Meet and Greet with Charice (Sharisu) in Japan

Meet and Greet with Charice (Sharisu) in Japan

JULY 19 UPDATE TRANSLATION FOR CD PHOTO SHOOT AND SUKKIRI TV VIDEO!

Charice´s (Sharisu) album is released today, July 7th in Japan. We´ve added a list below where you could order outside Japan too. We hope to get feedback from Chasters worldwide about details on how to order.

Japan, Release Date: July 7, 2010 – Charice / Sharisu

From Asia to the United States and throughout the world. Finally, her debut album is out now. It includes a cover of Ayaka´s “Crescent” , the crescent moon as Japan´s Bonus Track.

Amazon Japan
Tower Japan

Sharisu1CD Meet and Greet with Charice (Sharisu) in Japan charice cd japan Meet and Greet with Charice (Sharisu) in Japan

Charice: Japan Meet & Greet

July 18-21 – A meet & greet is being planned for Charice during her visit to Japan.

From the little body that rocked the United States comes a powerful singer who’s also so sweet and adorable. Finally, Charice will perform in Japan.

Tsutaya Records will host a raffle to celebrate the launch of Charice’s album on July 7th. For those who purchase the album from Tsutaya Records, two people will have the chance to meet Charice in person and have her “sing just for you!” It will be such a gift.

For Charice to sing right before your eyes, you will surely cry. Come take your chances to win.

The winners will meet Charice in person and she will even “sing just for you!” at the meet & greet to be held somewhere in Tokyo.

How to apply: your purchase of Charice’s album from Tsutaya Records will be recorded from the QR code on the back. Visit the site for complete entry instructions at Tsutaya Records – CD/DVD department.
Entry period: July 6, 2010, to July 13 midnight.

Original Japanese Source Link: Barks Japan News
Links to other Japanese News: Warner Music Japan

Charice Photo Shoot for her Japan CD Jacket Cover

Charice Sharisu NHK Tokyo Kawaii TV July 18, 2010

Video uploaded by SharisuCharice

TRANSLATION by Mooffin:

SHARISU (Charice’s Japanese name) arrives at the studios…

“Ohayou Gozaimasu!” – Good morning!!

Narrator: Last May, Tokyo Kawaii TV caught up with Charice who was in Japan for the first time for the production of her debut CD’s jacket. To capture the hearts of the Japanese youth, the Who’s Who of stylists, artists and producers were on hand for the production of her CD’s jacket.

First up, make-up. The one in charge is super talented make-up artist Tomoko Okada (0:40) who has been responsible for the make-up in fashion shows of 20 plus fashion brands in New York and Tokyo.

Make-up Artist Tomoko: (English) I wanna try to use a more fresh style because in your country I saw you on TV and your CD jacket look so really mature… we’ll try really fresh and Tokyo girl style. (in Japanese) I’d like to line her eyes like a cat’s, drawing the line going up while pulling her eyelid up and drawing the tip of the line very thinly. (English) I’m gonna use just Japanese language so you just smiling and singing ok?

Narrator: Now the lips.

Make-up Artist Tomoko: I’m thinking of just going with lip balm.

Narrator: Ms. Okada is using a technique of suppressing shine while emphasizing color.

Make-up Artist Tomoko: (1:45) You know this is really popular for guys, this make-up in Tokyo…we call this “mote”. (Note: “Mote” comes from the word “moteru” which means to be popular with the opposite gender.)

Narrator: The stylist in charge is Keiko Hitsotsuyama (2:05), who has worked with very famous magazines abroad. She has chosen hard and edgy items like a black leather jacket, black short boots and a daring (feminine) mini one-piece dress which typifies the popular look now in Tokyo which mixes sweetness and edginess.

Stylist Keiko: (2:25) She’s already a very cute girl so instead of styling her in a cute, frilly way, styling her in a cool, simple way will bring out what’s good about her. I wanted to bring out her strength as an artist and the power of her singing from the feet up (hence the hard, edgy boots). But I also wanted to show her femininity so I wanted to have some of her skin showing (hence the mini).

Narrator: The one in charge of the CD jacket overall is art director Shigeru Suzuki (3:02). He has been singled out as the one responsible for the Japanese PR of street fashion brands.

Art Director Suzuki: (3:12) She’s from the Philippines so she’s Asian right? And we Japanese are also Asian. We want her image as a singer here to be almost Japanese, cool, someone we (Japanese) can relate to.

Narrator: After 2 weeks, a sample of her CD jacket was finished. Charice is shown on the CD case in head to toe Tokyo street fashion. On the left is the American version of her CD jacket. Her look here emphasizes her adult, glamorous side while her Japanese stylists mixed “cool” and “cute”, bringing forth the “Tokyo style”. An email from Charice herself arrived after she saw her sample CD jacket.

Art Director Suzuki: (4:15) Charice sent an email to the stylist and it seems that Charice uploaded the CD jacket’s picture to her blog and it seems to be very popular with her fans with them saying it’s so much better than her American CD’s jacket. When I heard that, it felt great and I was so happy.

Narrator: Asia’s Cinderella girl, Charice! Will she be a breakout star in Japan too?

Sukkiri Japanese Morning Show

July 07, 2010 w/ English Subtitles

Video uploaded by Tmgtworld

Charice on Japanese TV

Video Uploaded by Jemmilyn

Translations from Video Comments: Reporters said that it is the first time that an Asian singer was ranked in top 10 at billboard. Among all Asian singers, album titled “Let’s Walk with Your Face Up” by Kyu Sakamoto was ranked up to 14th, and this time Charice became superior to him. And that her height is no more than about 5ft, but she looks full of energy. Then they referred to her backgrounds. A turning point when she got very popular was when her video was uploaded on Youtube. Her ability as a singer was well acknowledged there and its access exceeded up to 150,000,000 times. And she was cast at a television programme in the United States. There she was paid attention by David Foster. He offered her as her producer for his free will, then huge producers such as Michael Jackson & Celine Dion. And they concluded with announcement that her debut album “Charice” will be on sale on July the 7th in Japan. – Fan_of_Charice

Just a little correction, they mentioned MJ and Celine Dion as two of the big stars in which David Foster produced albums with. Additional info: towards the end of the video, the guy on the right was informed by the director that the current video playing is Charice’s English rendition of Ayaka’s 三日月. He paused and said “Uso?!” (Really, you’re kidding). Then relayed the info to the other 2 anchors – From Ninkichan

Link: Twitvid.com

Charice on “Space Shower TV” Japan

Video Uploaded by ChariceSharisu

Translations from the Video:

Space Shower TV Highly Recommends is bringing you a featured interview. Her debut album is first for an Asian to make it on Billboard Top 10 this week. 18 years old and from the Philippines, R&B singer, this is Charice’s interview.

Is she contented because it´s her first time in Japan?

She was discovered by none other than producer David Foster. How did she feel that time?

David Foster discovered this voice, first time to be heard in Japan, here watch the rehearsal.

Lastly, a message from Charice to her Japanese fans…

NHK Tokyo-Kawaii Tv Trailer July 18

Video Uploaded by ChariceSharisu

Charice will be on Tokyo Kawaii TV 7/18 SUN: Kawaii on Air

Translation: Charice´s part only
July 18, 2010 (Sunday) 23:30 – 23:59 (General TV)

Furthermore, Tokyo Kawaii TV got contact with America’s hottest buzz Pop singer Sharisu on her first Japan visit. With amazing powerful singing, her debut album suddenly made it to the Top 10 in the US Hit Chart. “Charisma” make-up artist and stylist will make a cutting edge Tokyo style make-over to the Asian Cinderella Girl. Have fun!

thanks a lot JustCharrie

To Order from Germany: Amazon.de

To Order from Japan or Asia:

Note: Chasters who ordered from Yes Asia.com, Charicemania Team is not connected nor responsible for this site. This is where other Chasters have ordered their Japanese Album copies. You need a valid credit card and validation could take up to three days or longer.

To Order from US:

Yes Asia USA

“I inquired at a Japanese book store (Books Sanseido located inside Mitsuwa Japanese store in Chicago) about Charice Japan CD – they said they will not carry it in store but can be ordered through them for +/- $25.00″. – From Tippo
Other branches located at:
Torrance, CA 310-782-2900
Costa Mesa, CA 714-556-2200
San Diego, CA 858-279-2900
Edgewater, New Jersey 201-941-1564
Arlington Hts, IL 847-956-0155

Our Bonus Video: Charice´s Chinese Promotional Video

Video Uploaded by Yippeew

Posted by Schoen, Eve, Anonymous Fanatic and Capofret

101 Responses to “Meet and Greet with Charice (Sharisu) in Japan”

1. becky says:
    If the comments I read that she got a BOTOX, I think it’s not yet time for her to do this kind of beautifying madness..she’s still so YOUNG!!!Don’t always go with the advice of Belo, because she wants to make money from you! Stay as you are Charice, and you’re pretty!!!…Be content of your physical appearance…GOD created us to be like HIM because HE loves us…and don’t make any renovation or refurbish your physical appearance…repentance always at the last!!!

• josie says:
      i am sure no botox was used on her. botox is used when you augment sags or wrinkles but nor when you have fat removed. Gigi Conejero stated that a procedure to have her jawline less prominent was made. Fat removal maybe but not botox application

2. ArrVee says:
    those Japanese photographs are great, enhancing her natural beauty while adding that subtle Japanese touch to connect with the audience, and the black-and-white theme lending it an air of sophistication, to reflect how far she has gone in the past years.

for me, her signature hat adds a sense of mystery, hinting that there is more, much more to her than meets the eye, kept under cover of her innocuous appearance, with nary a trace of the rich motherlode of world-beating talent that lies just beneath the surface. Might as well, since no photograph can do justice to her out-of-this-world talent, which is best experienced in a live performance.

3. minbeauty says:
    I commend that japanese make up artist giving Charice the best look for her age…simple stroke of those pencils reveal the pretty, innocent but sexy look for magazine covers! I love it so much!!!

4. SendMeAnAngel09 says:
    Glad that we have a Japanese translator :-)
    Thanks a lot “justcharrie” :-), its your turn this time.
    Charicemania is indeed amazing:-), has a lot of multilingual translators:-) This is a universal site :-)

5. marie says:
    NHK Tokyo Kawaii vid is already in You Tube =) :

The make up artist said (in English) at about 1:57 “”I wanna try you-look-more-fresh style because in your country I saw your tv and cd … you look really mature…”- Okada Tomoko.

6. rommel says:
    Hi chasters, i am glad that i was able to visit this website .I am greatful that she made it in Glee , now i am excited to watch Glee .I know time will come that she will reach the status of Celine Dionne or Beyonce as one of the top Superstars in the whole world.I am now excited to see her transformation after her enhancement with Vicky Belo. She deserve it and what ever she want to do for her enhancement it’s just normal because she is an international celebrity.To Charice more power !I will support you all the way!

7. justcharrie says:
    Watch Charice in Japan morning show “Sukkiri” live on the 21st through this site.

Download and enjoy Japanese TV programs.

“Sukkiri” is in NTV [二本テレビ」

• KV says:
      Thanks, justcharrie!

I just downloaded the app and maybe, who knows?, this is how I am finally going to learn to speak Japanese!

On my way there in a couple of days, arriving the day after Charice is out of Japan. Too bad, but I won’t have time to look for her there anyway. But at least, I can buy her Japanese record!

Hope you’re well!

All the best,

KV

8. justcharrie says:
    Charice will guest in Japan’s morning TV show “Sukkiri” on July 21.

Lots of TV and radio appearances while in Japan

Charice who’s been the subject of talks in various tv shows since (her album) was released is currently doing some promotion in Japan. This time, there’ll be lots of opportunities to hear her sing live for everyone. First, on 7/19 Mezamashi Live, she will sing as BENI’s opening act. On the same date 7/19, “J-WAVE HOLIDAY SPECIAL PEPSI NEX presents LOVE!MUSIC,LOVE!SUMMER” ‘s live streaming that will be broadcast real time through USTREAM.
    On 7/21, she will appear in NTV’s “Sukkiri”. There will be many other appearances. It keeps getting exciting, keep an eye on Charice!

• ZSHE says:
      Please help me….I would like to know what time will be in japan charice`s shows will be aired on television?I would really appreciate if you could give me the info regarding her TV apperances…. Sooo busy !!! but I`ll see to it that I would watch her sing!!! I REALLY LIKE CHARICE!!!

9. frfyokohama says:
    Charicehas entered on the charts today 07.15.2010!!
    Oricon Music ranking Chart: No. 2
    Billboard Hot 100: No. 4(Pyramid)
    Top 100 Albums: No. 22
    Wow..!!! Has purchased my second copy at Tsutaya.. hoping to win for the two lucky chaster to see and hear charice sing live face to face.!!

10. justcharrie says:

11. justcharrie says:

12. lifesatwist says:
    On the day Charice’s album was released here in Japan, off I went to several record shops but her album’s gone already at 12 noon! Not giving up, I went to Kinukuniya and luckily they had 2 albums left, so I bought them all! I was so happy, eager to get back to my car and played her album at full blast with open windows! ..People turning around probably thinking ” What a crazy ‘gaijin’ (foreigner)” hahahaha ! I love everything in it! I’ve been promoting it to all my students and friends, young and old alike. :-) To the top, Baby!!

13. justcharrie says:

14. justcharrie says:
    Good news from Japan just keep on coming! Now CHARICE debuts @ #14 in ORICON CHART! – considered in Japan as gauge for sales and popularity. How’s that?

15. enad says:
    i didnt know what sharisu meant. now i know. so charice is sharisu in japan, huh? go charice, aka sharisu, conquer japan!

16. j_e_m says:
    I’m having a fantastic day here in Taiwan. This is why…..

I was buying some fresh veggies and meat at the traditional market here in Taipei when I realized I didn’t have enough cash with me. So off I went to a convenience store to withdraw some cash. When I got in the store, I heard Charice belting the song Pyramid. So I waited for the song to finish just to make sure which radio station was playing it. I was even happier when it was a local Taiwanese radio station not ICRT (the one and only Enlgish radio station here in Taiwan). The DJ even told the story about Charice’s past and how she worked hard to get to the top. This means more and more local Taiwanese people are listening to Charice’s song. To the top baby!!!

I just want to share this with you cause it really made my day!

Love you Charice!!!

• ChrisJSS says:
      I have a somewhat similar story. :)

I was in Orchard Rd here in Singapore which is a shopping district. Along the streets, you would see various acts, from dancers to acrobats to drum groups etc etc. Tents are also put up in several spots and these are where events are held.

I just got out of a mall, stuck in my earphones and played “Charice” in shuffle and repeat. I then heard “in this song” playing in the background. I got confused for a second, I thought I was hearing my cd. Then I turned to a tent nearby where an event was being held and saw 2 young Singaporeans girls singing “in this song” with all their might. I ran towards the tent. It was an event for the youth with several mentions of the upcoming Youth Olympics here. I stayed until the event was over, it really made my day.

“in this song” is not even a released single and yet it has caught on with the youth. Really, really proud of my girl Charice!:)

• ArrVee says:

singing “with all their might” – Charice makes it look so easy, and all her songs are deceptively difficult. “In This Song” also seems like a simple song, but people connect with it at a deeper level.

this little girl is a real trooper though (even her name sounds like someone we know):

17. from1chicago says:
    J14 magazine is now on sale and Charice is there! The write up is short but worth reading and looking, considering that this is her first US magazine appearance. Check it out!!
    Love Cha…

18. Angelia says:
    I have just received my copy of the Japan Edition. It was realeased on July 7, 2010 in Japan and I got mine on July 8, 2010, in the US. I ordered from http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/ . The album is $21…and altogether, I paid about $34 including shipping. I did 2 days shipping, and it got here right on time! It may be a little pricey, but it’s all worth it! This album is selling like hot cakes once again!! hehe I’m happy for you Charice! At the top baby! =D

Here’s a picture of me and the album!: http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/85/l_f67d5771ee084da89ae1546267c5f117.jpg

19. justcharrie says:
    Watch the trailer of Charice’s make-over during her first visit to Japan

Charice will be on Tokyo Kawaii TV 7/18 SUN

Translation:
    July 18, 2010 (Sunday) 23:30 – 23:59 (General TV)

NHK’s character “DomoKun” has become global.

The “Let’s Make DomoKun Cute Project” which was broadcasted in April this year has received great response from people across the country. So this time it’s the second edition!

From showbiz to handicraft industry, showing off their work, the masters competing with techniques and ideas, we will show you the all-out coverage of the evolution of “Domo-Kun’s amazing style transformation.

That Akkina and Minami Akina Chan will take the DomoKun image change challenge! What would the Shibuya fashion leader create for our trend-filled sense DomoKun?

Now, from Polymer Clay and Wool Felt in the craft’s industry to traditional craft of Gimp, what would be the transcending techniques of the competing masters?

20. OMIE says:
    I should add one more thing about the Chinese video which I found out with the help of Google Translate: The three Chinese characters which represent her name on this video become Xiaruisi in the Pinyin transcription commonly used in mainland China.

21. OMIE says:
    The Chinese promotional video posted here is actually from Taiwan. Unfortunately, Youtube is not available to Internet users in mainland China. Charice fans in the People’s Republic, however, can watch most of her videos at the sites tudou.com and youku.com .

22. jn says:
    Good luck Charice on your Asian tour. Wish you all the best!!!

23. Sy says:
    Geez shipping and handling on the Japanese album almost cost the same amount as the CD itself. Gotta find another way. I’m really iffy on the YesAsia website.

• kabayan01 says:
      Yes Sy it’s true, but for our Princess. I don’t mind paying for it. I love Crescent Moon and the duet with DRS I did for you. I’ll support our Princess whenever I can.

24. Sy says:
    Hi Guys, just found out we can purchase Charice’s Japan Album through Amazon Japan. Here’s the website. Or if link does not work just search for Amazon Japan.

25. tsuki says:
    How come Tsutaya in Okinawa, Japan does not sell Charice CD? Any info is highly appreciated.

• b0neDaddy says:
      i bought my CD at tower records… any tower records in JP is sellin her CD.. i bought it at album launching date… july 7..

26. pardzleo says:
    yayyy!…oh man….charice has one of the most influential women in the world, a legend in music, a loving family, and the fans (CHASTERS) who are sooooo LOYAL and sooo GOOD at MULTI TASKING…from finding and posting links of cha’s performances and tv promotions… to translating different languages for the fans….global..global..global..what can i say…

• SendMeAnAngel09 says:
      Agree :-) Everyone now can understand whatever kind of language this world has.
      This site “Charicemania” is so amazing… so fantastic! Lots of terrific genuine writers/contributors/correspondents/translators from all over the world who are giving services for free out of love :-)) Really love this site :-) and Chasters are one of a kind :-))

27. TonyVernsky says:
    Hi Charice,

I just want to wish you the best of everything and good luck to your Asian tour.

28. rodski says:
    Hi Eve, here’s the most updated chart from itunes Japan Pop Charts:

#9 – Pyramid, Japan Album Ver (#33 in Top Song)
    #37 – Pyramid, Single Ver(#196 in Top Song)
    #45 – Crescent Moon, Japan Album Ver
    #50 – Crescent Moon, Single Ver
    #73 – I Love You, Japan Album Ver
    #119 – Pyramid, US Deluxe Ver
    #126 – Nobody’s Singin’ To Me, Japan Album Ver
    #144 – Reset, Japan Album Ver
    #145 – In This Song, Japan Album Ver
    #176 -Thank You, Japan Album Ver

Top Pop Albums:
    #6 – Japan Album Ver (#23 in Top Album)
    #29 – US Deluxe Ver (#149 in Top Album)
    #43- Int’l Ver

29. honeybee1665 says:
    hello chasters,
    for a very long time i didn’t post any comment here….its me HONEYBEE…i read it that charice will be in Odaiba on July 19 3:30pm maybe until 5pm.i’m trying to ask my supervisor to get my work leave for this day coz we’re so busy at work, reason why i seldom join the chatrum.& they don’t let me b4 to get a work leave eventhough they were killing me working till sunday for 5 weeks already….by this time bec. charice will be here in Japan they might gave for what i’m ask for just to watch her in Odaiba & take some vids also for the chasters to watch after her performance.
    old chasters maybe remember that i went to Vegas last year just to watch her in D & F concert,now she’s here in Japan on the 19th i don’t want to miss it…i let u know guys if i can & if i am sure i am going with Japanini( Lea)to be w/ me on that day an old chaster too lol!pray for me for my work leave (LMAO!)

• Marriot says:
      hello honeybee, thanks for the information. i want to watch Charice in Obaida, could you tell us more on how to get the details and other information of her appreance in Odaiba. thanks