Charice’s second album, “Infinity”, is doing great in Japan. Just less than a day after its release, Infinity is now number one in the iTunes Pop Album chart and number four on the overall album chart. The album launch concert might have really helped, right?
In Japan’s main music chart, Oricon, Infinity is a new entry at no. 10. Hopefully, sales will continue to rise and earn Charice another gold award, just like with her debut album.
- Album sales could rise more in the following days as Charice continues her promotional activities in Japan. Tomorrow, October 7, she will be doing an interview in the iconic Tokyo Tower (see this post for more details).
- On the 8th, Charice is a guest on the radio show Cosmo Pops Best 10. Tune in at 3:00 p.m. to catch her live. This show is also broadcasted live from the Tokyo FM Midtown Studio in Roppongi, so it’s highly possible that you could catch a glimpse of Charice there.
- From Oct. 11-13, Charice will be on JWAVE’s I A.M. radio show (see this post for more details).
- On the 15th and the 22nd, “Music Fair” on Fuji TV will air two different episodes where Charice is a guest at 6:00 p.m. She has already filmed these episodes last October 4, so this guesting is not live. But being featured on this show for two consecutive weekly episodes is such a big deal.
- On Oct. 19 and 20, Charice will be performing live with David Foster and Friends at the Tokyo International Forum Hall A. Even though she might just sing one song from her album during this concert, DFF is still a great venue for Charice to promote herself.
- We have no exact date yet for the release of the Japan version of the “One Day” music video, but most likely it will be this October. The schedule released by Warner Music Japan and Acuvue for the dance contest winners reveals that the shoot for the MV will be sometime on October 6-8, 2011. So it’s possible for the video to be released within a week or two.
Charice’s tie-in with Acuvue is really a great way to give more exposure to her new album, as it allows her to do events like the album launch concert in Shinjuku, an amateur dance contest/audition, and the new “One Day” music video. Below are photos of the recently concluded “One Day” Dance Contest:
Check back here again for more details on the new “One Day” MV Japan version.
By Sofia Carrera, Charicemania.com