Charice soared – then shot up like a rocket – and with Glee will go into “hyperdrive.” So, lets get our bearings as we approach 21 September. We will start by reviewing Billboard and other major sales Charts. In addition to her #1 dance hit, Pyramid, Charice made Billboard history as the first Asian to have a Top10 album on the prestigious US Billboard200 Chart.
- US Billboard Hot 100 – Pyramid reached #56 – Note to God also charted #44 in 2009
- US Billboard 200 – “Charice” reached #8 – charted 8 weeks (so far)
- US Dance/Club Songs – Pyramid reached #1 – charted 14 weeks.
- US Digital Songs – Pyramid reached #32
- US Digital Albums – “Charice” reached #8
- Canadian Hot 100 – “Pyramid” feat. Iyaz reached #41 charted 9 weeks
- Canadian Albums – “Charice” reached #4 – charted 3 weeks
- Japan Hot 100 – Pyramid reached #4 – charted 9 weeks & counting
- Japan BB200 – “Charice” reached #11 charted 7 weeks & counting
- Japan Album Sales – “Charice” reached #6 September 4th
- AOL Video song – #15, Week of June 5, 2010
- Yahoo! Video – #1, Week of July 10, 2010
The Korean Top100 is of special note. Charice had 8 songs in the Top 10 and her entire album was in the Top 20 on August 8th. From the charts that I can read, Charice has risen near the top of most charts throughout Asia and is doing very well in parts of Europe and South America. I hope Chasters around the globe will leave Charice’s sales chart information for their Country in the “comments section” below.
While total sales figures are not published, Charice has already had a successful year and I feel sales will soar even higher this Fall thanks to Glee, tour events and greater media coverage.
The graph at the top, I made the first of March and is my personal projection:
- 1st part was pre-orders
- 1st big “UP” began with the April 12 rollout.
- The ZOOM straight up started with the Oprah show and QVC album debut May 11
- then sales continue with TV guestings, & performances, festivals, promo tours and rollouts in various Countries
It seems accurate so far, but after September 21st; “I think I need a BIGGER graph”
Posted by WebScribes