At the Fish & Co. restaurant at Shangri-La Plaza last Thursday, November 26, a video was shown of renowned musicians performing in jampacked venues. Beyonce, Nelly Furtado, Avril Lavigne, Rihanna and Celine Dion were all shown using Sennheiser microphonesai??i??the same brand that Filipina singer Charice is now endorsing.

Charice used a gray microphone Retail cost of flomax to sing the upbeat song “Fingerprint,” which she performed for the first time in the Philippines.

After her energetic song-and-dance number, the crowd immediately requested an encore. Before she performed another song, Charice chirped, “Ginaganahan ako kumanta dahil sa mic ko, e.” She then performed the songs “Note to God” and Beyonce’s “Halo.” [I felt so energetic singing because of my mic."]

On closer Panmycin over the counter inspection, one can see what makes the microphone special: it bears the signature of the singer and is encrusted with the patented Swarovski crystals. According to Sennheiser executives, only a limited number of these Charice edition microphones will be available in the Philippines.

How does she feel about being chosen by Sennheiser, a leading German audio electronics brand, to be its ambassador in the Philippines?

“Kinilabutan ako nung sinabi nila na next endorser ako, kahanay nina Beyonce and Celine Dion,” revealed Charice, because when she was only seven years old, she distinctly remembers wishing that she could have her own Sennheiser microphone. [I had goosebumps when they told me that I would be the next endorser, alongside Beyonce and Celine Dion,"]

“Nung nagsisimula akong kumanta [in singing competitions], nakikita ko iba-ibang kulay ng mga mic nila [her competitors],” recalled Charice. ["When I was starting to sing (in singing competitions), I saw the different colors of mics that they had (her competitors),"]

According to the website of the German company, customizing a handheld microphone with 2,300 crystals can cost up to $999 (around P47,000). Mommy Raquel http://colin-singer.com/cheap-aldactone-hair/ told PEP (Philippine Entertainment Portal) how she came up with the design for Charice’s personalized microphone.

“Binigyan kami ng mga designs, then ang pinili ko yung star. Kasi si Mariah Carey may sarili siyang mic. Sinasabi [ni Charice] dati, ‘Sana may sarili rin akong mic.’ Kaya napaiyak siya nung pinakita sa kanya yung mic kahapon sa pictorial.” [We were given designs, then the one I chose was the one with the star. Mariah Carey has her own mic. Charice used to tell me, 'I wish I had my own mic.' That's why she cried when they showed her the mic yesterday at the pictorial."]

On Oprah’s Upcoming Plans.

Since Charice considers American talk show host Oprah as one of her consultants, what was her reaction to the news that The Oprah Winfrey Show will stop airing by September 2011? [Click HERE to view Oprah's announcement.]

Instead of being saddened by the news, Charice excitedly told the press, “Actually po, nalaman ko nga po na 2011, ititigil na nga po niya iyon. Alam ko po yung totoong reason pero right now, ayoko pong maglabas ng kahit anong statement. Para kay Ms. Oprah, I’m so happy for her. Alam ko, may mas malaking mangyayari.” [Actually, I found out that she is going to end the show in 2011. I know the real reason, but for now, I don't want to make any statement about it. For Ms. Oprah, I'm so happy for her. I know that something bigger will happen.]

There have been news reports in the US saying that the “Queen of Daytime Television” is planning to open her own cable network called “OWN,” the Oprah Winfrey Network.

When asked if Charice will have a part in Oprah’s new plans, she replied, “Abangan na lang po natin. Pero nagkita po kami last week, kasi yung executive producer ng Oprah Winfrey Show, umalis na po at lumipat sa Los Angeles… hindi ko na sasabihin kung bakit. Kinuha niya ako as the surprise guest para dun sa executive producer. I’m not sure kung may possibility na ipalabas sa show or baka sa website ilagay kasi pang-Christmas yung ginawa namin.”Ai?? [Let's just wait and see. But I actually saw her last week because the executive producer of the Oprah Winfrey Show is already leaving to relocate to Los Angeles... I won't say why. She got me as the surprise guest for this executive producer. I'm not sure if there's a possibility that it will be shown, but maybe on her website because what we did was for Christmas."]

On Rhap Salazar’s U.S. TV Debut.

Last November 17, Rhap Salazar appeared as a guest on The Ellen Degeneres Show, a feat that Charice did on December 19, 2008. [Click HERE to see his guesting.]

“Wow, nag-Ellen pala siya!”Ai?? ["Wow! He appeared on Ellen!"] was Charice’s reaction when she saw it on Twitter. “Nagkaroon nga ng standing ovation si Rhap… After ng show, tinext ako ni Rhap na biglaan pala ‘yon. Ang masasabi ko lang, ang husay niya pero nagbibinata na siya. Super galing niya!” ["Rhap had a standing ovation... After the show, Rhap texted me and said that it was unexpected. All I can say is that he is really good, and he's growing up into a young man. He's superb!"]

As for her own upcoming projects, Charice revealed that she will be going back to the United States this Monday, November 30, to have a pictorial for her first US studio album. “Lalabas na yung single by January 1 pero yung club version lalabas na by next month,” she says. “Hanggang December 12 lang ako doon then wala na ‘kong sked.” [My single will come out by January 1, but the club version will be out by next month," she says. "I will only be there until December 12 then I don't have anything more on my schedule."]

Her still-untitled album, produced by David Foster, will be released during the first quarter of 2010.

By Jocelyn Dimaculangan, PEP.ph news

[Thank you to NuWave Crew for the translation.]

NOTE:
Please note that the Charice Limited Edition DOES NOT HAVE SWAROVSKI crystals.
Posted by Eve

51 Responses to “Charice receives Swarovski-studded microphone from German company, Oprah’s Plans, and Rhap’s U.S. TV debut”

1. Whilst it is better to select 10 consecutive C responses than leave questions blank,
    do not change your answers because you don’t have enough
    Bs or think there will be more Cs. He acknowledges the importance in music for birds, but believes there is not conclusive evidence for
    music in sexual selection. In addition to becoming a really affordable alternative, it permits parents
    for you to make an effort to take part in his or her child’s training.

2. Telltale has planned five episodes for the second season of
    The Walking Dead, however they haven’t provided a firm release date.

On top of those the added problems when people have drunk excessively to the point their vomiting.
    Attraction marketing and advertising will be the main important to some profitable My Lead System Pro.

3. When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now
    each time a comment is added I get three emails with the same comment.
    Is there any way you can remove people from that service?
    Appreciate it!

4. The best way to do that is to contact one of our loan specialists
    and have a specific quote on your personal circumstances.
    The need of the hour is to reduce the monthly loan installment, to
    make it more affordable to the average homeowner hit by the recession, and that is exactly what President Obama’s home loan modification plan is tackling headon.
    Homeowners considering ways to get out from under an upside down mortgage may think
    buying a second home and abandoning the first one is a possible solution.

5. Miranda says:

Hello There. I discovered your blog using msn.
    That is a very neatly written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to read extra of your
    helpful information. Thanks for the post. I will
    definitely return.

6. Hey There. I found your blog the use off msn. That iss ann extremely well
    written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more
    of your helpful info. Thasnks for the post.

I’ll certainly comeback.

7. Having a Wi – Fi enabled camera lets you send things directly
    to where you want them to be. i – Pod touch allows you
    to connect to the internet whenever you want, play
    games, and do most of the tasks you would do with an easy to use portable device.
    Button flexible type going settings, the machine are
    constant; experience fully semi-automatic or fully automatic,
    semi-computerized manner two variables may exchange to
    and fro; using aggressive regulating piece of equipment,
    multiple-section principal decrease, reduce important living area, consisting of electronic
    updates ui.

8. At this moment I am going to do my breakfast, when
    having my breakfast coming again to read other news.

9. Your style is really unique in comparison to other people I have read stuff from.
    Thanks for posting when you’ve got the opportunity, Guess I will just bookmark this blog.

10. If you’ve tried using other skincare items from the division or drug retailers and they didn’t provide the success you’d hoped, transitioning into natural Argan oil skincare will be surprisingly protected, successful and cheap.
    I had seen several naturalistas on youtube promoting the use of a Moroccan Hydrating Masks therefore I decided to
    try it. Mix a drop of sandalwood oil with a
    minute amount of unscented moisturizer and apply it to your face
    to soothe your skin.

11. platform says:

Its because of these two characteristics that these types of balls are geared toward higher handicappers.
    Next you’ll see an upside down computer mouse asking you to right click.

Its portfolio includes over 30 game titles published
    on App Store, Google Play, Amazon and Facebook.

12. Front of house, a ventilation system removes smoke,
    keeps the restaurant or bar at a pleasant temperature and
    reduces humidity. Shuts down unit to protect regulator against spikes
    in inlet gas pressure. Also, an immediate
    tip to reduce flood damage is to determine the source of water entry and try to
    plug it.

13. The OSH Act requires covered employers to uphold these guidelines:
    •    Implement and preserve an Injury
    and Illness Prevention Program for the benefit of employees.
    1054: The two Christian churches, the Greek
    Orthodox and the Roman Catholic, hurled the lightening bolts
    of excommunication at each other, making it much easier to kill someone of the
    other faith and feel no pangs of regret. In fact, tourism is another key economic engine for the city, bringing in revenue of more than €10
    billion a year.

14. market app says:

The world is just about to see the last sunset of 2013 and
    hoping that the New Year will bring loads of joys and
    luck for them. This is the insertable kernel module which will allow you to run
    a VPN client on your Android device. No buttons, no extra camera functionality, just take
    pictures.

15. Carmella says:

Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you penning this write-up
    and also the rest of the site is really good.

16. These are in fact enormous ideas in concerning blogging.
    You have touched some fastidious factors here. Any way
    keep up wrinting.

17. swarovski says:

I have been surfing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any attention-grabbing article like yours.
    It is beautiful worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all web owners and
    bloggers made excellent content material as you probably did, the internet can be
    a lot more useful than ever before.

18. jessica86s says:
    Once again, thanks for the very informative post Eve. I have some questions though. Charice said after her pictorials that should end Dec. 12, she has nothing on her sched. What about the red carpet premier of Alvin and the Chipmunks 2 on Dec. 23? Don’t tell me that she’s thinking of going back to the Philippines again. I can just imagine the expressions on the faces of DF, Marc J and Lisa. hehe. But seriously, I think she should chill out here here this month and just wait for whatever activities the big bosses come up with for her. I hope she makes time to talk to the One Who’s been giving her all these blessings and making all of this possible.

Next is what does it mean when her signature mic limited edition does not have the swarovski crystals? Aren’t those crystals supposed to be the enhancers of the microphone that give them a better sound qualitly? I’m not that technically literate with regards to those things so I’d appreciate it if someone would enlighten me.

So many things are now happening and I’m sure a lot more will crop up in the near future and most likely they’ll happen very fast. I hope Charice takes care of her health and sticks around her mentors and within easy reach of her advisors in case things do come up in the whirlwind of all these activities which I anticipate will have a lot of effect on her career and journey to the top. Those plans of Ms.O may very well require Charice to go through some sort of training and schooling if I’m reading Oprah correctly and if those plans do push through. And I believe, those plans shall greatly depend on the way Oprah sees the little girl’s preparedness to accept bigger responsibilities.

Well I guess all we can do is pray for her and wish her the best of luck and success whatever is in store for her. I have a feeling that this is going to be a very big Christmas for Charice. Keep your feet on the ground little girl. Santa’s got some big surprises for you I think.

• Eve says:
      hi Jessica, yes Charice apparently told the interviewer on the latest posted article at CM, that she would be spending Christmas at home with family, flying back mid-December. Don’t know if she’ll be flying back briefly to US just to attend the Squeakquel premiere on the 23rd, but I would think so, it being her first movie and all. There’s also word going around that she’ll be performing with IYAZ on one of the rockin’ New Year’s Eve parties to be televised. That would be a lot of flying back and forth but, heck, some of us are seated in front of our computers for hours googling for Charice news and videos! (Guilty, hehe) And it’s actually pretty comfortable stretched out in first class accommodations on an airplane, with your laptop, psp or taking a snooze.

As far as the Charice Limited Edition microphone, the retail version does NOT have crystals on it. It would probably be too expensive in that case for the average consumer. In any case, the crystals have nothing to do with enhancing the sound quality. It just simply makes it beautiful and one-of-a-kind, hence, the company presented a Swarovski-studded microphone as a gift to Charice in appreciation for her services. We received an e-mail from a representative confirming this.

I’m so proud of Charice accomplishing some serious milestones at such a young age. She merely wanted to own a Sennheiser for herself some day, to perform with on stage like some of her idols. She topped that by far with her own signature microphone and endorsement deal at 17 years of age. Amazing and well-deserved.

• Jessica86s says:

Thanks again Eve.

I’m just so thrilled and excited at the way things are developing for Charice. At the same time, I’m worried about whether her health will hold up during this type of weather and hectic schedule. Snoozing on the plane is ok but nothing like a real bed, not unless she has that amenity included on her flights as well. If so I bet Mommy Raquel would love it. hehe.

Another thing that scares me is, did you notice how much Charice has grown and changed in such a short time? Matured I mean. I hope this is for the best and in the end, she’ll be happy. So far, no major disaster in her personal and career life, thank GOd for that. BTW Eve, are you from the LA area too? If you are, I think I’ll be seeing you at the FASO Christmas Show on saturday.

• Eve says:

Mother nature has a way of doing that to you. I watched the Charice video again, singing MY HEART WILL GO ON on the Oprah show, and there is quite a difference in maturity, but not surprising during these particular teenage years from 15 to 17. I’m experiencing it first-hand with my 2 youngest, now 16 and 18. All of a sudden, they’re taller than I am – my son sounds like a man, my daughter can vote, and they’re both driving, omg.

Charice will be fine. She’s resilient, imagine her traveling schedule when she was even younger, starting at age 7, basically nonstop for the next 6 years over the course of 80+ singing contests, in jeepneys or whatnot, even overnight as the contest dragged on with 100 contestants. This schedule is not anything that Charice can’t handle. You can relax ^^ She has mommy kel taking care of her, too. Another thing, I believe that Charice revels in this schedule. I mean, she’s doing what she absolutely LOVES to do, to entertain and sing. Look at how busy she keeps herself whenever she goes back home. This was supposed to be a vacation, lol, she’s been popping up everywhere and we chasters still get our video fix, haha! (Seen the latest HALO yet?)

I’ve been to LA many times, but I’m from the Bay Area. I live in Seattle area now, otherwise I probably would make the drive down to LA to see Charice again at the FASO concert. And I look forward to meeting you someday also Jessica!
          TGC, Eve

19. rocskygolf says:
    when it rains it pours, WE WISH YOU more & more blessing CHARICE, GOOD LUCK…

20. jimfan155 says:
    The Sennheiser endorsement is a great one, but obviously it’s not for the common person. They have to come out with one with Auto Tune, Auto Melody, Auto Harmony because this is one person you do not want to hear sing.

But here’s a suggestion. How about an affordable Charice Karaoke machine for the younger kids. I can see lot’s of sales for those who idolize Charice – oh, that’s me.

21. mingsfan says:

Several months ago, I stated here that I thought Charice needed to be very selective in her product endorsements, rather than take everything that came along, because they would have a major effect on her image. My comments were prompted by her endorsement of a particular product, which prompted a reply to the effect that Celine endorsed many products, so why shouldn’t Charice?

Well, I checked and found that, in fact, Celine endorses very few products. I could only find two: a high-end automobile and a rose that had been named for her. The fact that Celine endorses this Sennheiser mic speaks very highly of its quality, as she certainly doesn’t need the money.

So, in addition to the excitement of receiving the Sennheiser customized mic and the honor of being in the company of Beyonce and Celine, I think it very wise to follow their leads when it comes to endorsing a product (i.e., give it only rarely and only if you believe in it and it meets the highest standards).

I’m pleased that Charice has done so with the Sennheiser mic and I encourage her to continue doing so in the future — this will truly serve to make her even more “classy” than she already is.

22. Narita says:
    I was one of the lucky ones who were able to see the microphone personally, and believe me, it got me speechless!

During the Meet and Greet, there was a time when I was idling beside MomRaqz’s table, watching Charice joke around with Chasters her age.

MomRaqz and I engaged in some small talk about how Charice used to eat only instant noodles from breakfast till lunch till dinner and how fate twisted when one day, she became an endorser of that brand of noodles.

MomRaqz then said she had something to show me. She opened this long black box and there it was, the microphone. Well, they said it was “a microphone with crystals on it”, but the way the glitters blinded you, it was more like “crystals with a microphone in it”.

The irony was, I was wearing that time a Swarovzki swan pendant, their classic logo. I was about to show my necklace when I realized that beside the glistening collection of Swarovskis, the pendant was moot and academic. I changed my mind. :)

My take-away there was that MomRaqz is never too full of herself to share their stories and their blessings to others. And she still gets thrills with the many perks coming their way!

23. jn says:
    You deserve all these……I hope and pray that you will continue to be an inspiration to all….Your level-headed, down to earth and other great values will be preserved as you continue to strike the entertainment world…….Stay true to yourself and you will go far….Good luck and be safe….

24. daddy ron says:
    Congrats Charice! You deserve the very best in this world because of your humility and love for your family and God. Truly a good example that we your fans are so proud of. It would take another decade and generation to find another one like you. You are the NEXT ONE. Luv u! always :)

25. jimfan155 says:
    Congratulations on the Sennheiser endorsement. May it only be one of many you receive. You have earned everything that comes your way and I truly hope you will become an inspiration for all, as I pray you will always remember your values and not go down the path of many of the young performers around today.

I know Mommy Raquel will guide you, as she always has and you appear to be one of the most level headed persons that I have followed to date. Continued blessings to you and your family.

26. mindoro33 says:
    Where can I get that microphone?

27. marlyn says:
    Another dream come true again for our dear Charice.

28. allgringo says:
    Go, go, go Charice!!
    The sky is the limit….

29. NWC2 says:
    Note: English translation in brackets. – NuWave

Charice receives Swarovski-studded microphone from German company

At the Fish & Co. restaurant at Shangri-La Plaza last Thursday,

November 26, a video was shown of renowned musicians performing in jampacked venues. Beyonce, Nelly Furtado, Avril Lavigne, Rihanna and Celine Dion were all shown using Sennheiser microphones—the same brand that Filipina singer Charice is now endorsing.

Charice used a gray microphone to sing the upbeat song “Fingerprint,” which she performed for the first time in the Philippines.

On closer inspection, one can see what makes the microphone special: it bears the signature of the singer and is encrusted with the patented Swarovski crystals. According to Sennheiser executives, only a limited number of these Charice edition microphones will be available in the Philippines.

According to the website of the German company, customizing a handheld microphone with 2,300 crystals can cost up to $999 (around P47,000). Mommy Raquel told PEP (Philippine Entertainment Portal) how she came up with the design for Charice’s personalized microphone.

“Binigyan kami ng mga designs, then ang pinili ko yung star. Kasi si Mariah Carey may sarili siyang mic. Sinasabi (ni Charice) dati, ‘Sana may sarili rin akong mic.’ Kaya napaiyak siya nung pinakita sa kanya yung mic kahapon sa pictorial.” [We were given designs, then the one I chose was the one with the star. Mariah Carey has her own mic. Charice used to tell me, 'I wish I had my own mic.' That's why she cried when they showed her the mic yesterday at the pictorial."]

ON OPRAH’S UPCOMING PLANS. Since Charice considers American talk show host Oprah as one of her consultants, what was her reaction to the news that The Oprah Winfrey Show will stop airing by September 2011?

There have news reports in the US saying that the “Queen of Daytime Television” is planning to open her own cable network called “OWN,” the Oprah Winfrey Network.

When asked if Charice will have a part in Oprah’s new plans, she replied, “Abangan na lang po natin. Pero nagkita po kami last week, kasi yung executive producer ng Oprah Winfrey Show, umalis na po at lumipat sa Los Angeles… hindi ko na sasabihin kung bakit. Kinuha niya ako as the surprise guest para dun sa executive producer. I’m not sure kung may possibility na ipalabas sa show or baka sa website ilagay kasi pang-Christmas yung ginawa namin.” [Let's just wait and see. But I actually saw her last week because the executive producer of the Oprah Winfrey Show is already leaving to relocate to Los Angeles... I won't say why. She got me as the surprise guest for this executive producer. I'm not sure if there's a possibility that it will be shown, but maybe on her website because what we did was for Christmas."]

ON RHAP SALAZAR’S U.S. TV DEBUT. Last November 17, Rhap Salazar appeared as a guest on The Ellen Degeneres Show, a feat that Charice did on December 19, 2008.

“Wow, nag-Ellen pala siya!” ["Wow! He appeared on Ellen!"] was Charice’s reaction when she saw it on Twitter. “Nagkaroon nga ng standing ovation si Rhap… After ng show, tinext ako ni Rhap na biglaan pala ‘yon. Ang masasabi ko lang, ang husay niya pero nagbibinata na siya. Super galing niya!” ["Rhap had a standing ovation... After the show, Rhap texted me and said that it was unexpected. All I can say is that he is really good, and he's growing up into a young man. He's superb!"]

30. grumpq says:
    Where can I get that microphone?!