Categorized | Buzz, Editorial, USA

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

MANILA, Philippines — Musical sparks fly in Charice’s duet with David Archuleta: In the evocative, R&B-flavored cover of “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas,” culled from Archuleta’s “Christmas From The Heart” album, the Pinoy entertainer displays a more grown-up vocal texture that beautifully complements the “American Idol” alumnus’ bell-like pipes. They’re such a joy to listen to, especially when they trade one spotless set of vocal curlicues after another.

By Rito Asilo, Philippines Daily Inquirer, Zsa Zsa, Charice, Sarah lead bountiful musical harvest

Take a listen to: HAVE YOURSELF A MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS

uploaded by alexmusicblog

David Archuleta was interviewed by ABC News about his experience recording the duet with Charice. He was on tour at the time so they were actually unable to record together in the studio.  However, David recalls amusingly that “It was funny because she recorded first. So in her recording, she’d leave like little messages and stuff. So it was fun to listen to. She’s funny.”

uploaded by teamcharice

The complete 9-minute interview can be viewed here  Andrea Dresdale Interview with David Archuleta

Christmas From The Heart features 12 Christmas favorites as well as a new song Archuleta co-wrote, called Melodies of Christmas. The 18-year-old told MTV News that working on an original holiday tune came naturally. “It all happened so fast that I didn’t really think about it!” he said. “I mean, that was the last song we worked on and recorded. And it was all pretty much a rush.”

Recording at a breakneck pace that rivaled the fast turnaround of his self-titled debut last year, David still managed to sing in four different languages for the album. “I had never spoken French in my life until [singing
'Pat-A-Pan'
],” he said. The Latin in Ave Maria was more difficult to master, which is why Archuleta cited that track as the hardest to sing.

David also said that O Holy Nightwas no picnic to record, either, though he delivered a pitch-perfect rendition to an MTV employee when he went caroling around the office just minutes after the interview wrapped.

David Archuleta is getting ready to hit the road in support of his holiday album. The Christmas From the Heart tour kicks off in Salt Lake City on November 24.

By Jim Cantiello, MTV News, David Archuleta Makes Case for Christmas in October

Buy your album copy now or download an mp3 version at amazon.com.

You can listen to the entire album below. I loved it and decided to buy it! I love the selection of songs and arrangements, and David sings them all beautifully, my favorite of course being the duet with Charice!!

For your listening pleasure, enjoy the complete song tracks…   Christmas From The Heart

And, of course, Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas!

~Eve

10 Responses to “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”

1. jn says:
    So cool, as if you are listening to a voice of an angel…..Good luck Cha!!!

2. jimfan155 says:
    Being from NY and a lifelong Yankee fan, I’m here listening to Charice and David’s duet. The World Series is on and I just can’t stop from watching her videos, even though they’re not going anywhere.

What’s wrong with this picture? Nothing.

______________________________________________________
    ahehe,, Jimfan, I like you more, because you love Charice and Yankees,,, wah,,3-1, somebody will buy me a bread,…

Noellen

• Mercy says:

Jimfan, how are you? I am so heart broken right now, our Yankees lost last night. I hope they win tomorrow though. I’ll go to St. Patrick’s and light some candles for them. Well, and if they don’t, I have Charice’s videos to watch, they will sure lift me up.

• jimfan155 says:

Hi Noellen and Mercy

The Yankees Win. World Champs for the 27th time. Although I must admit when the LA Dodgers were still in it, I was thinking should they meet the Yankees in the World Series would I support them only because Charice sang the national anthem at their home opening day.

Glad it didn’t come down to that.

3. EBjohns11 says:
    i think ill buy the CD, got one song on Itunes and thats about it – heard the whole album at Rhapsody – i think its good to have one.

4. jn says:
    Thanks Eve for compiling and putting together the article vids of “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas sang by David and Charice.
    Two word stands on this duet especially Cha’s vocals here….so relaxing and refreshing……….Now, i can listen the duet here in CM…..but of course it is different when you buy it in Amazon or download in Amazon……You own it at the same time,you gave support of our little princess.

5. CARA says:
    YES they are such a joy to listen to,,,, listening to this song is so heartwarming,,,,so many emotion coming to me feeling love and secure,my imagination is running away hahaha i’m imagining like watching snowflakes coming down i’m in flannel pajamas drinking hot cocoa and fireplace lit,,, just pure bliss…. THANK YOU EVE !!!!!for being such a super duper chaster !!!ahhh one comment at YT made me laugh and the comment was “are you sure the title is correct merry and not marry? hahaha”

6. Portia says:
    Thank you Eve for this wonderful article, for sure I will buy “That” album, I’ve already been playing and playing, again and again, a lot of times and a lot of times Charice and David’s duet “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas”, it is so mellow, so refreshing, so relaxing and you feel so joyous and already in Christmasy mood.

7. schoen says:
    Wow! Eve, you´re so good! You know how to convert small things to big packages! (Hope I make sense again). I´ll greet everyone Merry Christmas later. Still early (lol).

Schoen

• noellen says:
      Merry Christmas too,, Schoen,, hahahah

Wow,, Eve, you are such a wonderful dedicated chaster,,, aheheh,, no sleep at all,.. ??? thank you eve,…

Noelen