Categorized | Announcements, Glee

Charice Reveals What Song She Wants to Sing on Glee!

Charice Reveals What Song She Wants to Sing on Glee!

Last week Charice answered your fan questions, but since we’re self-proclaimed Chasters too, we had some questions of our own. When is Charice’s new album coming out? And what song would she like to sing when she returns on Glee? Charice answered all that and then some.

Read on to watch the vid! @ >> Teen.com

Charice Reveals What Song She Wants to Sing on Glee! (Exclusive Video)

Teen.com Charice Glee1 Charice Reveals What Song She Wants to Sing on Glee!

What song would you like to hear Charice sing on Glee? Tell >> Teen.com!

15 Responses to “Charice Reveals What Song She Wants to Sing on Glee!”

1. Fantastic beat ! I would like to apprentice whilst
    you amend your site, how could i subscribe for a weblog web site?
    The account aided me a appropriate deal. I were tiny bit
    familiar of this your broadcast offered brilliant transparent
    idea

2. julian says:

Fellow Chasters, lets vote for Thia Megia in this poll

3. Thomas Norman says:
    MISSING SUNSHINE (by Thomas Nomran for Chasters)

Ain’t NO SUNSHINE when Charice’s gone
    Ain’t NO GLEE when Corazon’s away
    It’s been long
    My heart yearns
    And bleeds
    And cries
    Coz I miss Charice
    Too much, I need hear you
    And see you babe
    To get the sunshine
    back into my soul
    Ain’t NO GLEEFUL since she’s gone
    Ain’t NO same
    A’int NO RIGHT
    Till I hear and see
    My Sunshine Corazon
    Put a Halo
    Over my head
    And the sunshine
    Will wake-up my sullen heart
    When I hear my Sunshine
    Phone me back

CHORUS

Ain’t NO SUNSHINE when Charice’ been gone.
    Ain’t NO GLEEFUL, it’s been long
    Ain’t NO RIGHT, and Ain’t NO same
    Till I see Sushine back
    And my heart can listen once again
    COZ missing sunshine’s tearing me up
    Miss you girl
    Miss you Charice
    Please telephone my tube
    Before I lose my mind away

• Thomas Norman says:
      I tweeted snippets of “MISSING CHARICE” to R Murphy, A Anders, Oprah, D Foster, Marc Johnston, @OfficialCharice, Warner, ET-Toronto, Seacrest, radio stations, industry supporters of Charice, and about 200 chasters last night Eastern Time. I’ll Tweet more later tonight.

Find my tweet @ ThomNorman

I hope Ryan and Glee’s producers get the words loud and clear. I was amazed by the number of Asian (non Filipinos) fans Charice has. Similarly her followers come from the US, Europe, South America and the rest of the continents. Most surprisingly are the wide demographics Charice have. She should be doing separate albums with pop/RNB and ballad songs.

Suggestions:

1) She needs to improve on how she manages the stage in between songs. I noticed that she’s still a bit uncomfortable, but it will improve over time. I know that other than having a musical director at your last concert, you have a script writer and choreographer. I love the way the songs were arranged. The transitioning was so smooth. When you sang, I Love You and then blended it with another, and ended it back to I love You- WOW. You sang it differently- so soft like a breeze of fresh air. It’s the best “I Love You,” rendition so far in my opinion.

2) Many have noted that the HAT must go She has a beautiful and nice, long hair. Her fans prefer highlighting her Asian look. She’s amazingly pretty wearing dresses & heels, and the Japanese makeup donned during her first visit to Japan.

3) This is only my opinion, I don’t think it undermines your beautiful face when you have your hair tied in the back or held up in a bun. I’d say no to the braid in Singapore.

You have a round face, and though there is nothing wrong about that, but the entertainment industry is so critical, competitive, and harsh. You must always be in your perfectly defined style, and packaging. Reinventing is a key component in a performer’s career, but caution must be taken before espousing a new direction. You are not just selling your incredible voice and songs. You are marketing everything about Charice. Lady Gaga, Madonna, and Michael Jackson carry their own brands that surprise the world. They are the ones who never fade away. Costumes and makeup- looks are very important because you are now a US & international star.

Again, put those hats in the closet and have your hair down. A lot of Asians are following you because they see themselves in your image. My best suggestion would be for Charice to promote Asian influenced dresses of Asian designers (modified to bring a chic and modern flair).

You got to get off the plane (every time you travel) with a bombshell look- nothing sexual and morbid but enough to set your two feet on the same platform of the Beatles, MJ, Lady Gaga, Madonna- and look at JBieber’s look. He has merchandised that hairstyle.

The LARGE PAIR OF EYES GLASSES is your merchandise. If I were David Foster, Ryan Murphy or you I’d be merchandising CHARICE GLEE EYEWEAR. Set the trend. Push it. Sell it. I’d probability invest on manufacturing Charice Eye Wears. OK, that’s my idea Charice. I just need your green light. I got the money to start producing them. I’d need designs and colors that you like and will wear.

4) Maybe when you return to Japan, wear Japanese inspired dresses. Like a miniskirt kimono, but no hat please- or wear kimono baggy pants and some touches of geisha makeup (light with emphasis on eye edges and lips). Sing Crescent Moon in Japanese. You learned Adagio, so I heard in a day or two. You will bring down the house and make tsunami wave like news all over Japan. I saw you singing a French song in YouTube. It’s always good to learn the basic phrases, customs, and culture of the countries you are invited to perform. Better yet, infuse a phrases of the language of the country you are performing a concert (best is rendering a song).

In Japan, taking a bow is a sign of respect. Just as in Thailand and Cambodia, they have gestures of showing respect. You need to remember to do those gestures CORRECTLY and be mindful of making an impression of mockery. You have a great life narrative that invokes humility and respect. That narrative and your powerful voice have attracted Oprah, David Foster and others to endearingly support you.

Remember the paparazzi are now your unsuspecting guests. You need them. It’s important that you’re best package (including demeanor) is captured all the time. Later, you may find them extremely intrusive. Make them your best friends.

6) Your English fluency has improved. I hope you a private tutor to improving your English communication skills and accent- There were occasions that you’ve been pronouncing F as P, V as B and TH as D. I watched all episodes of 30 days with Charice, and I am impressed with your speaking skills. I did not hear so much of the “YOU KNOW,” which has been your favorite transition phrase in any interview. You use amazing excessively. You can say outstanding, impressive, exemplary, superb, impeccable, etc.

But as I said, you have gone a long way up from the first time I saw you on the Ellen Show to what have become now.

As with ABS and GMA, try to stay away from their politics. Let Marc Johnson deal with those problems and advise your mom to confer with your manager and David Foster before reacting The Philippines is a big market, and you have strong following. The bickering between these networks has existed even before you were borne. You have to be nice and fair to these both giant TV stations.

• champ1990 says:
        @thomas! your ways of presenting the positive criticism are impressive. as a Chaster, I didn’t get offended. you were right. from time to time we needed something that will remind us to improve and be better, and what you’ve just illustrated are somehow true. i don’t want to change Charice, i luv her. but i want her to grow and be the best that she can be. and i think to achieve that, is to listen to people who love her, who care for her and who support her. in anything that we do, not only for Charice and Chasters, we will always find a lot of room to improve on. never stop on reinventing oneself cause that’s what’s gonna make life more colorful, much meaningful and way far ahead than the rest. i luv Charice and will support her all the way! i’m proud of her achievements but i’m much prouder on how she remains jolly, humble, and loving person that she still is. labyo labyo! woot woot! way to go Charice!

• Thomas Norman says:
          Hey Champ1990

You made me feel better. I was so enthused composing the Sunshine Back to Glee Campaign Lyrics “Missing you,” and the following long message. I got so carried away & hit send without proofreading them. I have nearly forgotten about these postings. As I was doing my usual daily ritual surfing the web for any updates about Charice, I recalled these postings. I read them over. OMG- I was flabbergasted. My writing was flawed with grammar and punctuation errors, missing and incorrectly spelled word(s) that put the idea out of context. I noticed a sentence or two that did not make sense at all. I truly hated my rushing to share these ideas, and I’m guilt-stricken. I feel like I have turned into an overzealous fan from the time I first saw her on the tube. She put Ellen and many of us in absolute amazement. I quipped, “Uniquely exquisite.” It was spellbinding. This girl can sing. I agree with Ellen exclaiming that she could smell a star in Charice, and that she and the audience have just witnessed the beginning of a long and succesful career of a future diva. Ellen asked her questions, and she responded candidly and without pretext of being conceited. I heard people complaining about her spoken English mired by lack of proficiency. But holy cow, Ellen did not invite her to deliver a speech. As I learned more about Charice, the more I wanted her to succeed. Charice struggled during her pre-Ellen DeGeneres life. She eagerly helped her mother to subsist day-to-day using and honing her singing skills from one competition to another. The gaps in educational equity in the Philippines are defined in various levels of economic classes. The wealthiest 5% who controls 80& of the country’s GDP; mid-level 10% group of politicians, doctors, senior corporate officers, and engineers; low middle income 15% group of teachers, skilled craftsman, nurses, and retail and office emmployees; and the lowest 60% of the population making the most $2 a day. Charice had been in the lowest 60% group for nearly 16 years. Her struggles to the rites of passage were great learning experiences that had put maturity in life at such a young age. I didn’t find her limited proficiency when interviewed by Ellen as an obstacle to achieving her dreams. It didn’t bother me. The girl sang both songs impeccably, and you’d hardly notice a foreign accent. Those life’s struggles enamored her to be more capable of adapting in future various and more demanding scenarios. She has the innate qualities of an immensely gifted learner. Above all, Charice remains humble and generous. I feel ecstatic whenever she shows the giggly and innocent girl, who gets easily excited with bears and dolls. Things she never enjoyed as a little girl. ABS didn’t see a potential international phenonemon neither a local star in her. I felt empathy when Charice confided at the Oprah Show what many of her critics said, I’m not good enough as a singer and didn’t have the looks to do well in the enterntainment industry.” (A little bit rephrased quote) Too bad, Charice has gone a long way, and her global success continues to soar. She’s smart and empowered by her perseverance, hard work, creativity, discipline, passion in music; and foremost is her commitment to achieve her dreams. Indeed I was right. We all followed this young girl blossomed into a young woman. Her language facility, stage presence and personality have improved. Learning only stops when you’re gone. Charice knows that. I feel like my admiration has transformed me into a maniacal Charice fan and a very protective supporter. I guess I would not be spending time writing and surfing to find new stories and videos about anything CHARICE if I am not a rabid fanatic. Hey Chaster friend, Champ1990, wherever you are… thank you man. I still feel guilty, but your message made me feel better. Thomas Norman @ThomNorman212 (P.S. Ryan Murphy sent me a personal message as regards my tweet, “Missing You.”)

• Joseph Bern says:

@thomas @champ1990 It was inspiring to read thomas’s msg and champ1990′s response. Chasters should support each other as much as they support Charice. Champ and Thomas hit the right notes. We don’t want to change Charice, but as we all know it, “Change is the only thing in the world that is permanent.” Charice now understands the complex realities in the American music entertainment industry. She must always be 10 steps ahead of the game. As David Foster advised her, she should aim for the best and not just for the good neither better. Criticisms are not only meant to besmirch another’s character. As Champ clearly laid out, we need to be reminded that our endearment for Charice requires sharing our observations and ideas to help Charice improve and be the best she can be. It is our dream, as well as Charice’s, to see her achieve the status of MJ, Madonna, Beatles, Presley and Celine. She has already broken the barrier that has blocked many Asians who had attempted to become a household name in the US and in the world (as a singer/performer). As both Champ 1990 and Thomas cited, Charice needs to continue learning from her experiences, observations, adoring fans, most vile critics, family, DF, Oprah, manager, industry supporters, other performers and readings. Learning is fundamental to prepare you for unknown events that may come to obstruct your journey and possibly reverse the course of fortune. Charice’s collaborations with other performers and composers are perfect examples. Her traveling experiences, radio interviews, television appearances, concerts, involvement in charitable events and hanging out with new acquaintances are informative ways of learning. Now, I see why she’s been singing covers of other singers’ popular songs. The fact that she has not been seen with her mother in recent performances is preparing her to trust herself in making decisions. The brouhaha busted by some in the Philippine media made her understand the importance of protocols in the US entertainment industry. That teaches her discipline, respect for her manager and producer, and not to be emotional and react quickly. Wait how your fans will take the accusation of your being a level-headed. Give it time for you to reflect. Listen to your fans, manager, DF, Oprah and other closest supporters for advice. Then, draft your plan of action and deliver it. I believe that the ET industry in the Philippines is savaged by extreme politicking. Thomas is correct that your mother should not be quick to respond. Thomas wrote that Charice should be mindful of her Asian roots. I agree with him. He added that her growing Asian followers see them in her image. It would be wise for her to say that she’s a proud Asian the same way that she’s proud of being a Filipino. She needs to recalibrate herself, as Charice has become an international powerhouse of Asian origin. There may be some detractors, which are the usual roaches, but Filipino Chasters won’t mind. Chasters have now become global. Luv the idea that you should take some time researching about the country’s you’ve been invited to perform. And yeah, sing Crescent Moon in Japanese next time you visit Japan. I believe Thomas meant that you should be mindful not to offend another country’s culture, which I had done when dining at a Thai restaurant in Miami. I made fun of Queen Sirikit, and the server politely explained that their Queen is an iconic symbol in her country. The server added that he find my comic rude and offensive. I apologized and learned from that embarrassing experience.

• Mooffin says:

with all due respect, i don’t agree with her wearing a “miniskirt kimono” or having “geisha make-up” on. her target market here in japan is the youth – and for young japanese, it is just uncool to have these on. it’s like going to the philippines and trying to win the filipino youth by wearing baro’t saya-inspired dresses with your hair in a bun. the youth here don’t dress that way, but they do wear hats – which is why she is often in a hat when she is here. it is not a matter of hiding her eyes or it looks nice – her stylists have her wear hats because it is considered cool.

it may even be considered a form of mockery if she wears kimono-inspired clothes or geisha make-up – these are very much part of japanese culture and to treat them so casually may invite scorn from older japanese and laughter from younger japanese.

4. carmen says:
    charice is a teenager enjoying her life as well as her recent sucesses. singing covers for other artists goes to show how talented she is and is expressing her appreciation of the music of her age and upper age as well as her own songs. being a typical teen she is privileged to be able to sing the songs of her faves or the songs she likes and sing them better or her own. i find it strange for some people who complain why she sings covers of other artists? don’t you see she is still in her teens? i bet she will outgrow this in due time!

• johnw says:
      Charice does sing her own songs as evidenced by her just completed Japan solo tour in which of the 26 songs she sung, 9 were from her album which contained all original songs. Her second album containing original songs is due out this year so we can expect fewer cover songs in future concerts and more of her own songs.

5. johnw says:
    Charice makes for a better ‘boy’ than Beyonce because of her deeper voice, her greater dynamic range, and her ability to growl.

6. POPseeker says:
    I really have a strong feeling that she’ll gonna make it…finally, Asia revealed its SUPERSTAR….! a gift to the world :)

7. dex says:
    “God’s blessings may come as a surprise but how much you receive depends on how much you heart believes.”

I wish you all the best, Charice. I admire you just the way you are. c”,)

8. tito_ngel says:
    Yeah I’m First! At the top Charice. Congrats to all your achievement your getting. You deserved it all. Wish you more success in you career and also in your life. Have a great weekend to all and PEACE!