David Foster Comes Back to Japan After 16 Years as Part of his Asian Concert Tour
David Foster, hitmaker during the golden age of the adult-oriented rock genre from the 80s to the early 90s will come back to Japan for concerts on October 19 and 20 at Hall A of the Tokyo International Forum. The last time he was in Japan to perform was 16 years ago at the “JT Super Producers 94″ concert at the Budokan in 1994.
As part his 5-country Asian tour which includes stops in Manila, Bangkok, Jakarta, Singapore, a spectacular line-up of guests will perform his signature songs. The “Friends” include Peter Cetera, former lead singer of Chicago known for worldwide hits such as “Hard to Say I’m Sorry” and “The Best of Me”; Natalie Cole, R&B queen who has taken the world by storm with her duet “Unforgettable” with Nat King Cole; Charice, a teenage newcomer already huge in the US who debuted this year with a smash hit, which immediately landed 5th on the US iTunes singles chart; new R&B star Ruben Studdard who won Season 2 of American Idol Season; and the Canadian tenors, 4 singers with beautiful voices and harmonies; among others.
To commemorate this event, a spectacular CD compilation of Foster’s signature songs will be launched on September 15. Packed with the “Foster sound” and the “Foster magic” which has made vocalists’ talents shine and has transcended generations, genres and nationalities, this compilation will include 34 songs on 2 discs.
Of particular note, Michael Jackson and Madonna’s recordings are together in the same CD. Aside from them, the spectacular line-up of performers include Whitney Houston, Celine Dion, Peter Cetera, Natalie Cole, Seiko Matsuda, and Andrea Bocelli, all together in one compilation made possible precisely because of David Foster.
Tickets go on sale on July 24.
Video uploaded by SharisuCharice
DAVID FOSTER & FRIENDS JAPAN TOUR 2010
Performers: David Foster / Peter Cetera / Natalie Cole / Charice / Ruben Studdard / The Canadian Tenors
Date: October 19, 2010 (Tue) 18:00 Doors open 19:00 Concert starts
Date: October 20, 2010 (Wed) 18:00 Doors open 19:00 Concert starts
Venue: Hall A, Tokyo International Forum
Sponsors: Kyodo Tokyo / TV Asahi / Bunka Housou / Inter FM
Tickets: On sale from July 24, 2010, for tickets: http://kyodotokyo.com/dff
“David Foster Presents Love, Again”
(Subtitle: I listened to my favorite ballads. I fell in love with you again.)
In stores on September 15, 34 Tracks (in random order)
- Earth Song – Michael Jackson
- You’ll See – Madonna
- I Will Always Love You – Whitney Houston
- Glory of Love – Peter Cetera
- Because You Loved Me (Theme Song of Up Close and Personal) – Celine Dion
- Unforgettable – Natalie Cole and Nat King Cole
- Daite – Seiko Matsuda
- Through the Fire – Chaka Khan
- After the Love Has Gone – Earth Wind and Fire
- Morning – Al Jarreau
- Got to be Real – Cheryl Lynn
- Music of My Heart – Nsync and Gloria Estefan
- Look What You’ve Done to Me – Boz Scaggs
- Unbreak My Heart – Toni Braxton
- If You Don’t Know Me By Now – Seal
- Have You Ever? – Brandy
- Love You Like That – All For One
- Runaway – The Corrs
- Home – Michael Buble
- In This Song – Charice
- St. Elmo’s Fire – David Foster
- And When She Danced – Marilyn Martin and David Foster
- You Raise Me Up – Josh Groban
- Angel – Katherine Jenkins
- The Prayer (duet with Andrea Bocelli) – Celine Dion
Posted and translated by Mooffin, ChariceMania
Possibly Related Posts (automatically generated):
- HIT MAN David Foster & Friends Live in Bangkok 2010
David Foster, one of the best songwriters of the world, the producer with the “Golden Hands,” presents an event that...
- David Foster & Friends, Singapore Sun Festival 2010
UPDATE: October 23, 2010, ANNOUNCEMENT Malaysian (for those coming to DFF Singapore) and Singapore Chasters, there will be a scheduled...
- Charice’s David Foster & Friends Japan Performances Draw Acclaim from The Mitamon Show
The three hosts of Mezmashi TV’s entertainment news segment, The Mitamon Show, were all praises for the performers in the...