Categorized | Appearances, Buzz, Interviews, Music, USA

Charice Sings at LA Live 3/19

Charice Sings at LA Live 3/19

CHECK OUT TONS OF NEW PHOTOS POSTED HERE >>
KIIS PHOTO GALLERY!

Charice rocked the house on the KIIS FM stage at Nokia Plaza tonight in L.A., home of Hollywood glitz and glamour, and was interviewed by DJ JoJo on his radio show “JoJo’s Top 9 @ 9″

She sang 3 songs from her new album (release date May 11)
- In This Song, Reset, and Pyramid !!!

Word is there were at least 1,000 people in attendance rockin’ the plaza at LA Live…
Then an autograph session with some excited chasters.

More video to come, I’m sure, which we’ll be sure to upload the best of ‘em for you as they come on line.

Lisa Erspamer, Oprah’s TV show producer, was in da’ house!!!
Afterwards, Charice was seen at Wolfgang Puck’s having dinner with Lisa, rumor has it, and others.

Lisa Erspamer tweets:
“Charice rocked LA Live tonight…so proud….call local radio and request Pyramid! “

Enjoy the fun and excitement of Charice’s show at LA Live! And especially the interview – DJ JoJo had some GREAT things to say about Charice -

“Remember this girl’s name… she’s bigger than Manny Pacquiao. I’m hangin’ with a superstar from the Philippines! If you haven’t heard of her, pay close attention… she’s about to take over L.A. and the States… “

At the Top Baby !!!!

The World is waiting for Charice to make her mark on the world. This is just the start!!

Autograph Signing
(videos uploaded by theeagleishere)

DJ JoJoWright tweets:
“Dude. Maddness down here @officialcharice signing autographs. @taiocruzmusic is a stud @ificandream hangin then back 2 Dream House 4 grub!”

Photo Gallery (click pic for larger view)

And L.A. Chasters – don’t forget – mouse over to request the song by e-mail at 102.7 KIIS FM !!

or Call the KIIS FM Request Line:
1 (800) 520-1027

JoJo says photos & video will be posted later at his website JoJo On The Radio…
follow him on Twitter for announcements!

Pre-order Charice’s new album now and have it delivered straight to your door on the day it comes out
Click for Details at Amazon.com (continental US addresses only)

For International Chasters, mouse over to Buy Pyramid with an iTunes Gift Card

Posted by Eve

52 Responses to “Charice Sings at LA Live 3/19”

1. Portia says:
    Oh, gosh, what can I say, I still have a “Charice fever” since friday night. Thanks for Noellen and DrTp for their prodding, I would not be able to make it on that wonderful night if not for them. The experience is so awesome, yup, it’s true Charice’s voice is hundredfold better sounding in live. I had more fun meeting Raquel and Carl sat beside me while we were observing the crowd and had pictures with them too, so also meeting some Chasters, just to mention a few, SideburnerSol, UCLA-UST, Tweety bird, Julio and others. Again, Noellen and DrTp I owe you much.

2. SideburnerSol says:
    Lots of great videos of Charice’s LA LIVE performance already on YouTube, each with their own special qualities. I was able to borrow my daughter’s HD camera that has a 12 X optical zoom lens and also has Dolby Digital Sound Recording. My videos can be played in 1080p HD, or any of the lower resolutions. Thanks to Chay Ocampo for his editing and uploading. Hope you enjoy viewing them!

P.S. I’m also writing a “Reflections” article about my experiences at LA LIVE! Lots to tell!

3. h3nr1_x says:
    Hello to all Chaster, being an avid fan of Charice I want something that every fans must have to own. Last Friday 03-19, before I attend Charice Nokia Plaza L.A. concert I made a sketch of her as my presence. I call it Charice Doll @ Star King Korea. After I handover it to Charice she said it’s cute! If this doll will materialize, all Chaster will be happy to have one.

4. Daniel says:
    Didn’t plan on attending this event but Charice’s “Pyramid” and “In this Song” subconsciously steered my car to downtown LA Live Nokia Plaza. Got there at 6 p.m. and spent 20 mins looking for parking. My camera in tow, I headed to Nokia Plaza. KIIS FM stage is already set-up and the crowds started to congregate closer to the stage. Charice appearance is not until 8 pm so I went to Starbucks close by to grab frapucinno and chicken sandwich.

While eating, fellow chaster Maria S. and her husband Renty came in (coming all the way from San Diego). We chatted for a while then headed back to KIIS-FM stage. We should see more write-ups on this event coz there were a lot of chasters present like: UCLA-UST, Ernie ( aka color4life), AlexD, Orangecountyfan, arzbayani from Vegas and others. As usual the majority of the audience were Filipinos (70%) and the rest were mixed ( Caucasian, Hispanics, and African-American, etc.). At last, Charice showed up on stage. She greeted the audience and she started singing. First was “In This Song” (I took a video but the guys in front of me kept on raising his camera blocking my view). Second song was “Reset” with a Tagalog rap blended in followed by “Pyramid” (she did the rap part of Iyaz).

Since this is a FREE Event promo for KIIS-FM, the set up was very casual. As you can see from the video, people in the background were walking around and chatting while Charice was performing. Even the mic went dead after singing “Reset” and they have to fixed the technical problem. Charice looked very hip with her hat on and leather pants and of course her high heeled shoes (looks like the same shoes on her Pyramid album poster). Autograph signing followed and I was the tenth person in line. When I reached Charice signing table, I wanted to get a picture taken with her but I was ushered out by one of the bodyguard …he said”we have to hurry up due to a lomg line”. So I sticked around and planned in getting another poster autograph and picture taken with Charice.

While waiting for the line to get shorter, I went behind the stage and met with Mommy Raquel and Carl. We chatted for a while and Mommy Raquel gave us insider scoop on Charice appearance. This is NOT OFFICIAl but Charice will be on Oprah and it will be broadcast on May 11 (date of album release). Charice might also appear on Ellen Show. No mention of AI appearance though. I also saw red headed Lacey Brown ( the girl eliminated last Wed from American Idol).

LA LIVE event made my night. Glad that I made the trip. To recap this experience: parking fee $7 dollars; frapucinno and sandwich free(gift card); hanging with fellow chasters, having picture taken with Mommy Raquel and Charice, watching her performed on top of 18wheeleredy stage(heheheh)….PRICELESS ! !

• manang babes says:
      Thanks for sharing the inside scoop,Daniel, though it is still unofficial. It took a load off my mind, because our Charice needs it. Thank you, in advance, Oprah, her Fairy Godmother. I also hope we see her again on Ellen. These 2 appearances alone would boost her album sales. Her fan base should not be a steep pyramid with Filipinos at the broad base.
      BTW, I was also at the LA Live Event and it was a great experience.

5. jimfan155 says:
    This song “Reset” is so cha-ddicting. Another future hit. See you at the Grammy’s Charice.

6. marlyn says:
    I regret i was not there ;if only the announcement was done ahead
    of time , i could have requested at least 2 days vacation and fly to LA just to watch Charice ;it was a short notice only ; i can’t even ask somebody to work for me ; it was a great event, Chasters are up close to Charice . I like all the songs esp.In this song .

7. Ate Lina says:
    Congrats Charice!! You rocked the KISS FM mini concert last nite. Love all the song that you sang. Just hope that someone will translate the tagalog rap portion so non-fil. will understand. Nice of her to include that in Reset. Wala nang masasabi pa ang iba diyan na Cha is not patriotic. Looking forward Charice to all your upcoming gigs. I already pre-ordered your album fr. amazon.com. Lastly my thanks to Chelsea & eyesthere for you uploads and also all the pics that was posted by the dedicated CHASTERS. You’re all great ppl.!!

8. WebScribes says:
    WoW – I heard Pyramid on KIIS FM this morning! I listened to the JoJo show last night and he gave Charice great compliments – - veRy deserving ;-)

Charice was so natural, funny yet professional in her interview. Charice (college student) is obviously very intelligent!

Three songs from Charice’s new ablum, which is now available (see Amazon link in article above), and is full of hit songs. I just love the three she sang last night: In this Song; Reset; and Pyramid. Charice even did a Taglish rap in Reset – so talented.

Thanks to Charicemania.com for putting together all these great articles so F~A~S~T!!

9. jimfan155 says:
    Got up at 7am this morning but couldn’t get onto the CM website. Had to do a lot of running around before filming a wedding. Just got back at 6pm and said hello to my wife and daughter and got right on the computer.

I should be exhausted but I was able to get on CM and saw all these great videos. I am energized like you wouldn’t believe and have tears of happiness for Charice. Anyone who still has doubts about her being a star, I have no doubt whatsoever. Stay positive because it will happen. I never, ever guarantee anything, but with Charice I will break that rule. Have never admired a performer like I have for her. Best cover of Pyramid I have ever heard. Oh wait, this is her song – hey it’s not a cover it’s all hers. To the top, baby.

Thank you to all the uploaders for these great videos and thanks to JoJo for promoting her. Can’t wait for this type of promotion in New York. Just hop on and enjoy the ride. I’m telling you she will be heard and once you give her a chance, your hooked. Let the non believers fall to the wayside – eventually they will see the light. Stay positive – just a little while longer.

10. elle says:

• palaginghuli says:

I think the guy behind her, in green jacket was the DJ Jojo. I thought he was a little bit condescending too. I bet if it was Beyonce, he would already be supplicating on the floor. But no worries. Charice will soon be in bigtime league, and they will roll out the red carpet everytime she comes. She will get the RESPECT she deserves.

11. elle says:

12. jn says:
    Wow!!! Let’s make Pyramid stay on top….Good luck Charice and Congratulations…From the comments and vids, I definitely concluded that you’ve really rocked the house and gained new fans…keep up the good work …girl….

13. Fran says:
    For you basketball fans out there, this is CHARICE MARCH MADNESS as well. Imagine from her March release of Pyramid, hitting the music charts, countless of radio station plays, numerous gigs and various world print write-ups, and yet the month is not over. Let’s put her over the 2 million hits at YT by month-end and continue our campaign with the radio stations. Her “energy” is just beginning. The world is responding so “keep it going” as she sings in the Pyramid. Let’s journey with Charice to the top by doing our part.

14. Chelsea says:
    Wow! I’m so honored to have my videos featured on Charice Mania!
    This is so thrilling. Thanks for the positive messages!

I hope Chasters all over the world get the opportunity to see her perform live and up close like we did last night… not to mention meeting her as well! She’s something else, so talented yet so genuinely sincere and nice :]

Going to request “Pyramid” on 102.7 KIIS FM and 97.1 AMP Radio 100000x now ;) Hope you do the same at your local radio stations hehe.

• eve says:

hey Chelsea, so you are playecfan5244? yay! You got some great shots of Charice right in front. Thank You for the video, awesome!! How early did you have to get there for that spot? Looked like it was pretty jam-packed there in the plaza, long line for autographs lol. And not enough time! Hope they didn’t have to turn people away cuz Charice had to go on the radio with JoJo for the Top 9 @ 9.

Wondering if you overheard any comments from people hearing Charice sing for the very first time? Was there a good vibe that night? Thanks again!!

• Chelsea says:
        Hi Eve! Love your icon btw! No problem about the videos, sharing is caring ;) Welllll my mom, dad, and I got to LA Live at around 5:30 or so? By that time there were already some Charice fans walking/sitting around in the plaza. If I recall correctly, I took my spot in the front at around 6ish, when they started prepping the stage area and putting up the barricades. I figured I should stand and wait by the front before anyone else did. Two hours of standing was really no burden, since I’ve waited for appearances like that for longer haha Seeing Charice up close was already incentive enough.

She is soooooo tiny! It really is a gift from God for a voice like that to come from such a small person. She seemed pretty nervous (totally understandable because this was the first time she was performing by herself, without David, etc., I think?) and was mumbling through her intros and monologues a bit, but her singing was SUPERB! She sang,in order, “In This Song”, “Reset”, and “Pyramid”.

The wait for the meet & greet wasn’t very long, in my opinion. We met these two guys drove who all the way from San Francisco, but they ended up missing her performance because it started early, at 7:45… which was very unfortunate for those traveling on Filipino Time hahaha People were really good about queuing and not cutting in line, although, it was a little hectic the closer you got to the table because people were snapping pics of Charice. She did the interview with JoJo prior to her performance, so I’m pretty sure she met everyone who wanted to meet her. After we met her, we went across the street to check out Staples Center… and when we walked back to LA Live later, she was STILL there, signing and taking pictures ^-^ So nice of her!

Everyone was buzzing with nothing but good comments :] The only thing people wanted was that she sing more songs XD And that the event would’ve been promoted better… I heard they announced the event on 97.1 AMP radio (they played “Pyramid” on our way there), but not KIIS FM… which is weird because they were the ones sponsoring it? But I think as long as Charice gets enough requests, they will play “Pyramid”. LA’s KIIS FM has a lot of pull in the radio sphere because of Ryan Seacrest and whatnot, so Charice should get more exposure in due time.

As a 19 yr old Chaster, Oprah and David Foster cater to a more mature crowd and they can only do so much…so I think Charice needs to be on “Glee” or perform on an “American Idol” results show… those shows will help her expand her fanbase even more :] The world needs real talent like Charice now, not Miley Cyrus or Justin Bieber :P

Sorry for this essay of a reply, but I had such a great time yesterday haha Go Charice! ^-^

• Monkeydoggie says:
          Nice..! long long epic..! nyahahaha..! love the story indeed.!

• eve says:

Love your “essay” Chelsea, really, thank you for your reply. You get an A+ hehe. It’s really very satisfying to read about your experience and what a nice gal Charice is to accommodate all her fans past the scheduled autograph signing. It’s part of her appeal and hope she doesn’t change her sweet nature. And I’m glad you are one of her young fans and many, many more to come with the release of her youth-oriented album.

You are right, DF and Oprah are definitely for older audiences, but at least DF is pursuing collaborations with artists like Iyaz which is definitely a plus with the younger set. That’s a smart move for him, too, cuz Charice can then sell records to all age groups once she captures a younger following too.

I hope to see Charice on “Glee” and “American Idol” as well. But usually AI invites only established guest stars or alumni so I’m not really holding my breath to see her there. It would be such an honor if they invited her, though, a virtual unknown. That would really mean a lot as far as Simon Cowell recognizing a talent to share with their audience and she’s not even a contestant or a star! Because he wouldn’t be doing it for the ratings, that’s for sure. Most people still don’t know who she is. So maybe she impressed Randy Jackson enough last night to have him pull some strings… cross our fingers.

oh btw I got the idea for my icon from my son who has all the Pokemon trading cards and knows ALL of their names, one that happens to be my namesake! yeah, i thought it was cute lol

• capofret says:

@Chelsea wow! your report..i mean reply.. was complete..(including your age). i feel like i was also there. i love reading this.haha..

hmm..im also waiting for the GLEE tv appearance/performance or AI..that would really be cool. Randy Jackson is a fan of charice..so that might help in getting her in the AI show. (crossing fingers)

yes, we need more exposure for charice on teens..

btw thanks for your reply and videos..love them…

• Becky says:
      You’re so lucky Chelsea. Yes, I can tell that Carice genuinely loves and cares for her fans. She’s very exceptional and sincere. I am glad you had a good time.

• Chelsea says:
      *hopefully now this reply thing works hehehe

Thanks guys! No problem about the videos, sharing is caring ;) Welllll my mom, dad, and I got to LA Live at around 5:30 or so? By that time there were already some Charice fans walking/sitting around in the plaza. If I recall correctly, I took my spot in the front at around 6ish, when they started prepping the stage area and putting up the barricades. Two hours of standing was really no burden, since I’ve waited for appearances like that for longer haha Seeing Charice up close was already incentive enough.

15. pogipoints says:
    Congratulations to your 1st public promotion in the states for your upcoming first album Charice.
    I really like the Reset song theres something on it that hit a goosebumps.
    Go lady conquer the world of music.

Good day to all chasters around the globe.

16. eve says:

The article about Charice at the Celebrity Stars & Strikes Bowling Tournament has just been updated with new videos now available and an interview with Charice. Check it out…

Charice is the Girl!

Iyaz talks about Charice

Finally, SideburnerSol strikes again with exclusive scenes from the bowling alley:
    Interview with Brooke Scher and Iyaz

Also, a phone interview today with Charice talking about the New York Post article, in the Philippines with Mariel, Bianca, and Toni Gonzaga. It has English subtitles, yay!
    EL! Phone Interview

17. nikki says:
    This is the real nikki…..

I sent an e-mail to Jojo thanking him for inviting and guesting Charice on his program. I also asked him if he can play “pyramid” because he gained additional listeners and fans, they were Charice’s fans.

BTW, I am a very positive person, I always look at the bright side and if I hear positive comments I am elated but if I hear negative people talking I ignore them because they don’t deserve an iota of my time.

I always believed that if GOD is on your side whom shall you fear? You have the Ultimate Backer and that’s “DADDY” in heaven. I am happy for Charice because I believed and I know that she is sooooooooooo Blessed! GOD is sooo good to her. God sent Charice millions of angels and allowed her to meet the moguls of the US music industry and I trust them all. She is in good hands and I know that they were doing their best for her.

She is just starting to be known and I am satisfied because she has a very strong fan base here in the US and that includes my favorite site…CHARICEMANIA…we all call ourselves CHASTERS!

If you you are a negative person, you get It! You being unhappy and always have a heavy heart. You always look for mistakes on others and you are very unhappy if they are successful, (that’s jealousy and envy in short). I pity these people.

I am very happy for Charice for all her achievements and I am so proud of her.

18. Elbiz says:
    Pinoys are minority in the US, if she got the attention of the caucasian and others nationality then she have the chance to succeed. As I’ve comment before this not a boxing match in part some her pinoy fans have something to do with her success not in a way you listened to her song but on how some pinoys fans react to criticism and on how the way they behave during her performance. When somebody criticized it doesn’t mean they don’t like her, I have caucasians friends who watched her performance, they said she is great and a wonderful voice, but they have comments that have something to do with some pinoy fans which I think have an effect on her popularity, I would say “sayang ang opportunidad”. I’m sure she could improve her interview session anyway there’s enough time to make an adjustment and also learn from constructive criticism.

• marie says:
      @ Elbiz : Actually, Filipinos along with other Asian groups (S. Korean, Chinese, Japanese,etc) are one of the fastest growing minority groups in the U.S. ~ we even have our own census brackets =P. So, I don’t think our opinions are not as important as other dominant populations groups ~ with that said , I do agree with you that Filipinos cannot raise Charice’s popularity alone. She has to be clearly recognized by other cultural groups in the country. I’m waiting for that moment and I’m sure they will come around in due time. About Filipinos’ fan reaction ~ I think it’s a cultural thing coming from family values from the Philippines. They are just merely protective of her because they’ve began to see her as “family”. I think there isn’t anything wrong with that =) . However, I also think some fans shouldn’t answer “crabs” anymore because it’s just going to perpetuate more negativity. I know other chasters know that, but we can’t control everyone’s actions.

• Elbiz says:
        Thanks to your positive response Marie, you have a point. For me I’m just concerned that an opportunity of a pinay like Charice slipped away. I’m proud of her, eventhough I’m a mixed race. I know all chasters were doing a great job.

• Joy Co says:
        Very well said marie. That’s exactly how I feel about Charice. She’s a family to me and I’m a big fan second.

19. Lucas says:
    Hi Tina,

I was listening on-line last night and I agree with you. However, KIIS FM Radio, at their discretion, limited “live” feed for broadcast. Probably due to copyright, license, etc, etc. Charice was only a guest at the radio station had no control over the program and live feed. From YouTube posts, tweets, blogs, it appears there were quite number of people at LA Nokia Plaza to show support.

Someday soon Charice will be heading your way to “blow the roof” off Australia OPera house.

Cheers and have a blessed day mate!

20. justcharrie says:
    Congratulations Charice!

Charice said Pyramid has just been added on KIIS FM playlist today so we might be hearing it now from that station. More good things to come her way. Let’s be patient.

21. Tina says:
    I was a lil dissapointed. We waited and waited for her and they hardly interviewed her.. and worse, they didnt play pyramid!

But thanks to the chasters who came and posted the videos on youtube.. much appreciated.

I feel like complaining to the station about not playing the song when they made her sing outside.. her first public performance of her 3 new songs and they didnt even bother to play pyramid.. its quite insulting i think.

They will not let it happen in Australia.. thats for sure.

22. erniepep says:
    This is just a beginning of the better things to come. With all out promotions by Warner Bros. and Charice personal visits to all known radio stations and guestings on television shows in the U.S., her popularity will soar to stratoshperic level and thus enhance her incoming album to the top. Good job and God Bless, Charice!

23. pinay4charice says:
    Congratulations Charice! I’m just so happy for you!!!!! Can’t wait to get hold of your album. I know the world’s gonna go crazy for you because you’ve got an unbelievably pure talent and a warm heart! You know it’s funny because I’ve never really liked the type of songs that you sing (Witney, Miley, blah blah), but you’re like a drug, once I start to listen I can’t stop! hahaha Keep it up Charice! Much love from your home country! :)

24. lisbon says:
    Reset has the highest note that could blow away the crabs!lol

25. brad says:
    u kick up the floor baby!!!!!!!1

26. rambo says:
    congrats to the newly crowned pop princess. just a request: please upload also the recent videos of charice to youku.com. in this way i can also watch and download her recent gigs. there’s no way for me to watch her videos on youtube anymore coz it is blocked here in libya for over 2 months already. i see that archiemr4 (a chaster) also uploaded videos of charice on youku.com. so i would like to request archiemr4 if it is possible to upload these videos and other upcoming videos of charice on youku? thanks in advance. – rambo

27. Narita says:
    Whoa, pulling off Pyramid in a live performance is a Herculean feat, and SHE DID IT!

And thank you for that Tag-alog rap in Reset- so appreciated.

Congratulations Charice, so impressive!!!

There’s no stopping you now…

28. ABC says:
    Wow… Pop Princess Charice… unstoppable… amazing… Go Go Go.. Top of Pyramid..

29. Becky says:
    Congratulations, Pop Princess.

30. tsuki says:
    Charice, Congratulations! Another dream come true. At the top, baby. Labyo! Labyo! Labyo. from Okinawa, Japan