Charice’s Sophomore Album in Japan to be Released October 5, 2011

Charice’s Sophomore Album in Japan to be Released October 5, 2011

This piece of news might surprise a lot of people since most artists based in America release their albums first there, and then when it’s successful, release it in other countries.

But remember that Charice is Asian, so that might have been a big factor in the way that she has become so famous in Japan – so famous that Warner Japan is building on this popularity and releasing her second album just a year after her debut.

sukkiri Charices Sophomore Album in Japan to be Released October 5, 2011

Charice in "Sukkiri!"

A deciding factor in her early Japan release might be the beautiful single, “Far as the Sky”, which is the theme song of the hit Japanese TV drama, “Bull Doctor”. Coupled with the popularity of the drama and Charice, her second album might just beat her debut’s platinum sales record.

The release date of Charice’s sophomore album was announced during her August 9 appearance on NTV’s morning show, “Freshen Up!” or “Sukkiri”. The early Japan release of her album is scheduled on October 5, 2011, though the album is still untitled to this date.  Thee 11-track album is now available for pre-order at a price of ¥1980 (about $26). You can reserve and pay for your copy here.

825 Charices Sophomore Album in Japan to be Released October 5, 2011

The Platinum Debut Album of Charice (Japan Edition)

The tracks included in her second album are:

Far As The Sky
Louder
New World
Before It Explodes
Lost The Best Thing
One Day
Never Always
Bounce Back
Lighthouse
Lesson For Life
Living It Up

Based on this article from HMV.com, this album is a special Japan-only album. If that’s true, then this is not actually the same as Charice’s sophomore album that will be released in early 2012. For sure, the singles that she released like “Louder”, “Lost the Best Thing”, and “Before It Explodes” will still be included in her 2nd US album, but could be accompanied by other songs.

It’s still not clear whether Charice’s sophomore album is already this early Japan edition, but it could be similar, maybe without the “Far as the Sky” song. It’s highly possible that Charice would really release her album first in Asia, as she said in this interview with ology.com:

logo music mid Charices Sophomore Album in Japan to be Released October 5, 2011

- Interview by Sharon Tharp

So what are you working on right now?

Actually it’s my day off right now, but this week I am going to fly to Japan to promote my album. And I am going to be there for a few days, finish my album that is coming out this fall, and then I am going to do an Asian tour.

Great. Do we have a date yet?

We don’t have a date yet, but it is definitely going to be the fall. It is going to come out in Asia first then here.

There’s not much info yet for her U.S. album. Charice has revealed two dates for her album release: Fall 2011 and Early 2012. To avoid major disappointment, just expect the her second album to drop in the first quarter of 2012 – and this is the most believable date since Charice said this in her latest interview at the Teen Choice Awards 2011.

By Sofia Carrera, charicemania.com

Far As The Sky

Louder

New World

Before It Explodes

Lost The Best Thing

One Day

Never Always

Bounce Back

Lighthouse

Lesson For Life

Living It Up

24 Responses to “Charice’s Sophomore Album in Japan to be Released October 5, 2011”

1. mingsfan says:

You can pre-order it from CDJapan (cdjapan.co.jp). Special limited edition is 1,886 Y + 500 Y shipping. If you open an account, you get a 300 Y discount. Total with discount = 2,086 Y ($27.28 at current exchange rate). Your credit card isn’t charged until your order ships; actual cost will be based on exchange rate at that time.

2. 4everChaster says:
    manang babes i can buy a copy for you if you like and i’ll send it directly to your address.I’m living here in japan so it will be easy for me to buy charice’s album all you have to do is send me your address.I’m gonna buy 10 copies of the album but i’ll do it one at a time so that they’ll count it as 10 copies,if i buy 10 copies in one time they’ll count it as 1 copy.100,000 copies of the album equals GOLD RECORD…CHASTERS let us all buy the album of our princess!!!

• Dagul says:
      Hi 4everChaster,Im here in middleast now and i want to buy charice album online but i cannot purchase it through here…i will ask if you could buy me 2 copies and i will transfer the money to you once a got or even now…..please email me back…i really need to buy charice album this time….this is my personal email: redbughz@gmail.com

• 4everChaster says:
        ok Dagul i’ll buy you 2 cd of charice…the album will come out on the 5th of October,so please wait a little…i’ll keep you updated thanks.

• Yobhtron says:

Wow, you are truly a Chaster. Can you give me one copy of the sophomore album too? yobthron@yahoo.com

• 4everChaster says:
        OK just send me your complete address and and i’ll mail it to you as soon as the album comes out..but…wait you have to send me some money to pay for the album i’m not that rich LOL…visit my channel and write down your address and your name or if you want your information to be private send it to my inbox.Thank you

• Yobhtron says:
          @4everChaster Thanks you. I’ve added you on YT so I can send you the info privately.

• 4everChaster says:

Yobhtron I have accepted your invitation to become your friend…thank you.Do you live in the philippines?…If so then I’ll send your cd of Charice together with my door2door cargo.Also,I’ll give one copy to my friend who is also a Chaster…

• estrel2894 says:

4everchaster…i’m i reading your post right that you are sending a charice cd and a door2door? are you for real? if so, you are a truly charice fan with a good heart.

• 4everChaster says:

yes i’ll send cd of charice but not my cargo( it’s for my family in PI), I’ll just include the cd for Yobhtron in the box( if he lives in PI as well) to save mailing fees.Sorry for my incomplete text i was in a hurry.Anyway, I’m not gonna use the 10 cd’s of Charice I’ll give them away…If you live in PI I can give one cd to you…

3. Capofret says:
    for those who want to pre order, you can buy from other sites too:

Amazon Japan: http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-language/product/B005GHZT0S/ref=dp_change_lang?ie=UTF8&language=en_JP

CD Japan (site in english): http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=WPCR-14269

4. Sean says:
    Anyone knows when it will be available in Singapore? Charice mentions Asia first

5. Alex says:
    I think her team are still looking for a top 40 pop single for radio play here in the states before releasing the album here. I just wish it would be sooner.

• NYChaster says:
      Alex. *One Day* is definitely good enough for a single. I hope they play it on the air

• Lexie says:
        I like One Day, but I think it’s owned by Acuvue and not by Warner Music. They can’t use it as a single.

6. manang babes says:
    I want to get a copy of her album but I can’t navigate the Japanese link! Bo-hoooo!!!

• SaTrinomaNagkita says:
      Copy the link provided above then Google the link. Once you see the link in the results, click Google translate. If you use Google Chrome (I don’t have that) as your browser, it will be easier (according to MagnusToday).

Similar to other sites, you have to create an account when placing an order. Ignore the other promotions like points, etc. (it’s easier for me). The site will verify your email address. Once verified, you can continue shopping.

I didn’t complete my order as I’m not sure of the link as I got the link from the comment section of an earlier charicemania article so I was thinking that it was not an official link. My intent back then was to know the total price. The cost, for my location, is $40 (includes shipping, no taxes as my state does not charge sales tax; I don’t know if that price included Japan taxes as it did not mentioned any.). HTH

• 4everChaster says:
        Japanese taxes already included, the total price for the album is 1,980 yen

• SaTrinomaNagkita says:
          Yes, as noted above in the article, that’s the Yen amount you have to pay if you live in Japan. In the US, it would be like double that amount because of *overseas* shipping. I just converted the total Yen amount to US dollars as I live in the US. If it’s made in USA, it wouldn’t be that much. Typically, 10 to 15 dollars like her debut album sold in Target/WalMart. But we love Charice. :-)

• 4everChaster says:
            Yes you’re right we really love Charice…we Chasters don’t care how much the cd will cost all we care is Charice

7. trishahae says:
    Kudos to Charice. I hope the album will also be available in other asian countries as well. I am excited to hear the other songs. I really love one day and louder. I want to thank you Sofia for tirelessly writing about our dear charice. Thanks for your efforts.

8. jimfan155 says:
    Congratulations on you second international album, Charice. May all your hard work and dedication lead you to continued success as you climb your way to the top. Remember, be true to yourself and stay who you are. So far, so good.

9. abeng1127 says:
    am waiting …second album

10. camo says:
    whatever works for charice ,will support and i know her japan album will do well ,more power to you princess ,keep soaring high.rock on kid.