Categorized | Featured

How Did You Discover Charice?

How Did You Discover Charice?

Chasters, we would like to know how you became fans of our princess, Charice?  Please tell us your stories; where you first saw her, what caught your attention, what article or video drew you to her, and any other event you can share with us.

Thank you for sharing. Admin moved this article back up and put it in the spotlight because he has noticed several new visitors to Charicemania.

If you have not told your story about how Charice came into your life, we would certainly like to hear about it here. When I need my spirit uplifted, I peruse through some of many stories here. I get amazed all over again about this wonder named Charice and how she touched all of our lives.

She is an inspiration to us all.

Submitted by Max

Please enjoy some of these favorites submitted by chasters, that may make you laugh or cry, but for sure will put a big smile on your face:

290 Responses to “How Did You Discover Charice?”

1. April says:

I’ve always watched pinoy singing contests since then so when i watched the Little Big Star where Charice won as a runner-up i was like “that’s not right.” I believe she deserve to win to be the grand champion. I knew then that she’s going to be big one day. I’ve followed her appearances and always excited to hear her sing. Her powerful voice and her interpretations of a song are truly amazing that i cannot really see from the other competitors. I don’t want to out her opponents, but my point is that she has that quality of a singer and as a performer. She has the passion and vision which you cannot find in this generation especially for young adults who may seem to just take advantage of their fame (starting to act as you know) rather than becoming a good influence on youth . But Charice is one of a kind, a genuine person, who never forgets to look back and knows how to keep her feet on the ground. There’s so much to say about Charice, I am a fan and have always been. It’s just undeniably true that such a person like Charice can inspire many of us in so many ways – her being natural and her gift are tremendously changing many lives. My support goes with her and I hope that more people would be able to recognize her and her worth. More power to you Charice and good luck to all your projects.

2. Arabian Knight says:

I first came across Charice via YouTube in early 2008 when she was being compared to another Filipina singer who was making waves on Britain’s Got Talent. After the BGT contestant dropped out, my attention therefore was focused on Charice who continued to become popular. This got me to do research to find out more about her and since then I’ve been following her progress.

3. paz gayramara says:

It was my brother send me the video of charice during her guesting in Ellen show and from that day forward i became a chadicted,but before that their is a story behind.

4. jeff says:

i discovered her on starking.

since then, i started following every new videos of her on youtube.

someone mentioned chricemania on youtube

that’s why i discovered charicemania and bookmarked it

so i could be updated with what’s happening to her.

by the way, i was lucky because i’ve had a chance to watch charice perform live.

even though its only just once, and i called it LUCK.

hope i’ll have a 2nd chance to see her again and that would be DESTINY.

5. perla says:
    how i discovered charice? let me think. I used to be a subscriber of TFC and it was I think in 2008, Charice was a guest in Boy Abunda’s show, Boy and Kris.She was being by Boy about her experience in Korea’s show which gave way to her invitation from Ellen Degeneres. I didn’t know who this Ellen Degeneres was because I’m never the type who watches TV. I subscribed to TFC to cure my homesickness. Anyway, she was there and sang a couple of songs and I said to myself, that’s not new. There are many good singers out there in our country. But she struck me, though, because she was too young and they had this clip of Ellen Degeneres calling on national TV to let her come to her show whoever this was responsible for posting her Korean performance on youtube(this was False Voice). At that time, she was about to leave for the US for this Ellen Degeneres show. And then I looked out for her performance at Ellen Degeneres show. and since that time, I’ve been hooked on her. I never miss a day without opening Charicemania, the best stop to find out the latest on her. She’s my breakfast, lunch and supper. LOL! Germany is still hesitant to accept her but they can’t deny her long.

6. lancecobi says:

I super liked her during the Little Big Star days. She was my bet coz she has the most superb vocals among all the contestants.

7. cubbie says:
    I’ve been a fan of Glee ever since it was in pre-production/initial casting calls. I heard about the show first from an extended family member who is “in the business”, and learned more because two high school friends auditioned early on. Fast forward to Summer 2010…

I was traveling visiting college friends across the U.S. It was a way for me to relax before entering my first year of law school. At a friend’s in Texas, I saw a short blurb on TV about upcoming Glee special guest stars. I saw the name “Charice” & was intrigued by a one-name star. That same blurb mentioned she was a YouTube sensation, so the first thing I did was search “Charice” in YouTube. The top result was her “Note to God” performance on the Oprah YouTube channel, so I watched it. Now, I’m not a particularly religious person (spiritual, yes), but I was thunderstruck; it truly was like a religious experience. I think there had been about 2.5 million views at that time. I think I added another 100 views in a week! Let me tell you, I was so moved by her performance, I actually cried, something I just don’t do. AND I STILL KNEW NOTHING OF HER BACK-STORY AT THE TIME, so knowledge about the difficulty of her life wasn’t the cause. It was her voice, the way she emoted. I spent the next couple days in a frenzy, trying to learn as much about her as I could. The rest, as they say, is history. I’m hooked.