Charice’s album launch yesterday in Tokyo was an event of many firsts for her. It was the first ever concert where every song she sang was from the album, “Infinity”. It was also the first time she performed with the Acuvue Dance Contest winners. And of course, it was at that event where the public first heard Charice singing “New World” live:

It’s been three weeks since the announcement that Charice will be singing the Final Fantasy XIII-2 theme song has been made. There was a lot of buzz from the gaming and music communities about this collaboration between an amazing singer and a legendary game franchise.

Charice follows in the footsteps of Leona Lewis who also lent her voice and song, “My Hands” for Final Fantasy XIII. Both of these artists also released the Final Fantasy theme song as part of their own albums. “New World” by Charice is the second track on her newly-released “Infinity” Japan album.

Watch the Final Fantasy XIII-2 trailer below, which features Charice’s “New World” in the background:

The J-pop/RnB market is really hard to conquer as Japan has a very strong local music scene that’s bursting with talented artists. But Charice has made great progress in capturing the Japanese market. She’s making even more headway by teaming up with Japanese songwriters and producers, and for “New World”, it’s Koichi Tabo of famous J-pop group Superfly.

For Chaster gamers out there, the Final Fantasy XIII-2 game will be released on December 12, 2011, and Charice’s song will be included in all the U.S./Canada, Europe copies of the game, and in the Xbox 360 copies for Japan and Asia. For those in Japan and Asia who owns a Playstation 3, your game copy will include the Japanese song version by Mai Fukui.

Watch Charice and Mai Fukui’s interview below:

But if it’s just the song that you want, “New World” has already been released as a single and ringtone in Japan since late September. You can also listen to “New World” on “Inifinity” album, which you can purchase here.

Photos:

ff Charice Sings Final Fantasy Theme Song New World Live for the 1st Time in Tokyo

By Sofia Carrera, Charicemania.com

27 Responses to “Charice Sings Final Fantasy Theme Song “New World” Live for the 1st Time in Tokyo”

1. buena14 says:

I’m pretty sure it would be a too ambitious wish for me to expect Charice to perform here in New Zealand, prior to Australia so I would just be contented to fly across the ditch and watch Charice when her managent finally hears the increasingly louder clamor for her to grace us down under with her magnificent voice. So reserve a sit for me otosmas9 and ping:)) beside you at the front row.

2. ping says:

i wish Charice one day will do a concert here in Australia

3. otosmas9 says:
    …NOT JUST LOVING ALL THE SONGS IN THE ALBUM, BUT “THE WAY” YOU SING IS BEYOND ANYONE’S COMPREHENSION OF HOW YOU INTERPRETE THE SONGS.
    I CAN’T STOP LISTENING TO YOUR EXTRA ORDINARY VOICE(THANKS TO U-TUBE).
    GOD BLESS YOU CHARICE AND WISH YOU ALL THE BEST IN THE FUTURE.
    STAY HEALTHY THOUGH, TAKE CARE ALWAYS AND PLEASE DON’T CHANGE.
    P.S. SINCERE THANKS TO ALL OF JAPAN, HER PEOPLE AND THE FANS WHO (INSPITE OF THE CALAMITY THEY HAVE GONE THROUGH) UNWAVERINGLY SUPPORT YOU AND YOUR ONCE-IN-A-LIFE-TIME SINGING TALENT. ARIGATO GUZAIMAS TA!
    AGAIN, I MAY SAY WE FIL-AUSTRALIANS ARE PATIENTLY WAITING FOR YOU TO
    PERFORM IN SYDNEY.I’LL SEE TO IT THAT BE WATCHING ON THE FRONT SEAT.

4. anniefound says:
    Hey you guys, have you listened to Charice’s interview in Japan? When Josh Groban was there, he was asked about Charice and he told them that “Charice has the most beautiful voice I ever heard.” this should put a stop to all bickerings and negative comments about our Charice.

5. peakarach says:
    New World cover should have been Japan album cover.

6. Minda Lino says:
    Beautiful songs. The sound/audio is good.

7. juerry says:
    Someone pretending charice fan but they are’nt, the entered this site just to give nega comments, be ashame on yourslf MORON and LOOsers,,,,, go to website on ur local idols and write a hundreds of comments, or else go to hell,, hahahaha… you can’t stop her she will be shine foreveer,,,,,getsssss,,,,

• Leo says:
      I do love Charice!

• Leo says:
        Those people who always give negative comments to Charice are hopeless and I believe Charice is more better than those famous singers. Charice will be famous very soon around the world and I cant wait it to happen!

I just hope that the music of Charice will be played here too in Australia I am waiting for that. I only heard her Pyramid before but all her new songs are not played. PLease Charice if you can read my message, I am your great fan here in Australia and I kept on watching your videos and hopefully I can hear your songs on the FM stations here in Australia soon.

8. RymndCND says:
    Final fantasy is one of my favorite in the album, keeps playing in my head, and I’m a 39 year old dad. My 2 girls love it too! I Hope this album will make it really big not only in Japan but also in the US and the world. More success Charice!

9. joy@academy says:
    wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

10. FOOTBALLFAN says:
    NEW WORLD and FAR AS THE SKY are awesome songs!! Go see your Ear Doctors, you MORONS.

11. erring early says:
    all these many new charice happenings makes it worth the waiting, waiting and waiting these past few months :)

12. Jojo says:
    Chafan is a known crab. A fan of one of the local talents in PI. This moron should be deleted.

13. DARWN F SUYAT says:

14. heuge says:
    its another perfect performance BRAVOSIMO Charice, guys where can i buy the cd on Los Angeles area ?pleaseeeeee.

15. abeng1127 says:
    she can sing all songs .. rnb pop ballad and big songs hit right notes … love u guys

16. Chafan says:

17. cecil says:

• Ella says:
      You have got to be kidding me with your comment!

• luvlhee says:
      ooppsss.. i accidentally clicked on the like button. meant for the dislike. but omg! what a very s#$%^& comment. and don’t use the “i’m a pinay” line if that’s the way you think. it’s so embarrassing.

• stone sings says:
      are you from mars? how can you amplify thick voice in high pitch… have u heard thick voice singing high pitch… plis listen to best artist like kelly clarkson’s high notes, and you’l understand.

• ams says:
      Cecil you need to use other words or term in order for your comment to be reasonable. Mr. David Foster deserve good words or a descent advice if that is what you want for the chasters to know. If you cannot do that then you must leave us alone in chaster’ s territory ok got it? ADIOS! Give him the best credit he deserve to get and not just like that you will treat him like a shit in all what he has done to our charice.

18. cancon says:
    Congratulations Charice on your successful concerts..your songs are all awsome..we’re happy to hear “New World” for the first time live..it’s a nice song & you rendered it so flawlessly..can’t wait to have my Infinity Album…more power!

19. EBJohns11 says:
    My husband loves playing Final Fantasy. I told him to get this one and he said OK! So Cool!!!

20. NYChaster says: