Categorized | Editorial, News, Philippines

Condolence Message to Charice & Family

Condolence Message to Charice & Family

MANILA – Charicemania and the whole family of Chasters worldwide offer our deepest condolences to Mommy Raquel and to Charice and her brother, Carl Ceiven, for the loss of their father, Ricky Pempengco. We regret to hear the sad news of his untimely passing at the age of 40 years old.

Several Philippine news sources have reported the death which occurred Monday evening in Charice’s home town of San Pedro, Laguna, south of Manila. There have also been reports in American news as well – cbsnews.com and newsday.com – and other media around the world as the AP news release spreads under various headlines reading ” ‘Glee’ singer Charice’s dad killed in Philippines.”

Charice tweeted that she would be unable to appear with David Foster & Friends in the Singapore leg of the concert tour, November 3rd, due to her swift return home.

Twitter.com/OfficialCharice
“I am very sorry to all my fans from Singapore. I am not going to be there to be part of David Foster and Friends concert. I have to go back to the Philippines as soon as possible to be with my family. I hope you all understand. I love you all and I will see you next year.”

Charice also released the following statement on her official blog via her official website:

“I want to thank my fans from around the world for their support and love at this very difficult time for my family and I. We are all very sad about this terrible tragedy.”

Chasters everywhere offer their full support, love, prayers, and comfort to Charice & family during this time of bereavement. We would like to encourage Chasters to practice sensitivity and forgiveness and dignity as Charice has shown.

Let us all respect Charice’s privacy and may her father rest in peace.

Video uploaded by Defactoist

by Eve, Charicemania.com

Note: Just a reminder, inappropriate comments will be immediately deleted. Thank you.-Schoen

367 Responses to “Condolence Message to Charice & Family”

1. Jing says:
    Charice did not only lost his father once but twice … She is not just grieving of his passing but the lost chance of meeting him once more and personally talking to him abt everything just made it more difficult… Take comfort in prayers and the support of all who love you.. God bless Charice & take care of yourself!!!

• hermiemel says:
      Jing,
      Hard to find meaning on why this thing happened to Charice and her Dad. Ricky is now in a “better” place. Charice mourns and grieves because her Dad was stolen from her in such a “violent” way. All I can say is “time heals”. May she find strenght and courage from her daily activities and cure her heart from all the bad experiences from this episode of her life.

• khatman says:

There is a two-page article in the January 2012 edition of J-14 magazine that covers the loss of Charice’s father. It’s titled “The Saddest Day of Charice’s Life”.

2. trishahae says:
    Charice, I miss you very much and I hope you’re coping up well. I miss looking at your most recent youtube videos but I know that you’re taking a break. I know it’ll very painful in the coming days. They say loneliness sets in long after the burial had ended. Please be strong and always pray. God bless you and your family

3. edna says:
    I agree to Gina,there are things not to say that much.Limit your comments about your family ,your own family some not great and some are good,set boundaries if you can.Your dad as some say was happy go lucky but his own family responsiblity was overlooked.We do understand how you feel about him now he died,it’s not your fault.Parental responsibility plays a big role in reaching out for their kids but try to keep something good memory in your heart don’t try say more about who he is being good while you were struggling with you life.He made mistakes and he has his responsibity as a father that his sisters tried to cover them.
    \\

4. Lyna says:
    Charice, may your father rest in peace.

5. cora says:
    My deepest condolences to you Charice and your family.So sorry for a terrible loss.God will take care of your dad as he is now resting in peace.

6. cora says:

7. gina says:
    Charice still in grief for her to accept the way things are.PLs come back in USA soon.Court procedings are somewhat ? in PI.Start to focus yourslef in a few days ,it’s hard but you’ll get over it.Your dad knows you love him but you can’t be always there in court you’ll never know the outcome,no more pains just prepare yourself whatever the result is.Don’t expect too high the more you feel the pain if doesn’t turn out the way it should be.I”m a big fan but stop saying word that your dad is a good man cuz you were not there that time,it’s just family info.There are some words you need to be careful to say specially with credibility

8. LuckyRain0rig says:
    Charice, please know that we are with you…Our love and prayers to you, to your mom and Carl.

9. peakarach says:
    Charice, may your dad rest in peace!

10. Lorena says:
    Just watching all of Charice’s performances… she sings with so much passion and emotion… what more when she comes back!!! watch out!!!

• misua says:
      Yes…this part of her life is another tool that will give her more power to bring out the best when she sings, specially the ballad songs.

11. hermiemel says:
    we love you Charice. Cherish each day as a new beginning. Ricky is gone forever and brought closure to this sad episode of your life. Time heals and his happy memories will be with you forever. You are a brave girl like your Dad said. Use your courage to find strength. I know that your Dad will always be a part of you forever. As you move forward, remember that your Mom, Brother, family, friends and millions of your fans are always on your side. We love you Charice.

12. nila says:
    We have been a faithful fan of charice. She has been an inspiration to us. Our day pretty much starts and ends visiting charicemania for her daily activities. She has touch our heart not just by her talent but by who she is. She has been a shining example in everything.
    To charice and her family..know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. May you find comfort in knowing that families can be forever and are eternal. Know that through the attaining sacrifice of our Savior we will see our love ones again in the next life.