comment but for now, let’s just pray for Charice’s success this year and in the years to come.

• truepinoy63 says:
        Hey Chris, What I do see in Charice’s future since she is a smart young woman and with the help of a savvy business woman as her godmother “Oprah”, I see her owning her own TV Station or her own Production Company in PI. In doing so she would help many strugling pinoy artists and employ hundreds of people and also help PI’s economy. Decades from now she’ll be as huge and powerful like her Ninang Oprah.

• lyn montero says:
          Dear truepinoy… LOL !thats also a good dream…who knows…our dreams for CHARICE will come tue.

• truepinoy63 says:
            LOL! Lyn you can call it a dream, but I call it a premonition! It’s doable actually, especially with the rate Charice is going and with Oprah’s guidance, I bet you in 25 to 30 years or maybe less than that this will be a reality. I just hope that I’m still alive to witness it and to celebrate it with all the chasters old and new.

• chris0805 says:
          We are all entitled to our own ideas, opinion and dream for Charice. You have a nice vision for Charice. It is good to start thinking and discussing about different perspective for her, who knows one of us, (friends, donors or sponsors) would initiate to undertake this idea in the near future, we will all be happy that our dream for Charice will be fulfilled. Thank you for your suggestion.

• auau says:
          You’re talking about money again? Charice money? I think you should get involved in the stewardship of Charice fortune; she could lose those millions easily in just one bad investment, so you should be there for her to watch,lol!. But I understand and admire you guys for being happy for Charice, because you are dedicated Chasters who live and breathe Charice, and I think that’s very cute.
          Me, I’d rather talk about Charice art and influence; as a symbol she’s got the power, and she can change humanity. I like to hear more from others who can think of broadening her influence so she can become like Oprah, or just close.

• truepinoy63 says:
            LOL…Auau I was hoping that you’d jump in the conversation. I always welcome you’re input so lets dissect the possibilities of owning a TV Station. I admit this is a very costly venture but if you think about it in the business sense of it, you are actually selling “AIR”. Airtime that is! Companies for years pay millions of dollars to TV stations just to buy “airtime” for their products. I’ve worked for an advertising firm back in the 80′s in CA a good example was a check that we received for just a 1 minute of a NISSAN commerical for the amount of $1.5 million. This is just the payment for the ad itself not including the “airtime”. They paid twice as much for the actual airtime that broadcast nationwide.

In business they say “you have to spend money to make money” and this is the truth.

In helping the needy you also need money. So money isn’t always the root of all evil, sometimes it is also a good thing.

Charice is smart and if she’s still working on that law degree then her education would help her build her own empire. From rags to riches….

• Auau says:
              I know nothing about money and how it grows. All I have sometimes is a big mouth and I’m emotional with very little intelligence, and I’m afraid to get in trouble. I’m sure there are lot more Chasters who know and can talk about it; I’ll get off this discussion about money because I’m no authority, but I’ll read and follow what you come up with. I agree Charice is a very smart girl/person and she’s becoming more and more powerful everyday, which is good for her.

• Inez says:
        uhhm, i think so too. i believe it’s “at the top, baby!” but your idea is somewhat ykwim :o)

• truepinoy63 says:
          Inez do you care to wager? Lets say $100, now by time it happens in 25 to 30 years we’ll just adjust the amount due to inflation…LOL. You know this has already been done before by no other than Oprah. She started when she was 19 as the youngest news anchor in 1974. In 1986 she started her Oprah Winfrey Show and in the 25 years she made her networth climb to $2.7 billion one of the richest people in US. So I know with Oprah’s guidance, Charice owning a TV station in the Phil. is not that imposible.

• Inez says:
        @truepinoy63 i think so too. i believe it’s “At the top, Baby!” not over it :o) peace?

• truepinoy63 says:
          LOL! No problem Inez but just for the fun of it, let’s do the math.
          So in 4yrs Charice’s networth is $15 million, if she continues at this rate, let’s find out what could be her networth in 30yrs.
          30 / 4 = 7.5; 7.5 * 15 = 112.5; 112.5 + 15 = 127.5, so that’s $127.5 million (5,610,000,000 billion pesos, Exchange rate as of today is $1 = 44 pesos) Now let’s say a good size building in PI is about 1.5 to 2 billion pesos and then to transform it into a TV station, lets say another 1 billion.
          Of course this is just an estimate and done to make a point that Charice could be the next Oprah…Pinoy Version…lol

• khatman says:
            You mean the next Sharon Cuneta.

• truepinoy63 says:
            Did she buy her own TV Station? The last time I saw her on TV she was still with ABS-CBN. All I know is that Charice is one of the richest filipinos right now in Phil showbiz. PI so called tv personalities don’t get paid in the millions per episode so I doubt that they are as rich as Charice. This is one of the main reasons why they are jealous of her fame and good fortune.

• Chartista says:
      I agree more or less to your opinion…please take note:
      “(The only Asian and Filipino artist who dominates the world music industry.)” — you should’ve put “Yet”
      Filipino artistry and musical talent doesn’t start and end with Charice…
      She will always be recognized no matter what but please give credit as well to other Asian artists (not just Filipino) who will eventually emerge in the World Music entertainment industry (not this time but maybe in 5 or 10 years or so)

I’m not bursting anyone’s bubble but let’s put a fine line between Idolatry and being a die hard fan. Peace fellow Chasters!

• chris0805 says:
        Thank you, you have your point, Charice will be a shining example and role model for the future artists (Asian or Non-Asian).

• bluedanube says:
      you need to call it a shrine because a museum is for the past…
      ;) ;) ;)
      in reality, I think a theme garden restaurant would be possible. people can listen to charice in headphones, look at screens with her pictures and videos, while eating halo-halo or ice cream. plus a little concert lounge where they play her concert compilations on a bigger screen with good sound.

• chris0805 says:
        Thank you for your comment, but if you define “Museum”: a building or institution where objects of artistic, historical, or scientific importance and value are kept, studied, and put on display. It doesn’t mention the past, just like in London Wax Museum, you will see a lot of living personalities displayed, whether past or present.
        And the term “Shrine” may not be proper because shrine is a place of worship, pilgrimage, a holy place, memorial.
        And whatever is new for Charice, can be updated regularly, say quarterly.
        Your other suggestion, theme garden is nice also, however my perspective is something bigger, coz. Charice is International Sensation Singer/Artist, a role model because of her humility and down to earth personality. For me, Charice deserves this, as well as the Chasters.

• khatman says:
      I think it will be awhile before a Charice Museum can be built, let alone considered. She is only 19 with many more years and accomplishments to go in her career. Usually the person in question has retired as museums honoring some of the former US presidents like Bill Clinton and George W Bush are constructed. Consider Elvis Presley, the all-time King of Rock and Roll. Like Charice his career started early while he was still a teenager. He died in 1977 but a museum in his memory wasn’t built until the following year 1978.

• jodie says:
      @chris0805, i’m all for that 110%…what a nice idea..

• Auau says:

This is a lovely idea, but I know it’s a long run. I’ve been thinking more of maintaining and expanding Charice influence. Influence first, legacy next.

12. MJdalycity says:
    Check this out – Jessica Whitely – American Idol 2912 – January 18, 2012 Season 11 Premier – singing “In This Song” by Charice

• truepinoy63 says:
      This is one of the reasons why I don’t watch AI anymore. In This Song is a very hard piece to sing for people who can sing but c’mon, that was awful. It wasn’t even funny like that asian guy who sang a Ricky Martin song years back. She needs to stay in school and be a nurse or something bcoz she can’t sing. That was even worst than some of the guys that frequent the karaoke bar I go to. Don’t they screen these people, that was just a waste of airtime I think….LOL!

• auau says:
        It’s great for me to know that you go to karaoke; me too go to watering holes that have karaoke with some of my friends, and recently to some venues with live bands at open mic nights. That’s a great idea, I wonder if Chasters parties do already include karaokes as part of entertainment, because that would be so much fun to try singing from Charice albums.

• truepinoy63 says:
          Yes, I think Chasters do have karaoke everytime they gather. Filipinos you see, we love to sing. Good or bad, doesn’t really matter as long as you’re having fun. I love to sing with live bands too. Once I had the priviledge of singing with Eddie Katindig, of course I did the vocals and he on his saxophone. Without rehearsing, we jammed to the music of Michael Franks “Lady Wants To Know”. It was a great experience I must add. People dancing while I was singing, some people actually thought I was a member of the band…lol, that was a hoot.

• Auau says:
            Can I call you a party animal? I’m saying that as a compliment; I think it’s good there are many different Chasters, and some are lively and entertaining as you are. You are not doing anything wrong, and life is too short, so more power to you!

• AJL says:
      I was so excited to hear the song of Charice being played at American Idol last night, Jan 18 2012. I hope Charice will be a guest singer at American Idol someday. I hope soon! Charice all the way!

13. Ham says:
    charice…there is something majestic, magnificent and magical in that name…soon to be great and a legend in the musical world!!!

14. justjames says:
    Great article for great artist.

15. chengna2010 says:
    great piece for a great artist: CHARICE!!!

16. hermiemel says:
    Out of these natural chaos of 2011 – through all the droughts, wildfires, tsunamis, floods, earthquakes, big storms and other natural disaster of nature – the one constant force of nature, with her beautiful voice who brings beauty and harmony to the world is Charice.

17. lyn montero says:
    hello Chasters…love u CHARICE….

18. jimfan155 says:
    Put all 20 in their own private rooms with their names on the door and there is only one I want to see. Charice. Case closed.

19. maria says:
    Happy to hear this!!! but one thing makes me having goozebumps! is this coming asian concert of our one and only idol Charice,ill be there to see her LIVE!!!!! my very first first time to watch,so pls all Chaster all over asia come watch! lets make this for us to enjoy!!!!

20. Chartista says:
    I just love the optimism here in Charicemania… I can smell it..
    the sweet success, the money, the glamour, and hopefully (cross fingers) some awards!…
    by the way..any packaging ideas for Charice so she can truly break the American Music Industry?… kinda fortunate if she’ll just live up to the term “One Hit Wonder”… peace!

21. julio says:
    After bagging J-14 Hottest girl, our Charice has done it again…18th of the 20th greatest singer of today, having written featured at music.AOL.com..Charice is really on her way to greatness!

22. lvacoustic says:
    any chasters from korea? I need some help to buy charice concert ticket on march 21 2012.here is my email address.somwrovrdrenvwbludnube@yahoo.com.please leave a message if you are interested in helping me.

23. khatman says:
    Now that differences with her father’s siblings are settled perhaps Charice will be allowed to use her father’s surname if she so chooses. IE “Charice” as her stage name and “Charice Pempengco” for anything else.

One thing is for sure – the name “Charice” is unique in the entertainment world as is Charice herself – One in a Billion.

• auau says:
      I’m wondering if her brother Carl can sing as well; perhaps he can have a career using that last name. In the pictures he looks more and more like a bodyguard. Is that how he keeps himself busy?

• auau says:
        And oh, by the way, I like Charice to keep using the first name only because it’s nice sounding, like it’s perfect and complete by itself, and it truly matches her personality. There are still a few first names out there that are also good like Adele, Beyonce and Rihanna; I think the public will get tired of them as they are multiplying and become dime a dozen, and the trend will go back to unusual two names like, Fledemora Flankstuff, or Katkat Balungos. Charice is the last one of the only-first-names I’ll really like because it reminds me of the outrageous superstar Cher, who was the original instigator of only-first-names and bodily tattoos in the ’80s. After Charice I don’t think any other one-names will get my attention, but also as they say, never say never.

24. Saudi Arabia says:
    she will compare to celine, mariah, whitney, beyonce and madonna but only one name you will see,,,, CHARICE…….

25. orolph says:
    why a i not surprised? our charice has already carved her name in the music world and among the music greats. way to go, girl!

26. Prinsesa Serena says:
    Uhmmm…4th? LOL!

27. idolming says:
    Whatever I do love Charice so much!

28. levi says: