Categorized | Announcements, Buzz, Interviews

[Video Added] Charice was interviewed during the filming of the movie, “Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel,” where she plays one of the rival singers of Alvin and the Chipmunks in a school singing competition. It should be a wonderful opportunity to see Charice sing “No One” in the big screen. The movie was set to open in theaters within the United States on December 23, 2009.

Video taken from the website traileraddict.com, see link below:

YouTube Upload by theNH23

Posted by DrTp

66 Responses to “Reminder: “Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Sqeakquel” Has Opened in Theaters Near You”

1. I got this website from my pal who shared with me concerning this web
    site and now this time I am visiting this site and
    reading very informative content at this place.

2. ana says:

I’ve the movie but our charice appearance took about 4seconds only.

3. edgar says:
    alvin ,squekquel has surpass sherlock holmes, now in second place on box office report as of december 29. with a 12 million viewer daily survey..fox will be happy for a low budget film that make $87. million for first week.. will surpass other box office film. surprized??? no!!! this is because of charice.thought her appearance was too short.

4. muskrat says:
    As of last night, The Chipmunks Movie is third in ticket sales with 50 Million plus movie goers watched it. That means more than 6 Million people watched Charice, wow what an exposure. More Than 6 Million the first 3 days!!

5. Prince02 says:

‘Avatar’, Chipmunks lead worldwide box office.
    Family audiences spent $86.7 million on Fox’s “Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel,”. In North America, the film ranked No. 3 for the weekend with $50.2 million, also exceeding studio forecasts. Thanks to an early start on Wednesday, its tally stands at $77.1 million, taking its worldwide haul to $113.6 million.

6. vernie says:
    no 3 in box office rating. why? because of charice. its very dissapointing cz her appearance is too short. dont know what will be the rating next week?

7. gonerunner says:
    be content mydear chasters. imhappy for our princess. it was a good move in a way to market charice in the us. have you experienced tasting a good dish na bitin kayo…well you crave for more di ba. people would crave more of cha bitin ksi sila he he he good things doesnt come that easy. be patient chasters lol

8. Prince02 says:

Fox also released “Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel,” which opened at No. 3 with $14.5 million. The family-oriented sequel got an early start on the holiday by opening on Wednesday, and its total stands at $41.3 million.

9. lovelyrcf says:
    I saw the movie, not for the chipmunks but for cha. it was a small part and a little disappointing but she warned us so i was kinda expecting it. anyway, Quest Crew was there too! great job from cha and quest!

10. Chiboy says:
    Cool movie, kids can’t stop laughing at Dave and Bryan(Dave’s brother). The Chipmunks and the Chippettes…adorable. Charice is awesome even if its a short role. For a while there I was hoping Cha will win…but then again I was not the director. I realize it was a Chipmunks show. Go Alvin, Simon, Theodore and Charice !!! A must see movie for the kids and the young at heart.

11. dennis says:
    well, i spend big money to see charice with my 5 children and my wife. very dissapointing, charice apearance is very short and insignificans. if theyre going to show this movie in the philippine, be sure to show more of charice. they can re edith the movie so more of charice will be seen..im dissapointed..

12. cory says:
    I watch the chipmunks heere in Kansas the 23rd, I was so thrilled to see Charice in the big screen,even though it was a small part, that is how everybody starts first a cameo part then it becomes bigger. I enjoyed the whole movie, I don’t care what the movie critics say. i wtched to support Charice and to get entertained.

13. jimfan155 says:
    Great marketing strategy by the producers of this movie. Put Charice in for a few minutes and can you imagine the number of her fans that will see this movie now. But it works well for all parties concerned as she will get new fans from this exposure.

The Dream moves on to a new level. Go Charice.

• RodBelt says:

• jimfan155 says:
        Thanks for the heads up RodBelt. I thought as much when looking at the reviews of the movie and not seeing her mentioned, but I may go anyway just to see her on the big screen even if it’s for 30 seconds. Heck, she has given me more pleasure to last a lifetime in 2 years, so I will support her in any endeavor, when possible.

• RodBelt says:
          Hi Jim,

As I said in my first reply, no knack or disrespect for our Charice. I totally adore her and may even take a bullet for her, LOL. All I am saying is that because our expectations for her part in the movie may be too high based on her excellent performances in the past, many will be terribly disappointed with the movie. I don’t think her part lasted for even 30 seconds. The uploaded video by NH23 above is, by far, superior to the movie.

BTW, what is your take to my suggestion of a Charice-Susan Boyle collaboration? How can WE make this happen?

HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND MAY THE NEW YEAR BRING PEACE, PROSPERITY AND HEALTH TO EVERYONE!!!

• perla says:
            I just came from a movie theater where i watched the chipmunks. charice part was very small, she was focused just 10 seconds while singing, didn’t even show her singing the whole song because the more important scene (running scene) was the one being concentrated. but of course i didn’t expect her sceene to be long. the one posted here is longer. this is just a start, though. It would seem they created this scene (her singing scene) just to accomodate and expose her. for me, it was an honor enough. they could have done away the scene and it won’t change the story but they didn’t. For them, to include Charice in the movie no matter how small the role was is still a good marketing strategy.

• jimfan155 says:
            Hi RodBelt.

I’d like to comment but under the guidelines it would be off topic here.

Suggest you send the same question to the “contact” tab at the top of the Charicemania page, so you can get many opinions on this topic, if it’s accepted.

Interesting thought. Take care and Happy New Year to you and your family.

• allen says:

and another similarity:

Charice and Susan came from two of the largest English-Speaking countries in the world, Philippines and England. (As if, English speak English mostly. haha)

14. KL_Fan says:
    Merry Xmas fellow Chasters. Will gonna watch this movie in about 10 mins. :) what a special treat.