Categorized | Announcements, Appearances, USA

Charice to Perform at Power of a Dream Gala on May 18, 2010

Charice to Perform at Power of a Dream Gala on May 18, 2010

VIDEO and PICTURE GALLERY ADDED!!

On May 18, 2010 the U.S. Dream Academy will hold its 9th Annual Power of a Dream Gala entitled, “Dream America,” to benefit their nationally recognized after-school programs. The event will be held at the Ritz Carlton Hotel (1150 22nd Street NW) in downtown Washington, D.C. (VIP reception – 6:00 p.m., Awards Gala – 7:00 p.m.).

Each year the Gala attracts some of Hollywood’s top celebrities, corporate executives, and VIPs, as well as political and community leaders who support and invest in the future of those children most at risk. The annual event also honors those who are making a difference in young people’s lives with their philanthropic efforts.

This year’s honorees include Dan Rather (“CBS Evening News”), actress Angela Bassett, and Dr. Bernice A. King (daughter of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.).  Actor/comedian Chris Tucker will host. Emmy Award-winning actor Charles S. Dutton will serve as the keynote speaker. Academy Award-winning actor Louis Gossett Jr. and Jonathan Mariner (CFO of Major League Baseball) will serve as the Gala co-Chairs. VIP guests will include; Members of Congress, and NFL veterans, Rick Doc Walker and Darrell Green, amoung many others.

A night full of entertainment is scheduled with a performance from teen sensation Charice. This young star first came to notoriety when Oprah gave her the opportunity to sing with Celine Dion, and now she is quickly becoming an international star who will be featured on Ellen and Oprah this month to debut her first album.

For ticket information and registration, click here >>> Power of a Dream Gala

Read full article here: www.onlineprnews.com

More about this event on www.usdreamacademy.org

Charice Power of Dream Gala 5 Charice to Perform at Power of a Dream Gala on May 18, 2010

Charice sings Note to God

uploaded by odc2006

Charice Power of Dream Gala 9 198x300 Charice to Perform at Power of a Dream Gala on May 18, 2010Charice Power of Dream Gala 10 199x300 Charice to Perform at Power of a Dream Gala on May 18, 2010Charice Power of Dream Gala 4 228x300 Charice to Perform at Power of a Dream Gala on May 18, 2010

Charice Power of Dream Gala 3 210x300 Charice to Perform at Power of a Dream Gala on May 18, 2010Charice Power of Dream Gala 2 203x300 Charice to Perform at Power of a Dream Gala on May 18, 2010Charice Power of Dream Gala 198x300 Charice to Perform at Power of a Dream Gala on May 18, 2010

Charice Power of Dream Gala 6 200x300 Charice to Perform at Power of a Dream Gala on May 18, 2010Charice Power of Dream Gala 7 200x300 Charice to Perform at Power of a Dream Gala on May 18, 2010Charice Power of Dream Gala 8 200x300 Charice to Perform at Power of a Dream Gala on May 18, 2010

Images from www.life.com and www.daylife.com

Charice and Honored Guest Photos

hover mouse over photo for Name or click for larger pic

Posted by Capofret

28 Responses to “Charice to Perform at Power of a Dream Gala on May 18, 2010”

1. chacaroy says:

The author wrote “This young star first came to ‘notoriety’ when Oprah gave her the opportunity to sing with Celine Dion​….”
    “Notoriety” means fame but in an undesirable way. Many celebrities have attained notoriety because of their behavior- they splurge, they party late, they over-indulge, they cast care to the wind and get drunk in public. Some of them make sex videos. All are notorious.

Charice is not notorious. She is a sweetheart every mother would want for a daughter, and a singer/live performer every non-envious, non-bias human being wants to see live at least once in her or his lifetime. Not me, I saw her once on 10/10 at Mandalay, and I will see her again same place 10/11. :=))

2. Thank you for keeping us updated. I really appreciate it and find all the information very useful.

3. gmloverboy says:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtGQ8HBT2iw charice sings note to god at power of dream gala amazing!

4. N- says:
    I just read in Billboards latest music news .She is # 8….43,000 copies sold!

5. snoscal says:
    I’m tired of going back and forth to HMV taking a chance to buy Charice album,but sad to say,Her album is not out in Hongkong yet..Huhuhu poor me. Please take a shots of this events….Keep rock’n Charice….LAB LABLABLAB u.

• MrAspirant08 says:

Don’t lose hope. hahaha
      Charice’s songs will invade Hongkong very soon!!! =)

6. mj says:
    you look great cha… can someone upload the videos pls…

7. jn says:
    Gosh, Charice looked so elegant here (yet) simple/natural…Anyways, hopefully somebody managed to take a shot of Cha’s performance on this occasion…would love to see it….Good luck Cha….it is hard to keep track with your schedule.

8. charicepost says:

• Tina says:
      I saw a photo of Charice with kids and they were wearing casual clothes in this event. She has to blend in and wear what’s appropriate for the performance. She was wearing something classy for the paparazzi.

• haynakuubosnanamanorasko says:
      Hello Fellow Chasters,

I don’t know if you noticed but Charice has been all over the place. I mean all over from New York, to Minneapolis, to Chicago, to LA, back to New York, then to Washington, and then back to New York again. She has been flying from one state to another. With an entourage of at least three (herself, Carl, and Marc) with airfare of at least 200 dollars one way, plus hotel accommodations, car travel to from the venue, meals, new clothing, and everything else than you can think of when you need to travel, you are probably looking at anywhere from 1000 to 1500 (maybe more) dollars each and every time they travel. That is just within the US. What does that tell you? It means that her management is supporting her big time. Big time! They are investing this much on her because they believe in her. And because they treat her and support her like the star she already is and as a brighter star they hope and know her to be, it also follows that one of these supports is a fashion consultant, on her label company’s dime, who suggests, approves, or probably even demands, that she wears this and that to this and that occasion. Do you ever wonder why she wears those high stiletto shoes even though it is very uncomfortable that she even had to remove them in Wango Tango and walked barefoot (love that by the way) and prevents her from dancing on stage, which she want s very much to do? This is an image of Charice that a major label company, like hers, is crafting for her to cater to the demographics that they want Charice to attract. Even if she wanted to and we know she wouldn’t anyway, because she is that humble and levelheaded, now is not the right time to be saying, “I am a celebrity and this is what I want to wear to this occasion.”

I know it is just your opinion, and that you are entitled to it, and that you are just voicing it out. I just wish that you think about it first before putting it in print because I know that when you do analyze it, you would eventually realize that there is a reason to all this “madness” that you are seeing in Charice’s wardrobe and for that matter, make-up, as well.

9. mingimiyao says:
    im lovin her looks lately.. does she have a new wardrobe stylist?

10. arz_bayani says:
    Thats what am talking about! rockin those HOT kicks (NikeHead)

11. CharisseToo says:
    I hope somebody can take a footage of Charice performance and share it with us. Pleasssse…

Is the sales report for Charice debut album already out? Hope we made the top 3. According to Charice manager, Europe and Asia usually waits for the outcome of the US sales before they plunge in.

Hopefully, as more people hear her songs over the airwaves and a new wave of Chaster starts budding, they will help keep the sales volume high. Let us keep promoting guys and keep the energy high.

To the top Charice!

12. N- says:
    CHARICE

“You are The Cirque du Soleil of Vocal Scale”.
    I can not wait to hear more vocal singing acrobatics from you!
    May you voice soar more…

NORMAN

13. mj says:
    Simply cannot wait!!!!

14. tito_ngel says:
    It’s gonna be another mind blowing performance for sure tonight. Hope someone will upload this Power of Dream Gala event ASAP. Pleace. Thanks in advance, PEACE.

15. MARINITSKA says:

I’m so thrilled that Charice got invited to perform in this event. The audience will be the elite and respectable people who will be
    potential Charice fans. ‘Power of the Dream’ would be a fitting song.

16. makisig says:
    Did i read it right, Charice will appear again on Ellen this month? Wow! I’m excited to watch this.

17. eden belmonte says:
    WISH DF WILL LET HER SING “THE POWER OF THE DREAM”

18. luvkcha09 says:
    Wow to be in the company of TOP VIP’s. She’s already at the TOP. I’m sure DF is with her. I marvel at her courage and confidence and fearlessness onstage. Go girl, we are proud of you! Blow some socks off! LOL, if a roof blows off everytime you perform, the economy will bounce back – too much work in construction!!!

19. Granny in vegas says:
    I hope she sings Power of A Dream by Celine, The Truth Is, All that I need to Survive, In This Song,Thank You, since this is a mature audience. .

20. erniepep says:
    It’s so funny, I dreamed last night that Charice appeared in a big charity events and got a standing ovation from celebrities and respected audience however I was cut short of my dream. I visited yahoo but couldn’t find it, kept trying but no charicemania…where did it go?…I tried google and I found it at last which leads me to this article. Is it a power of a dream that sometimes leads us to something we ought to follow like Charice who persevered against all odds to reach the impossible dream? Since her dream starts to unfold beautifully, starting with her new album, are we seeing her dream up to Grammy? It’s not farfetched as I dreamed before that her Pyramid solo would reach No.1 in the Billboard and even wrote and predicted about it months before its official release and humbly wrote “I’m not a seer but David Foster is”. Congratulations Charice!!!

21. chakyun says:
    I´m really pleased that David Foster trained her how to perform first to more elite audience which gives her solid confidence to perform anywhere and to different crowd. Now that he will be her godfather soon, I´m certained that he´ll guide her closely way up to Grammy where Celine and Whitney had already achieved. I can´t believe how quickly it is, after only a couple of years where I´ve seen her in Korea. I still remember where I can find only her performance video only from 2-3 channels aside from FalseVoice channel then. Now I can hardly keep up, unbelievable! I am so excited to the next Grammy, just hoping I will not faint when her moment comes!

22. yoly says:
    Wow Charice with Dan Rather and all this celebriies, big time girl. What a wonderful world. Stay healthy. God Bless.

23. charicecrazy says:
    This is wonderful news. I hope she also sings “Power of a dream” by Celine Dion apart from her own songs of course like “In this Song”. I remember she sang that song so beautifully.

24. Joy Co says:
    Awesome Cha! I know you will nail it again. Take care Hija.

• rlf says:
      Hello Joy Co, i hope you remember me from My Space and i was the one who brought you here to Charicemania…

Now you can see how Charice had so far…!!!