Categorized | Announcements, USA

‘The Hitman Returns’ on PBS Great Performances

‘The Hitman Returns’ on PBS Great Performances

Following the DVD release on March 1 and set to be one of the biggest TV events of this year, TV schedule and airdates are now up for ‘The Hitman Returns: David Foster and Friends’ -the follow-up concert to the star-studded 2008 Hitman: David Foster and Friends which includes Charice’s remarkable performance. ‘The Hitman Returns’ is a PBS Great Performances recorded in October 2010 in Las Vegas at the Mandalay Bay Arena featuring even more chart-topping stars and “Who’s Who” in music.

“We had such a phenomenal time last go round, I knew that I wanted to come back with a stronger, bigger and even more theatrical show that would be totally unforgettable. I think we succeeded in assembling some of the greatest voices out there for one night,” stated Foster. “I was thrilled to be hosting and accompanying my friends on this very special night,” he concluded.

This 1 hour and 58 min. TV special features Charice’s stellar and “blow the roof off” rendition of Celine Dion’s All By Myself and a spectacular Michael Jackson Tribute with Neyo and Robert Randolph. The night also features performances by some of the music legends who has collaborated with David Foster including Chaka Khan, Natalie Cole, Martina McBride, Seal, Donna Summer and Michael Bolton.

Song Rundown (as of press time)

David Foster “Winter Games”
Kenny Loggins “Heart To Heart”
Chaka Khan “Through the Fire”
All-4-One “I Swear”
Natalie Cole / Ruben Studdard “When I Fall In Love”
Jackie Evancho “Pie Jesu”
Jackie Evancho “O Mio Babbino Caro”
Martina McBride “We’ve Got Tonight”
Michael Bolton / Seal Medley “When A Man Loves A Woman / It’s A Man’s World”
Chaka Khan “I’m Every Woman”
Earth Wind & Fire Medley “In The Stone / September / After The Love Has Gone”
Lara Fabian “Caruso”
Ne-Yo “Miss Independent”
Charice “All By Myself”
Ne-Yo, Charice, Robert Randolph “Earth Song”

Lara Fabian / Michael Bolton “The Prayer”
Donna Summer / Seal Medley “Unbreak My Heart / Crazy / On The Radio”
Donna Summer “Last Dance”

thehitmanreturns 541x1024 ‘The Hitman Returns’ on PBS Great Performances

www.kqed.org www.thirteen.org

By AnonymousFanatic, Charicemania.com

40 Responses to “‘The Hitman Returns’ on PBS Great Performances”

1. I am in fact glad to glance at this blog posts which carries
    tons of useful information, thanks for providing such data.

2. wyspa gier says:

Do you have a spam issue on this blog; I also am a blogger, and I was wondering your situation; many of us have developed some nice procedures and we are looking to swap methods
    with other folks, be sure to shoot me an e-mail if interested.

3. There’s many great singers in this show and one song for Charice is enough for me.Like I said she is there @ the Top of the ladder already meaning is being known internationally.There’s only one way if your @ the top and that is to go down.Yet as long as she will do great songs in her career ,something that generations will be humming,singing and etc.later on,I will be glad enough.If in case she will have great hits-one of these days as I believe she will-memorable one to live by then she had live to her dreams and our aspirations will be fulfilled.That’s just to fill my appetite of fulfillment,enjoyment for her success that is limitless as her mentor say.I’m not a laid-back person for I am contented as I am now,yet i’m just happy the way Charice is doing now . Charice is with these great performers,so it feels great to be one of them.Got it? Hmmmm!!!!!

4. TonyVernsky says:
    The month of March, especially March 7 to 17, will be my other special month for the year 2011. Surely, I will not miss the show and I just hope there will be some Chasters at PBS ready to answer calls. I will also buy the CD/DVD when it becomes available. Thanks Charicemania for sharing.

5. mgolaer says:
    I was there! It took a dragging 4 hours PBS taping. It’s a nightmare with so many re-takes. This is not for me to watch in person the next time around. I’ll just wait n see Charice shown on PBS TV.

6. WebScribes says:
    Another super PBS “Great Performances” show. The first DF&F broke records for PBS and I’m sure this will be at the top of their all time best list as well.
    I haven’t found a song list for the Blu-ray disk or the CD so there is still hope that “To Love You More” will be included on them as it was also spectacular; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCyY4wHIUuI
    Charice’s surprise entrance on “Eath Song” will be “the talk” at cocktail parties by PBS members everywhere. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfnELSvzElE
    As great as Charice sounds on Youtube, the sound on this CD and Blu-ray disk will be many times better!
    You can pre-order them now: Amazon, Circuit City, CD Universe, etc
    The 2009 Show is still a top-seller at Amazon. I’m sure this will be also!

7. Kuan says:
    While waiting for Charice 2nd international album release, its great to have this DFF DVD to quench my thirsty. Cant wait ANYMORE~~~~~

8. poorster says:
    I’m happy for Charice to be part of this show that is already predicted to be one of the biggest TV events of the year. This would certainly provide her more exposure in the US. Still, when I saw the long list of performers, I couldn’t help but shrug with a bit of skepticism. Pardon me. It’s just because I noticed that all (excepting Neyo and perhaps one or two others) are “had-been” in the music industry. They are legends, all right, but still no longer are they the toast of the present moment, too. People under 30 know only vaguely about them, or not at all. Not that I’m belittling them, no way, because these people deserve respect and honor, but, fact is, they had their day already…I just wish that sometime in the very near future Charice would also be in a mammoth show which features Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Shakira, Katie Perry, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber, etc. The time when she will make it to be among this company of performers in one single event, then that’s the time she has really arrived. I think you got my point. But it’s just my opinion, really.

• gambit says:
      Ummm, that already happened: Charice performed with some of the current biggest stars including Adam Lambert, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Maroon 5, Flo Rida etc. during the various Jingle Balls last year with Q102 having the most impressive lineup which included Charice.

But only a lineup with LEGENDS can warant a DVD/TV release and to have Charice be part of that as well is golden.

The only problem, which shouldn’t really be a problem, is that she can do EVERYTHING. And when she does something that is not within an age bracket of a certain Chaster, we get whining and complaints =p

Everyone just needs to chillax! If she does something for the more contemporary crowds like she did in this event, just be happy that she’s given the chance. If these contemporary types of events doesn’t suit you, just be patient and I’m sure she’ll be doing another radio tour in the near future with a lineup that suits your taste. =)

9. LAfan says:
    I can’t wait for this PBS special/DVD/CD airing next month. If I recall correctly, the concert started at 7:30pm that Friday night, and didn’t wrap up until past midnight. That’s almost 5 hours of audio/video that they have edited down into this 2 hour final cut. Though all 3 of Charice’s performances would have been ideal, having 2 make the final cut is marvelous considering many of the other artists only have one of their performances on the final edit.

As I previously wrote in the recap of the show, many of the other artists had multiple retakes throughout the night to re-do some of their performances. Charice did NOT have any retakes at all that night, and looking back on it now, I’m actually kind of glad time ran out at the end of the show which prevented Charice from re-doing ABM. Here’s why:

Each time an artist performed a song that night, the initial crowd reaction was very strong after each first go-around. However, when DF wanted the artist to do another take, I noticed that the crowd response/interaction was noticeably MUTED during the 2nd take, and even if the artist had received a standing ovation after the 1st take, the crowd would stay in their seats with polite applause after the 2nd take. This being a simple result of human nature, as it’s harder to maintain the same level of genuine energy from the crowd response after already hearing the same song just a few moments earlier. I’m not sure how that’s going to come across on screen in the final edit.

Regarding ABM, I still CAN’T believe how Charice just absolutely NAILED that final note (like the laserbeam she is), following the dramatic pause/break after the DF ‘mistake’. As I’ve already shared, NO ONE in the audience would have known that DF had made a mistake if he did not say so himself after the song.

After hearing how the song ‘should’ have ended as evident in the ABM performances from the other DFF venues, I am so beyond amazed at how Charice hit that final note in perfect key/pitch, without having the preceding notes guiding her up that crazy vocal ladder to that ridiculous apex.

In fact, I think I even prefer this dramatic ending to the song better than the original version! And as we all saw, the crowd went BALLISTIC after her final note, and the entire arena was on its feet for the performance of the night! I’m SO glad they decided to keep that performance on the final cut, as it will surely send shivers down every viewer’s spine.

The duet with Neyo was simply EPIC, and actually my favorite moment of the night. The FIERCE and POWERFUL way that Charice came onto that stage and literally took over the entire arena is a moment I will never forget as a Chaster.

Oh by the way, that night was also the first time I ever heard Jackie Evancho sing as well, and wow, if you haven’t heard her performance from that night on youtube yet, wait for it on this special. Simply breathtaking. All in all, this PBS Special/DVD/CD is going to be one of the early highlights of 2011, in the Year of Charice!

10. Gener says:
    i am just wondering if there are non-Filipino Chasters, visiting and partaking in this website. Please kindly hit the LIKE button, to have at least an idea. Thanks. :-)

• Gener says:
      Thanks, guys! Keep coming in and be counted.

• jay-o says:
      Newcomer or new recruit? This does not only cater the Philippines my friend.

• Anthony says:
        Gener, I’m not sure if you are new to this website, but this community is pretty diversed as it caters to all backgrounds regardless of gender, race and/or origin. One thing is for sure, our love for Charice is a constant common ground.

• Gener says:
          Yeah, I am just a newbie here. People here seem to be just so gracious and fanatic of great talents such as our dear Charice. Thanks for a warm welcome. Be Proud. Be Amazed. Be Charished. ;-)

• bld9696 says:
      I am a non-Filipino Chaster who has been following Charice since before her appearance on Ellen. I have been fishing with baseball legend Ted Williams and golfing with golf legend Arnold Palmer. But nothing, and I truly mean nothing, would ever top meeting Charice, should the chance ever arise. She is the most special person in the world; and the love that all Chasters feel for her proves that. Charice, I love you; as I know we all do.

11. flowjam21 says:
    1 word…

“EXCITED!”

12. Daniel says:
    Charice and Jackie are the two of the youngest performer on this show but they both gave me goosebumps watching them live at Mandalay Bay. They are both in good company with the legends and I can’t wait to receive my CD/DVD. There are more surprises for us chasters as she’s about to release her next album, appear on Glee and her solo concert in Japan. Despite the turmoil in the Middle East, Charice gave us hope and a sense of unity……and Peace on Earth through her music.

• perla says:
      when the CD’S/DVD comes out, will somebody tells us where to buy them? it would probably be difficult to watch out for this to be shown in any german tv show if this would be shown at all. thank you.

13. tnt says:
    Its about the whole album not the best individual performance of the night…

14. flor of texas says:
    I’m glad that Charice performances of All By Myself and Earth Song will be included in David Foster’s: The Hitman Returns. Way to go, Charice. More power to you.

15. nigel says:
    it’s so disappointing that Charice’s own version of Celine’s TO LOVE YOU MORE were not included in the lists… well i’m just hoping that it will come out on the DVD. I watched the video million of times youtubing… and it turns to be so effortless for her singing that song by heart!

16. Marcela says:
    i wish to love you more was included… cha has 1 solo and 1 duet while jackie had 2 solos… i still think to love u more was sang effortlessly than all by myself

17. pb says:
    i’m sure the other songs sang by charice in DF1 and DF2 were excluded for future release.

18. mooffin says:
    can it be march already? thanks for the update AF!

19. Gener says:
    I’ve watched those Youtube Clips of ABM and TLYM tirelessly and countlessly over the last few months since October. Charice was simply amazing! ;-) Both songs deserve to be in the final cut.

20. tyramaid says:
    i’m guessing that abm is taken from that event where “last dance” was also performed by donna summers, if not then praises to the man who managed to edit the ‘mistake’ on that particular song.

21. Anthony says:
    I’m sad to find out To Love You More didn’t make it to the list. Nonetheless, All By Myself was great, I was there during the performance. It would be interesting to find out how PBS managed to edit the last part where David Foster said he had made a mistake by not telling Charice he had cut the ending part into six bars instead of the four bars originally planned. Can’t wait to buy it! I’m excited!

22. Justcharrie says:
    I can’t wait to get hold of the DVD and wish that ABM is also included. This waiting really excites me.

23. Nsanitee says:
    ALL BY MYSELF made it to the cut. that will be the bomb! of course, i am partial on this one. i am sure all the other performers are great but i am anticipating the songs of the girl with the golden voice who can swirl me to stratosphere!

24. Kathy says:
    yay…very excited…its like being there all over again….cant wait to watch it again..woottt.

25. jimfan155 says:
    Maybe by this time Charice will reappear on GLEE. That would be awesome to see her on tv on a consistent basis. Momentum, momentum Chasters. I can’t wait.

26. Lovelyrcf says:
    I’m soooo excited!!!

27. from1chicago says:
    I’m second…fantastic!!!!!

28. Astrud says:
    I’m first…awesome!

• eve says:
      It would be nice if you can actually express your thoughts and opinion about the article.

• eve says:
        someone from Toronto likes to impersonate me. Your comments are usually deleted but you keep coming back! Please desist, thank you.

Chasters, if it doesn’t sound like me and doesn’t have my avatar, then it is not me lol. I would never say such a thing.

• John says:
          Hey Eve, roger that…don’t worry we’ll be careful. Plus, you don’t have to worry about your fans, we “labyo”
          as we used to say to our CHA.

• Astrud says:
      Actually , I was excited to see this but I what I meant was true — which is really an AWESOME news. I’ve watch the first DFF blueray and it was really good. The one upcoming has some of the song from Charice not included but cannot complain since that All By Myself song was intriguing , since DF made some final adjustment …I wonders how it’s going to be on the DVD/Blueray …