Categorized | Appearances, Philippines

Charice Performs on ASAP 09, 11/29

Charice Performs on ASAP 09, 11/29

Watch Charice on ASAP 09 celebrating Pinoy Pride including Arnel Pineda, Apl De Ap, Lea Salonga, Jed Madela, Rhap Salazar and Efren Penaflorida, CNN Hero of the Year 2009.

“Our planet is filled with heroes, young and old, rich and poor, man, woman of different colors, shapes and sizes. We are one great tapestry. Each person has a hidden hero within, you just have to look inside you and search it in your heart, and be the hero to the next one in need.”– Penaflorida

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Video courtesy of TheJannie5

Lipad ng Pangarap

Video courtesy of abilidades

Charice on TRIBUTE TO EFREN PEÑAFLORIDA

Video courtesy of Ebsteebee

Posted by Schoen

23 Responses to “Charice Performs on ASAP 09, 11/29”

1. Jessica86s says:
    I remember posting a blog together with a video which was uploaded on youtube a few months ago which featured Charice and Ellen DeGeneres dancing to the tune of Janis Ian’s song, “At Seventeen”. Though some comments were true that the songwriter’s intentions and message were mostly lamenting her own unfortunate experiences at that age, and it seemed unfitting to associate the song to Charice because of its referrence to “The Ugly Duckling” being the main object. I would like to reaffirm my position and stand that it was and still is (even more so now) the best and appropriate song for Charice’s experiences. Those who criticized and felt the song did not fit Charice’s experience missed the whole point of my message, which also refered to the tale of the “Ugly Duckling.”

Charice’s life had exactly the same experience when she was rejected by the entertainment industry in the Philippines for exactly the very shallow reasons of “not having the looks or the personality”. This was the painful truth at that time while Charice was still very young and just as everyone, goes through changes and develops as they grow.

And the best part of this is, look at the “Ugly Duckling” now. Everyone was mistaken when they were insisting that Charice was the odd ball, looking so out of place. Of course she would look terrible and out of place. She was very young, but the major reason was that she was different from the rest. She was a swan and not the regular, ordinary duck. She turned out to be more beautiful, elegant, sophisticated, regal, majestic and most graceful and could do more spectacular things than these ordinary and mundane ducks. She does not belong in those dirty little ponds, over crowded with hundreds of other ducks which look the same. You can hardly tell the difference among them.

And Charice really stands out, more so now, I dare say.

2. jessica86s says:

Where’s my comment/reply to EBjohns11?

Anyway, hey girlfriend – EBj, isn’t it so nice to see and hear Charice sing this “Have yourself a merry Christmas” song with these two good looking guys who can sing very well too? It nakes me feel the Christmas nostalgia and that all too familiar giddiness in my tummy. Hehe. I must be falling in love. LOL. But with who? find me a bf girl, quick. I can’t stand another Christmas without one. haha.

3. RodBel says:

Love to see and hear Charice sing an inspiring Pilipino song. As for Efren, his message appealing to the conscience of the politicians aspiring for power in the coming election is so sincere and hopefully will not be ignored. Let us all HOPE, PRAY & BELIEVE that greatness can still attained by our beloved Philippines

To the uploaders: my sincerest thanks for sharing.

4. jimfan155 says:
    I don’t know what the heck she’s singing, but I love it. She gets more and more outstanding with every performance. She sure is looking classy and I don’t know about this cupcake business.

Whaaaaa, Charice is growing up before our very eyes. Thank you for uploading all these videos guys.

Congratulations to Efren as Hero of the Year. I’m Chinese and the Chinese calendar should have made 2009 the “Year of the Philipinno”.

5. amy says:
    i dont think that charice looks like a cupcake,she looks very pretty and elegant…i like her make-up,she really looks like a lady.love her style anyway

6. justin says:
    charice’ voice is much more powerful here.. I like it

7. EBjohns11 says:
    Wow – the last video was great – the international stars are together! That is really nice!
    Anyway – Charice is beautiful no matter what and U guys stop complaining about make up again – its getting OLD!

8. Ashley says:

9. Mamavi says:
    Joy Co, I’m not sure if I can agree with you with Charice’s make up. It looked like she’s wearing too much foundation or something. She’s got a natural beauty, and in my opinion, she doesn’t have to wear too splurgy make up on. This only happens everytime she’s on Phil. tv shows. In her US shows, she’s very classy, and natural. It’s very easy to notice the difference.

10. Joy Co says:
    That is nice of Apl Ap De Ap to fly to PI for the show. Shame, if not because of network contracts, perhaps Manny Pacqauio could have been invited to the show also.

Charice make-up is nice.

11. zeidrich says:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF8rovtW79s lipad ng pangarap with translation

• eve says:

how come I don’t see the translation? there’s no close-caption button either. Maybe it’s just my computer… sigh.

12. Alex says:
    Charice is the BEST. It was fun watching her perform live through hayag. She is Lady in Red in hyamlc. I didnt understand a single word in the tagalog song.. but I felt the chills and goosebumps even in my knees lol!

13. marlyn says:
    Another great performance from Charice .You’re so gorgeous . I like your hair with just a little curl like this . Take care !

14. marlyn says:

Another great performance from Charice .You’re so gorgeous . I like your hair with just a little curl . Take care !

15. jn says:
    thank you for elevating our existence….keep up the great work guys……Charice, you looked so stunning….yep,me too…i kept on looking on those high heeled shoes…..Anyways, I am so happy for all of you. Mabuhay!!!

16. zeidrich says:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1g0mKVvHew complete performance of asap…. APL AP JED Raph Charice Leah CNN-Hero of the year

• Johanna says:

thanks for uploading, I misses it yesterday. They were all great! Inspiration to all Filipinos. It makes you want to be a better person.

17. mpasig52 says:
    I’m so proud of you Charice. You give your best every time you sing anywhere in the world. You are indeed the “Most Talented Girl in the World”!

Take care of our health and good luck to your movie premiere and of course your much awaited first album.

You have my prayers too.

18. compassion says:
    Wow Charice can’t get my eyes off of your high heels you look so elegant.
    That, together with your voice print you’ll be the next super star just like DF have said. Be safe, enjoy and have fun. Can’t wait ’till you come out with your own song that you yourself have composed.

19. justcharrie says:
    Whew! What a performance! Goosebump again! That Tagalog song was so high but was so polishly delivered- goosebump inducing indeed! Charice stands out. I cannot think of anybody who can sing like that.

20. nodoubt says:
    she looks gorgeous and another superb performance!!!

21. grumpq says:
    hmmm… she looks different from her guestings in E-Live, UKG and Sennheiser but still the same amazing voice!