A whopping 70 percent of you voted for the 17-year-old singing sensation’s performance of her first single, “Note to God.” The Black Eyed Peas kickoff party performance came in second with only 9 percent of the vote. Charice had a big year in 2009, recording her first album, performing on tour with David Foster & Friends and appearing in her first film, Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel.
Nominees for the 2009 Best Oprah Show Musical Performance Category:
- “I Gotta Feelin’,” Black Eyed Peas
- “Haven’t Met You Yet,” Michael Bublé
- “Note to God,” Charice
- “Summer Nights,” Rascal Flatts
- “Don’t Stop Believin’,” Journey
- “I Didn’t Know My Own Strength,” Whitney Houston
- “You’ve Got The Best of My Love/I’m Every Woman,” Jennifer Hudson
- “How Sweet it is to Be Loved by You,” James Taylor
Congratulations again Charice and thanks to all the Chasters who voted for her.
Submitted by AnonymousFanatic; Posted by Schoen
Possibly Related Posts (automatically generated):
- Vote Charice for Best Oprah Show Musical Performance
Charice debuted her song “Note to God” on the Oprah Show last May. To say it was an impressive debut...
- Charice Credits Chasters for Oprah Award
MANILA, Philippines – Teen singing sensation Charice thanked her fan base Chasters after she edged global singing stars in the...
- Will Charice Beat Whitney, et al, in Oprah Poll?
Charice is competing with Whitney Houston, The Black Eyed Peas, Michael Buble. Journey, James Taylor and others for Best Show...