Categorized | Announcements, Glee, Music

Charice Included in the Album “Glee: The Music, Vol.6”

Charice Included in the Album “Glee: The Music, Vol.6”

Mark your calendars Chasters! We will again be hearing Charice’s voice in a new song this May 23, 2011, which is just less than three weeks away. She will be singing “As Long As You’re There” – an original track. This will be included in the album “Glee: The Music, Volume 6”.

Columbia Records sent out a press release on May 3, 2011 about the final Glee album for the second season. Other than “As Long As You’re There”, there will be two other original tracks, “Pretending” and “Light Up the World”. The other 15 tracks on the CD are covers of recent hits and old-time classics. Here’s the complete track list:

1. Turning Tables
  13. My Man
  14. Pure Imagination
  15. Bella Notte
  16. As Long As You’re There
  17. Pretending
  18. Light Up My World

Some of the tracks listed above have already been featured in the past episodes of Glee. We can only speculate if the rest of the songs will be part of the three remaining episodes of Glee’s season two. If that will be the case, then it’s possible that “As Long As You’re There” will be one of Charice’s songs in the Nationals competition or the episode before that, “Funeral”.

With Glee always covering songs on the show (except in the episode “Original Song”), being given the new “As Long As You’re There” to sing is a great chance to let Charice’s talent shine on its own and not be compared with other versions of a song.

Charice’s previous Glee songs were all covers, and they were all highly praised and all charted very well. Her Glee version of Beyonce’s “Listen” even debuted much higher than the original in the Billboard Hot 100. Her latest song, “All By Myself”, was praised by the original artist who recorded that song, Eric Carmen. He said, “Charice, tonight’s show. ABM. She kills it.” Though Charice has a positive history with song covers, there is definitely some otherworldly thrill if she’s singing a song that will be heard for the first time ever.

Previous Glee albums have been chart toppers: every single one of the ten albums entered the top 10 of the Billboard 200 Album Chart. Four of these are certified platinum, while three were consecutive number 1’s on the chart. Glee’s latest album, “Glee: The Music Presents The Warblers”, is currently number two on the Billboard 200 chart.

“Glee: The Music, Volume 6” will be available on iTunes and Amazon on May 23, 2011, the day before “Nationals”, the Glee season two finale, airs.

By Sofia Carrera, charicemania.com

20 Responses to “Charice Included in the Album “Glee: The Music, Vol.6””

1. Lenny says:

Charice’s song is now Amazon’s top 5 in Movers and Shakers Category

2. eve says:

For a limited time only, you can listen to the complete album for “Glee The Music, Volume 6″ at AOL’s Music blog. It’s one of the featured albums in their FULL CD Listening Party which includes Charice’s song at Track 16 “As Long As You’re There.”

3. Chasterlei says:
    I thought I could wait, but I couldn’t resist! I have listened to Charice’s song twice, and I’m just getting started! Charice just made my day! I’m loving it! I’m loving Charice more and more!!!

• Chasterlei says:

Charice’s ‘As Long As You’re There’ is now my first and last song of the day, my waking morning song and lullaby!
      ‘As long as you’re there,’ Charice, singing, that’s what matters! Thanks for being such an inspiration!

4. Ruhla says:
    Let’s make “As long as You’re There” No. 1 on itunes!! If this song makes a big impact, Im sure Ryan will ask Charice again for Season 3. LOVE the song btw.

5. fanOcharice says:
    Just heard “As Long as You’re There”. I LOVE IT! Great ORIGINAL SONG for a great singer.

What is it about her voice that really gets to me? The moment I hear it … I mean there have been other great singers but no one has affected me with their singing like Charice. I can’t put it into words.

6. markgelo says:

Pre Order GLEE The Music, Vol. 6. Fun doesn’t end because the show is over! Gleek out to hits like ♫Born This W http://lx.im/1co7h

7. Ruhla says:
    Ryan Murphy said doing original songs “… really move the story along.” I wonder what the title “As long as you’re there” means on Sunshine’s storyline. Any guesses?

8. POPseeker says:
    …she deserves to be included in this album…thanks GLEE!!! :)

9. Flshstar says:

“As long as you are there”- by Carolyn Franklin 1973 her version. Its not a Glee original.

• eve says:
      I’ll make a bet that it’s an original song that just has the same title as Carolyn Franklin’s song, just like Bruno Mars ‘Just The Way You Are’ is a Billy Joel song title as well. I think Glee knows the difference between saying the song is an Original or a Remake. You can’t fool people with that sort of thing.

10. Zamesher says:
    I BELIEVE Charice will be back again in season 3. She will be a key Character to make new directions win the nationals.

I dont know but I have a feeling that ND will not win the nationals again this season.

11. anromable says:
    Why is it that LISTEN and ALL BY MYSELF is not included on the said Album? These two songs will add more spices for the album to be No.1

12. sharisufan says:
    charice is flooding us with singles other than those that will be included in her sophomore album….I LUV IT!!

13. Farah says:
    That’s nice to know. Bet you, Charice will give a soulful rendition.

14. Ben says:

My guess (or hope) is that she will be back in Season 3 with some of the original cast. I would like to see all cast who can really sing (priority) and then can act…Pia Toscano and Nick Jonas as the new Glee couple to replace Rachel and Finn… maybe add all JOnas brothers..that’ll be great…but i dont know if Pia can be equally good as an actress like Lea Michelle. maybe…. maybe add Greyson Chance and some winners of Acuvue MTV… well, anything is possible… but Charice has to stay to provide continuity to the plot for next season.. after all she brings fans (and cash) to Glee.

15. Marie says:
    I can see a beautiful sunshine will shine & a bright star will sparkling on May 23, 2011. On this day, internet will be on traffic mode!

Meanwhile, A few more days and the world of sports & music will witness a super mega entertainment…just think of the emotions…

Watch out for the critics words: Count how many “Amazing” words will be said & written. Charice, God bless you more & more darling because you are a blessings to all of us. Cheers

16. Gleek101 says:
    Yey! First to comment. :) i heard that charice’s role on the last episode will be really a big twist. Does this mean she will be back in season3? What you guys think? :)

• Chasterlei says:

I hope she’ll be back, but it breaks my heart when I expect or hear rumors about her next appearance on Glee or anywhere, but she’s not there. But as I’ve said, ‘as long as you’re there,’ Charice, I feel blessed by any of your appearance–singing, dancing, acting, all the good things you do. Just knowing an amazing talent such as Charice exists, spreading goosebumps, leaving people in awe and feeling inspired, who are we to demand more of her. She has our respect, admiration, and love!