Categorized | Announcements, International, News

Charice´s Japan Debut Album Contains Ayaka´s Cover Song

Charice´s Japan Debut Album Contains Ayaka´s Cover Song

JAPAN – Entertainment. Female singer from the Philippines, Charice, eighteen years old, debuted her album and was ranked 8th in America. Her debut album in Japan (to be released 2010, July 7) contains Japanese pop singer Ayaka’s song “Mikazuki.”

On the 24th of May, in Tokyo Charice had her rehearsal for promoting her album and she showed everyone her ability to sing a famous song of Ayaka’s, “Mikazuki,” in English. She demonstrated her superb singing abilities with a wide vocal range and strong voice. And afterwards she said, “I love J-Pop, it’s amazing,” and smiled.

Charice Tokyo Ayaka Mikazuki1 Charice´s Japan Debut Album Contains Ayaka´s Cover Song

Mouse over to watch Crescent Moon from Ayaka: Mikazuki

Ayaka: Mikazuki Song and Lyrics

When she was twelve years old, she uploaded her first video on YouTube and then received more than 13 million hits. After she performed on the popular American “Oprah Show,” she came to the attention of record producer David Foster, the same producer as Celine Dion. She could then debut and become known in America. The song “Mikazuki” is only available in Japan, but with Charice’s talent the chances are high that it will debut in America as well.

Translation by Shimizu Yoshiki, Central Washington University, Kyoto University of Foreign Studies

Source link: Yahoo Headlines in Japan

From Charice:

JapTwit1 Charice´s Japan Debut Album Contains Ayaka´s Cover Song

Charice’s name written Japanese style (called katakana script): SHA-RI-ZU

Sharizu1 Charice´s Japan Debut Album Contains Ayaka´s Cover Song

From Mommy Raquel:

MrTwit1 Charice´s Japan Debut Album Contains Ayaka´s Cover Song

From Harry J. Clark aka Yasu:

HarryJap Charice´s Japan Debut Album Contains Ayaka´s Cover Song

Music Station is a long-running Japanese music television program. It began broadcasting on October 24, 1986 and continues to be broadcast weekly in High-definition from 8PM-9PM on tv asahi. The program is also colloquially known as Emu Sute. The program has also recently received its international television premiere on Animax’s networks in Southeast Asia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and other regions from March 2007.

Special thanks to DrTp, Eve, Capofret and AF

Posted by Schoen

42 Responses to “Charice´s Japan Debut Album Contains Ayaka´s Cover Song”

1. Amylia says:
    Charice is soo awesome.. love u soo much..!!

2. archiemr4 says:
    Crescent Moon – Charice
    Track #16
    (my attempt on transcribing the lyrics with the help of some Chasters

Ohhh… wooo …hooo….

We always were together
    Walking the same road, You and me like destiny
    But then the path had parted,
    You went down one road, and I went the other way

Loneliness, the feeling in my heart
    Is all I have to hold today,
    Looking at the sky that’s almost just about to cry
    I have to say, but I can’t help but think of you

ohh…ohh…

I’m here beneath the night, and you’re not there,
    No I won’t cry , won’t cry anymore.
    Trying hard to live a life without you
    Too peaceful, when I think about you… ohh …ohh…

Maybe, you’re seeing the same big sky
    A crescent moon, fades into the night
    ‘Cause it might be bringing us together
    You know I love you more than ever

ohh…ohh…
    yeaa …yeaa …hey…yeaa

The days are getting colder (colder)
    Keeping my hands warm by myself
    Reality, I miss your arms so badly
    Want you here with me, want you here with me

Even though you call me
    And tell me how much you love me, I get blue (I get blue)
    You know I wanna hear it,
    But I really don’t like to lean on you
    So I’ll wipe the tears away…

I’m here beneath the night, and you’re not there.
    No I won’t cry , won’t cry anymore.
    Trying hard to live a life without you
    Too peaceful , when I think about you…ohh …ohh…

I wonder when I would see you again
    Until that time again, I guess I’ll have to live
    Feeling the power you gave me, When you hold me close
    And said I’ll always love you, you know….ohhhh

Here beneath the night, and you’re not there.
    No I won’t cry , can’t cry anymore.
    Trying hard to live a life without you
    Too peaceful, when I think about you.. ohh …ohh…

Maybe, you’re seeing the same big sky
    A crescent moon, fades into the night
    I believe in bringing us together (bringing us together)
    You know I love you more than ever (I love you more than ever)

Holding up my hands, can you feel the pain?
    I’m reaching out to you, Crescent moon…

(Crescent moon) h.mmmm…

3. kristiee says:
    wow i am all the way acorss the world && she has a amzzzinnn’ voiiiiceeeeeeeeeeeee

4. jen says:
    wow! im filipino and i’ve been loving j-pop and one of my favorite japanese singers is ayaka (because i like mizushime hiro :p). it’s really nice to know that charice (my fave too!) is going to do a cover of mikazuki. ^_^

aww i wanna go to japan..

5. youkhyre says:
    you got the katakana name wrong. it should be シャリーズ(“sha ri – zu”) and not チャーリズー(“sha – ri zu -”, pronounced as shahrizoo)

• schoen says:

Hi Youkhyre, there´s also this version: Sharisu. How do you write that?

• Rom Remus says:

@mamie has the version closest to how Charice would say her name
        チャリース tyariisu

6. hpj says:
    It would be cool if she learns the japanese, korean, chinese, thai, etc. characters/equivalents of her name (Charice) so she can make autographs in those languages along with the Charice trademark, as well – multi-talented, multi-genre, mult-lingual artist.

7. Rom Remus says:
    @mamie
    見えと付き,チャスターの世界へようこそ!
    日本語で弱いですけど、べんきょうします

8. webmarketstrat says:

Glee casting for Charice? This says otherwise–

Charice on Glee: International pop star gets TV role, or does she?

9. Fly N Dance says:

Hi Admin,

Don’t know where to post this, so here it is. hope u can post in a separate item/thread, so we chasters can show support.

thanks.

10. Jessica86s says:
    Thanks for the update guys. Very interesting and definitely broadening the reach of Charice. But I have some questions in my mind. Is Charice coming out with a new album which shall include the song “Mikazuki” and other japanese songs? Great marketing strategy, but how do they get around the music rights and copyright limitations and eventually the royalty distribution. I guess their lawyers know what they’re doing. As long as Charice get’s the exposure and penetrates these huge markets with the most effectivity and effeciency. This will be another first for an international entertainer, the way she penetrates these new markets starting from the US as originating music source. An interesting marketing case study.

11. from1chicago says:
    Charice’s RP manager should be fired and replaced ASAP.She’s supposed to be the first to know the facts and a confirmation made before she opens her mouth. This is a huge, big, large, tremendous blunder she ever made public.

12. CharisseToo says:
    Charice, you will look really cute made up like a Japanese! You’ll be such a doll. Can’t wait to see you. During your Singapore idol apprearance, you looked incredibly fresh and beautiful, made up to look more Asian with just the right amount of make-up. What a lovely contrast to see you on both end of the poles. Just like you music, you are incredibly versatile and unique. The Japanese are a very loyal and super nationalistic, a very difficult market to penetrate but I have a feeling they will welcome you with open arms especially now when you are open to embracing their culture and singing with their local pride. They can be one of your most diehard Chasters once you steal their hearts. They are crazy fans :) and they love music and karaoke! I can imagine the next time I visit Japan, they will be singing your songs :) What a treat.

13. gunrunner says:
    can i take the burden of asking your forgiveness for this unneccessary divisive words from one of our colleagues. i dont want chasters to crack up on this very little issue. lets be united charice is just starting and we have to be united behind her. whoever that chaster is i wish him peace and lets respect each others opinion and be tolerant in our differences. lol

14. MyVoice says:
    It’s very appalling that the Inquirer will write this kind of crap or her Philippine Manager would confirm something that is not true….

15. muskrat says:
    Charice and her Mom already said that this is pure rumors and not true!! I also want to add that her U.S. connections will not allow that to happen even if the Glee producers want to, it will not happen, and you know why? If you are Reprise, David Foster, Warner Bros Music, Marc Johnston, you are going to lose your biggest star and for what, for a singing group. You still don’t think they’re going to lose her if she join the Glee? Think about the rehearsals, the public appearances, performances, etc.. And the thing that I don’t like most about it is she will only be just one of them, so folks, don’t be sad about it, she’s better off now, and she doesn’t need Glee.

• ChariceToo says:
      Exactly my thoughts muskrat. She has a great album, top 8th in sales for a debut album but as a newcomer, she still needs to do a lot to promote hersef and her songs. I believe a tour is already in the works and that’s a lot of hardwork and crazy schedules. She may not have the time at the moment to do Glee. Once she is established, there’s no telling where she can go… We’re behind you Charice and we wish you all the bestEST!

As for her Philippine manager, she could ruin things for Charice is she opens her mouth to soon without making sure of the facts.

• MegaEwolf says:
        Never heard of GLEE. What is it all about? All I know is about Charice…and I know for sure that Charice is way better than any of those young aspiring singers combined.

GO CHARICE, At the top Baby !

16. Ate Lina says:
    I will surely want to hear that song she will be recording in Japan. Charice is a singer full of talent and she always tackle truimphantly whatever challenge she is given like singing the Italian Adagio. I’m excited and anticipating her success in Japan music world. “WHATEVER SHE TOUCHES TURNS TO GOLD” I am more than excited about her joining THE GLEE cast next season !!! It’s official right, coming from her PI manager Grace Mendoza. For sure, year 2010 is CHARICE year. I can’t contain my hapiness for her success. Charice you are truly a blessed girl.

________________________________

It has been confirmed that Charice has not been offered a recurring role on GLEE. ~Team CM

17. lui says:

• Qrius51 says:
      This is fantastic news, however, I would like to hold back my excitement until Charice US management team finally confirms….

Stay tuned…..

• admin says:

This is not true!

• lui says:

hmmmm well i thought it is a reliable source since it is inquirer.net……… well sorry it is just a rumor……. but i want her to join GLEE…. she will be perfect choice in that show

• rlf says:

Admin…”This Glee May 25 Fools day”, made Charice an instant Internet celebrity writers topic….LOL!

18. mytimeandplace says:
    Link to all news articles about Charice from around the globe: http://news.google.ca/news/section?pz=1&cf=all&ned=ca&hl=en&q=charice&scoring=n

If above link doesn’t work, just go to google news and type charice on search news box.

It’s so exciting to witness Charice’s steady rise in global popularity! Kudos to her team for their superb job and coordinated effort to promote her in big cities around the world.

19. mamie says:
    チャリースいつも、どこでも・・・特に日本でうちは応援します!!がんばって!絶対日本人のファンも増えるよ!だってチャリースさんの心からの歌い方最高だもん!うち子供の時からアイドルなんていなかったよ!でもチャリースの事を知ってたまで~^^

いつの間にか大ファンになった!
    いつも応援します!

• tsuki says:
      This is just rough translation of @mamie. “I will always support Charice anywhere particularly in Japan. Good Luck. Certainly, Japanese fans will increase since Charice sings from the heart at a very high level. I had no idol when I was a kid. But after seeing & listening to Charice, I became a big fan. I’ll always support Charice.”

20. WebScribes says:
    Sharisu has a nice ring to it :-)

Crescent Moon English Lyrics are beautiful (see link in the above article). I’m looking forward to the Sharisu version

“Mikazuki” sung live by Ayaka http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y3SkiYojvs

I understand Ayaka is ill, please add her to your prayers

21. Rom Remus says:

The article on
    transcribed Charice into Katakana as ジャリ-ス、not ジャリ-ズ- . In Roman letters the first one reads Zyariisu and the second, Zyariizuu.

Also, the Yahoo Japan article refers to a video clip of a 12 year-old Charice on You Tube that garnered over 13 million views. It doesn’t say that Charice posted the clip herself. False Voice is not yet lost in the translation, just unnoticed at the moment.

Can’t wait for the album to get on the shelves. I assume Charice will come back to promote it like she did in Glorietta. If so, does anyone know the venue?

22. mooffin says:
    music station for a “new” singer like charice is really saying something! only the heavyweights get to guest in that show! she is really being managed and promoted so well. good luck charice and wow them like you always do!

23. charicecrazy says:
    Wow, I cant wait to hear Charice’s version of this Japanese song! I’m sure she did a wonderful job at it.

24. munzt says:
    I love saying this: This is only the beginning for Charice.

25. Vee127 says:
    Can’t wait for her album n tv/radio appearances for promotion. Does anyone know when she’ll be at music station? I’ll record it too.

• Capofret says:
      they didn’t say the date. but here’s the site where you can check for the show schedule and guests (in japanese though) – http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/music/

Music Station is a long-running Japanese music television program. It began broadcasting on October 24, 1986 and continues to be broadcast weekly in High-definition from 8PM-9PM on tv asahi. The program is also colloquially known as Emu Sute .

26. tsuki says:
    Charice, Happy B-day! Welcome to Japan. Irashaimase. After buying US albums, I’ll buy Japanese.

27. lily says:
    Charice should sing Okaeri by Ayaka. Its the best Japanese song I ever heard.

28. ABC says:
    Wow… Amazing… Charice is now a fully certified Global Artist.. Adagio of Italy was been a fantastic rendition that Italians heard in awe. And I hope soon perhaps couple of Songs in Spanish, Mandarin – Chinese, or even in French and other major Languages. Wow… Unstoppable Charice… Congrats… #8 in Billboard 200…

29. wow!wow! 1st!charice looks like japanese here.shes sooooooo cute