Charice, who plays Sunshine Corazon, the GLEE Filipina foreign exchange student, trended worldwide on twitter right after the first episode aired. Since then, everybody looked forward to the next episode in the hope of seeing yet another mind-blowing performance from “The Most Talented Girl in the World”. We waited another week and tuned in to the next episode… …But she didn’t show up at all! Then came episodes three, four and five, and Charice still wasn’t there. Where was she?! While Gleeks and Chasters were tearing their hair out of agony and frustration, Charice was busy during the past few weeks because she performed as part of the David Foster and Friends Asian Tour. They had concerts in Tokyo, Manila, Bangkok, Jakarta and Singapore. After the Sushi Saga, Charice had a short break from work. As of press time, she has flown back to the US for holiday gigs and also to resume tapings for Glee. Let’s have a recap of what happened thus far. Sunshine Corazon tried to audition for New Directions (ND) as per Rachel Berry’ insistence. Rachel, jealous of Sunshine’s talent, tricked the latter into going to a crack house. Leah apologized afterward and encouraged Sunshine to still audition. Sunshine, being the nice innocent girl that she is, agreed. Sunshine made ND Listen, and the rest of the world listened too. However, before Will Schuester was able to congratulate Sunshine for passing, Vocal Adrenaline’s coach already succeeded in pirating her, thanks to a tip-off from the age-old McKinley High super villain, Sue Sylvester. “I actually would’ve stayed here but I think Rachel would’ve made my life a living hell. I just didn’t trust her after she sent me to a crack house, not cool…It was nice to meet you,” Sunshine said. Thus, Sunshine will now be a part of VA and not ND, much to the dismay of fans (and Kurt Hummel). Now, the world is waiting for her ultimate comeback, but people from all over are speculating on what she will sing next. Hence, let’s ask the all-important question: Hmm, What will she sing next? Okay, let’s review the pro’s and con’s of each of the most popular song candidates, based on how often these suggestions appeared on twitter and other discussion boards. Fans have come up with some very interesting theories, some of which are backed by good reasoning, although a majority were just products of sheer wishful thinking. Let’s talk about the
Choice 1: Celine Dion, “All by Myself”/ “Power of Love” / “To Love You More“
- Fans want Charice to sing big songs so she can really showcase her talent.
- Ryan Murpy (RM), GLEE’s creator, also wants Charice to sing songs like that.
- These are the best songs in her arsenal based on her recently concluded stint at the David and Foster and Friends Asian Tour.
- They can make the arrangement more lively and young, just like what DF did with “To Love You More”.
Choice 2: Jennifer Holliday, “And I’m Telling You I’m Not Going”
- Again, it’s a big song. It’s what WE want, plus it’s what RM wants too.
- She’s new to VA so saying, “You’re gonna love me,” is perfect for that moment.
- A trip down memory lane would be cool.
- The lyrics can make the character look arrogant and overconfident to some extent. Sunshine is a sweet girl, so it may not really happen.
- Right after the first line of the chorus, the lyrics imply undying loyalty, which can make her look materialistic after the perks she got from the VA coach.
- Unfortunately, Mercedes already sang it. (AWWW!!!)
Choice 3: Christina Aguilera/ Lea Salonga, “Reflection”
- For the third time, it’s another big song. It’s what WE want, plus it’s what RM wants too.
- Wall Street Journal (WSJ) Celebrity bloggers think that the song as a whole fits to the situation well, as Charice is basically torn between two schools.
- The song’s lyrics are also perfect for Sunshine’s age, plus she can have that pensive moment, thinking about whether it was right that she accepted the green card and condo from VA.
- Correct me if I’m wrong, but she hasn’t sung that song yet. But then, she can sing anything anyway.
- WSJ has said it, and Ryan Murphy doesn’t want his shows to be predictable.
- Reflection is about accepting one’s self. Sunshine seems to have no issue with that.
. There are many other possibilities, and they might even be better than the ones listed above. What do you think? Do you have something else in mind? We would love to hear your thoughts!
Reports, with particular attention to IMDb’s, say that she will show up again either on the sixth or seventh episode. GLEE’s Episode six, “Never Been Kissed” will air in FOX at 8:00 PM EST Tuesday, November 9th.
By RJ Nieto, Charicemania.com