Categorized | Philippines

The Buzz Chats with Charice: Her Newfound Fame, Her Mom

The Buzz Chats with Charice:  Her Newfound Fame, Her Mom

Nov 10 Update – English subtitled video added.
Manila – In a recent TV interview with Charlene Gonzales in the Buzz, Charice talked about her achievements and how she is dealing with her newfound fame.

Charice took a weeklong vacation after the last leg of the David Foster and Friends Asian Tour, which she was a part.

Asked on why her vacation was so short, Charice said, “Actually, I’ve already been here for a week. I think it’s quite long because usually I get only two or three-day breaks in the past.”

I’m Not Ready for a Boyfriend

David Charice1 The Buzz Chats with Charice:  Her Newfound Fame, Her MomCharice has just turned 18 and she was asked if she has any suitor at the moment.

Charice jerked, swayed, smiled and then gave out a hearty laugh, obviously embarrassed.

The Buzz: Really, is there any?

Charice pouted her lips.

The Buzz: “Is he a Hollywood actor?”

Charice:No.”

The Buzz: Is he a singer?

Someone in the audience shouted, “He’s a singer!” then Charice shifted her seating posture, seemingly rattled.

The Buzz: Ne-Yo?

Charice: “No,” Charice frowningly said.

The Buzz: David Archuleta?

Charice: No!

The Buzz: Justin Timberlake… uh, Justin Bieber?

Charice: “He’s not among them.”

The Buzz: So who is it? Come on, spill the beans!

Charice: No, no, uh no (stutters)… I mean, if there were any, I wouldn’t really mention it. And besides, I’m not yet ready for that. I’ll just let them be. I don’t need suitors, I don’t need boys. Charice unwittingly admitted.

Charice: “Right now… I mean right now,” implying that she has no plans of becoming an old maid. However, she said that she’s still too young for that.

The discussion shifted to Charice’s first GLEE appearance. The host requested her to sing a short sample of the song “Telephone”, which she sang with Lea Michelle on the pilot episode of the second season.

Charice sang the hit song, including all the auto-tuned parts – without using auto-tune.

Newfound Fame

David Foster Charice The Buzz Chats with Charice:  Her Newfound Fame, Her MomCharice was asked about how it feels to be in her shoes right now.

Charice: I still feel like I’m dreaming. To be a well-known singer in the Philippines has always been my dream but I never thought that it would be like this. This is so much more than what I have asked for.

Charice clarified that she is still the same person that people knew before all these successes came. She said that her family relationships, her attitude, and everything else, didn’t change at all.

Charice: The only thing that changed was my dream that has to do with my family’s basic needs,” Charice said, referring to the fulfillment of her dream to have enough food on the table and to buy a house for her family.

Charice said her career goals have also changed.

In an earlier statement, David Foster said that Charice is a “shoo-in for a Grammy [award].”

Charice: He [Foster] always tells me that I will surely win a Grammy [award] if not this year, then the next. I believe in him but I still am praying for it to happen.

Charice: Whenever I achieve anything in my career, I always tell myself, ’even if they’re quite big, I am still starting out’, and I will stay that way. And my family, they’re always there, and I’m very happy to be with them.

Proud Mom

Carl Raquel Charice The Buzz Chats with Charice:  Her Newfound Fame, Her MomRaquel Pineda, Charice’s mother who is better known as “Mommy Raqz”, joined the set.

Mommy Raqz brought a dollhouse as a present for her daughter. The host asked her why she gave Charice such a gift.

Mommy Raqz: Back then, she really wanted to have a dollhouse of her own but I wasn’t able to give her one because we can’t afford it,” Mommy Raquel’s tears welled.

Mommy Raqz: “Of course, whenever she wins amateur singing contests, we would use the winnings to augment our budget for food and rent. This is the only time when I can really give her that [dollhouse]. This is something that she really wanted ever since, something she wanted that I can afford just now. I am really proud to be your mom.”

“I mean, some people tell you, ‘I wish I had been your mom’, because they’re so proud of you, but I feel even prouder because you really are my child.”

Maybe this is the first time that I will tell you this,” Mommy Raqz’s voice started to break.

“…Thank you.”

The host asked Charice what Mommy Raqz means to her after taking on the role of both mom and dad to her and her sibling, after being there in every hardship that came by.

Charice: “My mom is my everything. She is my bestfriend, my dad. People from foreign lands admire our strong bond, our strong relationship. They would sometimes tell me that they wish they had same kind of relationship with their parents.”

Charice kept her tears from falling.

Charice: I mean, even if my dad wasn’t there, I feel very complete, even if it’s just us three. It’s not because of me. It’s because of her. I am very happy right now.”

“Whenever I achieve anything in my career, I always tell myself, ’even if they’re quite big, I am still starting out’, and I will stay that way. And my family, they’re always there, and I’m very happy to be with them.”

NBC’s Rockefeller Center Christmas Special

NBC Christmas Special The Buzz Chats with Charice:  Her Newfound Fame, Her MomCharice will perform in the Rockefeller Center Christmas Special on November 30th. Also performing in the said event are Mariah Carey, Sheryl Crow, Annie Lennox, Jackie Evancho, among others.

Charice: “I was informed about the whole line just a couple of days ago. Right now, we are still checking out our potential song choices for the November 30 event.”

“The other performers are really big names, so I have to choose the most appropriate piece that I will sing, so David and I are still going over the choices as of the moment.”

Charice will fly to the US Sunday evening, November 7th, after spending a week’s vacation in her hometown of San Pedro in the Philippines. She will record her second album, perform in the Rockefeller Christmas Special, and resume tapings for the Fox show GLEE.

By RJ Nieto, Charicemania.com

Courtesy of The Buzz (video uploaded by ChariceTVCrew)

58 Responses to “The Buzz Chats with Charice: Her Newfound Fame, Her Mom”

1. madzee says:

she’s very intelligent.. =)

2. Manuel Olaer says:
    I hope Charice will find Love in truth and not on physical appearance, popularity, or wealth but in Christ with a commitment that comes with True love.

• mlddz923 says:
      Ihave to agree with you Manuel. I hope she will always find truth in everything she does. Everything is in Christ alone.

3. EZ says:
    You will know how pure her heart is whenever she gets interviews like this. She just answers all the questions by heart and without trying to LOOK GOOD. Without hiding anything. Without TRYING HARD to be somebody she’s not. She’s just simply being herself and what an amazing young beautiful lady she is inside and out! VERY RARE INDEED. To have this kind of FAME AND SUCCESS USUALLY comes with arrogance and pretensions. It looks like that she doesn’t even have any idea of how GREAT HER ACHIEVEMENTS ARE at this young age. May God continue to bless you and your family Charice. Keep this up and more and more people will just be drawn to this Mega magnetic halo that she exudes from within. No wonder we’re all “Chastified” by her.

4. lyrosely says:
    can anyone tell me the link to watch the interview???

• Spawn says:
      Hi,

You can go to this website and click old posts(?) http://www.tvbarkada.blogspot.com … and Guys, Great Admin, I happen to listen to DZBB 594(local AM station) here in the PI around 3pm(local time) and I heard that our Princess is included in one event, come Dec 1st to have her OWN Star Plaque(or marker? correct me if am wrong) to be inaugurated at Eastwood City’s Walk of Fame among other local artists! That’s according to Kuya Germs (please google for those unfamiliar w/the name)! Can you believe that? Unfortunately, she’s in NY by that time as she’s invited for the NBC event.(Sigh) :( So, Who’ll be her representative then? Are ya’ all planning to attend, PI Chasters?

5. teman says:
    Charice, you are a rarity!
    I thank the Lord for giving me the opportunity to witness through you how to be a good ‘Christian’ and how it is to love not only those who love you but also others who don’t care at all. Truly, you are a good model to all.
    Because of your ‘purity of heart’ you disarm others including your detractors.
    May the Almighty God continue to bless and protect you and your love ones.

6. jessica86s says:
    The Buzz interview of Charice (& Mommy Raquel) Nove 7 2010.

MommyRaqz, you made me shamelessly weep. I know that all mothers wish to be Charice’s mom or wish that they had a daughter like Charice. But I also say that I wish all mothers were like you. LABYO both.

7. jessica86s says:
    The Buzz interview of Charice (& Mommy Raquel) Nove 7 2010.

8. gunrunner says:
    i love the thought of fulfilling a promise made in mom raqs heart long time ago when she could not afford the doll house. she is now fulfilling it as promised despite the fact she could now buy more than that dollhouse, what she is telling us is that this is promise and a covenant with her heart she must fulfill for charice. i was crying too he he he because it reminds me of the many promises i could give to my family and time runs out til i lost the opportunity. its the gift, its the symbolism it carries – a heart that remembers a heart that set an appointment in time to fill that primordial longing of an waiting child. it broke my heart to pieces because i havent done that to my daughter whom i lost in a marriage gone sour.

9. Vanessa says:
    I am speechless. Completely touched by the bond that Charice and her mother share. MommyRaqz love for her adored daughter, Charice’s extreme gratitude, respect, honor, and complete love for her mom. Nothing could be more touching. Charice is truly an angel. And MommyRaqz? MommyRaqz… an angel as well. God bless you MommyRaqz and Charice. ♥

10. Moira_Inori says:
    For Charice, who is walking a star-strewn path in her international music career, receiving a dollhouse from her mother is a source of joy and fulfillment. And not just because Charice finally got her dream dollhouse, but because Mommy Raqz finally had a chance to make a dream of her own (to give Charice a favorite toy) come true. If I ever need a reminder of how poignant, heartfelt and beautiful life is…here it is.

11. Ripley says:
    The part where Mommy Raqz was talking about their hardships and how she is now only able to give Charice what she liked as a child was very touching. As was when Mommy said that she’s very proud to be Charice’s mom and thanked her. Those got to me. I could feel all the emotion and couldn’t help shed a tear for their happiness and triumph over all the adversity they endured. God continue to Bless Charice and Family! A role model for the whole world!

12. jaju says:
    Things to watch. Charice with Jim Beanz will make Charice a lazer beam. Go Charice. I am eagerly waiting for the release of your book “Cinderella Charice” by Frank A. Hilario and you collaboration song with Jim Beanz. My dvr is now programmed for Nov. 30, NBC’s x-mas special.

13. avian08 says:
    Charice, a role model… an angel on earth!!!

14. RodBelt says:
    The Buzz interview has to be ONE OF THE BEST that Charice has ever given. I did not find the questions about her love life provocative as they were like in gist with no intention of malice and Charice handled them very well. Her straight-from-the-heart replies should make the people back home, especially her detractors, realize that this is the real Charice – humble, sincere and forgiving – someone who always look back to her roots and does not let success get over her head – a very RARE specimen of A TRUE FILIPINA. The fact that she is the one who lobbies David to watch videos of other Filipino talents is indicative of how much Charice love and support other singers dousing the rumors that she feels insecure of David’s interests of finding others. The segment with Mommy Raqz, who also has not changed a bit, giving Charice that doll house was very touching. It probably gave Charice memories of those wanting years of depravity. Yet, Mommy Raqz simple “Thank You” to Charice spoke volumes of how much she loves her daughter. And Charice need not say a word, but her actions showed how much she loves and respects her Mom in return.
    To Charice and Mommy Raqz: GOD BLESS AS ALWAYS.

15. scoobydoo says:
    very humble and no air at all !
    really a role model….