Categorized | Editorial

Why Am I Proud to be a Chaster?

Why Am I Proud to be a Chaster?

certified chaddict 75x75 Why Am I Proud to be a Chaster?It is amazing how one girl with a big voice can bring strangers together.  People from different backgrounds and different cultures just chat along and meet up in cyberspace to talk about a specific topic… CHARICE. Admittedly, I was a bit hesitant to admit that I am a CHASTER. I have never been a big fan of a music artist before. I listen to music… yes. But it would be because of the music… not the artist. I also have this negative notion about “groupies” or fan clubs.  I’ve seen them shouting at shows like there is no tomorrow, and that can sometimes be distracting for the other fans. Also,  I’ve seen them do the most “fanatic” and humiliating things. I never thought I’d be one of those. I never thought I would be a big fan of a music artist.

It all started with a Charice video… “And I am Telling You, I’m not going”. When I accidentally stumbled upon that video on YouTube, I felt like what you’ve all felt at that time. It sent shivers down my spine. I watched video after video until I got so addicted.  Every time I turn my laptop on, I will immediately search for more new videos of hers. But of course, I was in the denial stage at that time. I still could not admit to myself that I am indeed a Chaddict. I could not even tell my family and friends what I was doing because I knew that they would laugh at me. I know for a fact that they are not going to be totally supportive so I kept telling myself that this is just one of the phases in my life that I have to go through.

But this type of secret can’t be kept hidden for that long. No matter how we try to hide it, it will just spill itself out. I know most of us try to maneuver or find ways on how to keep this “Chaddiction” a secret. Some would make sure that they have logged off on all Charice’s websites and YouTube videos before they leave their laptop on the table just in case someone would use it. Some would raise banners and shout during major shows but would strategically use their specialized maneuvering skills to make sure their faces are hidden from the camera. Some of us would make fake excuses to our family and friends when we go to a Chaster meet and greet because some people will just raise their eyebrows.

A couple of times, I left my laptop on with all Charice’s videos and website opened on the screen. And when one of my colleagues used it, they were all shocked with what appeared there.  And there was this time when I appeared on TV. My sister posted it in her Face Book and that brought a lot comments from our family and friends within seconds.  I told them I was going to buy some groceries even though my intention was to watch the mall show with some Chasters. I told them I was multi-tasking. The grocery store, after all, is located inside the mall.  They all laughed and my reputation was down the drain after that. LOL

Eventually though, I started to infect them with my Chaddiction and some of them started asking me if I could have their CDs signed. It just goes to show that there are a lot of hidden Chasters out there. They just don’t want to admit it. Someone once posted a very good article here a few months back, “What can you do for Charice Today”.  Well the most basic way to promote her is to start within ourselves. I realized that I should not be shy about being a fan of Charice, because there are more of us than we actually think.

Recently, we lost a dear Chaster and a friend to many of us… Kuya Uno. When an article was written about it regarding his illness, I was shocked with the sympathy and support given by the Chasters all over the world. Though, most of them have not met him personally, they all kept sending text messages, prayers and monetary support to the family. I was personally shocked that the comment section on the article reached 200 comments. I’m not sure if this is a record breaker but this would definitely make it to the one of most commented upon articles in Charicemania. The family could not even finish reading all the comments because they are overwhelmed with the support of the Chasters. Thus, they issued a statement instead:

“Dear Chaster members and friends of Anciano Uno,

We, the family of Anciano Uno otherwise known as Nonito Raymundo Flores or “Ding” as we commonly refer to him would like to thank you for visiting Uno as he lay in the hospital fighting a deadly malady which eventually claimed his life.

Further on during his wake we were consoled to see Uno’s friends visit him despite the torrential rain which poured relentlessly all over the place.

Your outpouring of sympathy and support in the forms of prayers, good tidings, donations, video tributes and physical presence helped sustain us as we cope with the terrible loss of our son/brother.

Only at this time do we fully appreciate how much Uno cares and loves you all as much as you love and care for our dear son/brother.

Please know your kindness during this hard time has meant so much to our family.

“ His charming ways and smiling face,

Are a pleasure to recall,

He had a kindly word for each,

And died beloved by all.”

Warm regards,

Anciano Uno’s family”

I remembered people from the Chaster community just popping in and out of the hospital to pay him a visit. One by one, they talked to him inside the ICU, giving him something to look forward to; like Charice’s forthcoming international album, or the “Alvin and the Chipmunks, the Squeakquel” movie. Even Charice, although she was not able to visit him personally due to her tight schedule, and the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the hospital has limited visiting hours, she took the time to record a video message for Kuya Uno just a few hours before she boarded her plane for the US. As she delivers her words of encouragement to Kuya Uno, you can really feel the sadness and sincerity she has for “Super” Uno! Unfortunately the video message never arrived to the hospital on time because he passed away a few hours after the video message was recorded. The family did watch the private video however, with Charice’s blessings.

During the wake, people just came pouring in. Even though it was Monday and all the streets in Quezon City were closed due to an event, Chasters still made it to the wake. They brought flowers and food to the family. Charice’s brother, family, manager and friends paid their respect to Kuya Uno and his family. Some even went there alone without any company. Several Chasters from other parts of the world were able to see him during the wake through a webcam. Even Charice stayed late just to see Kuya Uno and chat with the family through the internet. A few made video tributes in YouTube which were played during the funeral. Chasters that were close to him even made testimonials which became part of Kuya Uno’s eulogy.

After seeing Chasters in action, uniting and helping one another for Kuya Uno, I believe that there is nothing that Chasters cannot do when we put our minds and efforts together.  And I realized that there is nothing wrong with being a Chaddict. I have to admit that it was humiliating at first when everyone I know found out about it. Everyone was calling me Charice in public and everyone was teasing me about it. But if being a HUGE fan for a music artist happens only once in a lifetime, I am glad it happened to me and I am glad it was with Charice. Because now, witnessing what happened recently, I can more than say that “I AM PROUD TO BE A CHASTER”.

So to close this article with good and happy memories for Kuya Uno, the IIonggo Chasters (Chasters from Iloilo City) have decided to release a private video they made for Charice’s private viewing filmed last August 15th. As one of the sponsors, Kuya Uno asked the Ilonggo Chasters to record something for Charice that would make her laugh. When they brainstormed about it, the idea about the video was developed. It is meant as a good luck gift for Charice. Chasters wanted to give a gift that could not be simply bought anywhere. So since Charice is the one who is always performing for her fans, the Ilonggo Chasters thought that it was about time for the fans to entertain her. Not really their expertise, they tried their best though!

This performance is totally impromptu. Kuya Uno was supposed to give this private video to Charice when she went back to the US as a good luck gift for her upcoming album but circumstances changed. So the Ilonggo Chasters decided to make this video public because this is what Kuya Uno had requested before.  But the participants were a bit hesitant about it. So just a word of caution, if anyone knows the participants in this video, please do not mention their names since they would like to remain anonymous.

We have cried together for Kuya Uno. Now it is time that we should laugh together. Cry together. Laugh together. CHASTERS UNITE!

Written by: Tintol,  Posted by Max

You May Also Like To Read:

Charice: Are You A Certified Chaddict?

26 Responses to “Why Am I Proud to be a Chaster?”

1. TINTOL says:

hmmmm theodore… cameraman… hahahaha.. no comment… hahahaha chaster ikaw ay chaster, ipakita sa mundo… LOL i wonder who suggested the song for that video? LOL

2. ThEoDoRe says:

im the cameraman hahahah, i know all CHASTERS there in the vid personally hahahaha LOL…. great job TINTheOL :)

3. max says:

Tintol,

Those were very gracious comments you made in comment #22.

But I want to toot your horn here. For everyone’s appreciation, Tintol and some other dedicated Chasters really did a lot for Uno in his last days. Her group defied foul weather and horrid traffic to be with him. They would bring him Charice’s videos to listen to, talk to him, and just be there for him.

I didn’t know AncianoUno personally, but I knew he was a special Chaster even before all of the tributes he ultimately received. Tintol wrote the “Not An Ordinary Chaster: Anciano Uno” article at my request, and because Tintol wanted all Chasters to know him. At my urging, she wrote this article also.

Bless your heart dear lady. We appreciate you very much.

4. ebjohns11 says:

Dang, how could I miss this?? With my busy days, i prolly overlooked this and not read it. The video is funny and hilarious. I am laughing so Hard here LOL. Thanks you guys for sharing. That was a good idea for Uno to give it to Charice as a gift! This is priceless!! and you guys had fun! Chasters are always FUN anyway!
    Proud to be Chaster!

5. TINTOL says:
    Lolo Lando and Max

I think the ilonggo Chasters just want to have a low profile. They want the viewers to focus on the message of the video and not on the performers. Dont want any chaparazzis around them… LOL. Besides, its already a BIG step for them to actually show this to the public since this was supposed to be a private video actually. And the room was dark bcoz the gathering was held inside a karaoke room which is a dark room. I think Charice already saw this video. I got some chasters to DM her the link of this video and this is what she tweeted after (I hope she was referring to this video):

That is a POWERFUL video.. :) thanks for sharing chasters.. i love you all..
    1:31 PM Sep 13th from web

This is what MommyRaqz tweeted after:
    @ejadroba ok lng, npanood ko yung vid n gling ky uno , kakaiyak. Umiyak nga kme ni ming
    4:24 PM Sep 13th from Echofon in reply to ejadroba

Well it was not the reaction I was hoping for… It was suppose to be a gift of laughter but they cried instead… LOL

Cutiepraw, BeckyM, Narita and other Chasters from Uno team,
    Well you guys make me proud to be a chaster. I’ve known you guys for a short while but we make a pretty good team. Hahaha… eventhough you guys are chaster mommies already, I did not feel any age gap at all (eventhough I’m almost half of your guy’s age…shhhh!!!)

6. cutiepieraw says:

ohhhhh! very well said tintol and company.it made me more proud
    being a chaster. a BIG PROUD CHASTERS OF CHARICE….
    IT MADE ME PROUD BEING A CHASTER BCUZ OF CHARICE.what is her magnet why even we dont know each other personaly is we love one another and we care for each other.and bcuz CHARICE GAVE US ALL PILIPINO PROUD TO THE ALL NATION!!!!

7. Becky M. says:

Arvee @#18. Haha Arvee!

8. ArrVee says:

LoloLando, Narita: That video is dark because the singers are under the Charice Witness Protection Program.

Seriously, I’m sure this will bring tears to Charice’s eyes. Whether she cries laughing or if she cries because she is touched, the video will have sent its message. And that is, our heartfelt support of her, which we want to express, even if we don’t have the means to properly express them (e.g., singing). But I’m sure this will really touch her, inspire her and energize her for her upcoming performances.

9. ArrVee says:

Becky M.@17 – “(Lolo Ando I’m a CPA like you but still active in my practice, that’s why somehow I envy you for your relax status now,hehe)”

CPA – Charice Pempengco Addict?

Charice is really a fountain of youth for us all, regardless of our age.

10. Becky M. says:

I don’t know but when Charice hit me the first time, I know an avid fan out of me is born and a proud Chaster has become of me. Everyone in my office, most of my friends and family know that I am a Chaddict. And the way things are going I’m sure I would happily continue to be a Chaddict for the rest of my life. I’m already well on my years, a professional , with a wonderful family, but I can say that with the advent of Charice phenom life is never been more colorful for me.
    I love Charice so much and I tell the world what a proud Chaster I am.
    Tintol you’re one of the greatest Chasters here that makes me all the more proud to be called a Chaster. Yeah you’re right when you told one time that the people in the Charice community add to your inspiration to become one, and me too so proud of the talented Chasters here that many times I will just stand in awe as I would browse on their writings and shared videos( Hmmnn! like idol like fans?). Way to go Tintol.
    Hi to my Charice buddy Narita, Cutiepieraw, Pin, Java and more too many to mention, hehe.

I love my Charice community!

11. max says:

LoloLando,

Tintol would not even tell me who the Chasters were in the video, and I uploaded both the article and the video.

They sure are a quiet bunch, huh? hehehe

Good job, Tintol.

I hope after Chasters view all of the new vids from the Big E Concert, they come here and read this article because they will be so Chasterized, they will appreciate what you write even more.

12. narita says:

LoloLando,

Yes, I understand the room was too dark. These guys are proud but publicity-shy Chasters, I guess. And Tintol might get back at me if I answered your question in No. 12 so…I’m trying to keep my lips sealed hehe.

Well I hope in time we will all make ladlad haha!

13. LoloLando says:

To Narita…

For enlightenment, the room was too dark to recognize the faces of the singers….. Sorry, sometimes me and my mind only understand each other.

14. narita says:

Dear LoloLando (Comment No. 12),

I really really wanna answer your first question but I don’t want vengeance, hahaha!

I loved the last part- where they finally realized they were nothing less than a fan club- way to go Ilonggo Chasters! We’re with you! :)

15. LoloLando says:

Nice write-up, Tintol. Was that you in the video? Too dark for my discerning eyes. Guess what, you have to .. TAKE 5 OR 6 to really catch the essence of the song: CHASTERS for CHARICE are not afraid to show their face…. In all, this is just a start… In time maglaladlad din kayo to show your fanatical side….CHARICE FOREVER… Sounds good, doesn’t it?

16. nege says:

well 2 days ago,from a week or 2 being here and interacting with fellow chasters made me wonder to write an article like this -more likely to express the care and love i have gained from this community.i am Also Very Proud being a Chaster! as we all are “Chasters for Charice”. its a good thing that a friend of mine was checking on this site and catched my attention. Chasters and Charice made this aspect of my life unforgettable! -moments with chasters and charice put me on a diff. side on my self being in a Euphoric place and ends up being ecstatic!

>i said, whoa. they are Great People! they care for a fellow fan (Chaster) too. this group unites from people all over the world. and im Glad! for being a Chaster!

and im pratically eating my Breakfast in front of my comp. now to comment on Tintol’s article. @TINTOL thanks for your great article!

Have a great day everyone! :) This article just made my day!

17. mischokos says:

i never thought that ill finish reading this article…omg!!!
    for how many months been member here..
    ill never reads/comments any Article..
    im not really unto reading**..
    But this Article catches my eyes..

“same here”~~ first im denial that im Addicted to this Lil Lady..
    *i try to hide when im watching her Videos~~
    *try to use headphones when playing her music~~
    *try to frequently change my Password not to see my Edited Pictures of her~~

Everything i tried!! (Lol im *teary Eyed*)

But not anymore…
    Now..im am FREE..
    Showing how im CHADDICTERS to her…
    (to my Family..Friends..Colleagues..)
    Every sites i have shes there..her Name..Pictures..Videos..

I Am CHuper Proud of HER!!
    I Am CHuper Proud to be a CHASTER!!

CHAbyo CHAsters!!
    CHAbyo CHA!! :))

18. JAEdney says:

Hehehehehe hahahahaha I loved it!!! Awesome!!!!! Tintol great writing!!!!!

19. ABCD says:

TinTol… I could not say anything more, you are fully right in a description of “Being A Chaster”.. Anyway, congrats and I will give you another WoW”..

20. ABC says:

Wow.. TinTol… Wow.. A Very Nice Write Up about Being A Chaster. Kudos to you and keep up the good work… Again a simple way of saying Wow..

21. siane says:

indeed great job playmate! another crying article again! whaaa truly CHASTERS are talented.

22. Noellen says:

wahhhhhhhhhhhh TINTOL,,, thank you again,,, The video made me laugh too,,,

Here is another video from a Chaster, doing the same thing,, hehehe,,

23. ABC says:

Ha Ha Ha.. I missed that Pole… Anyway.. Osana Congrats…

As I said before, once you are called a Chaster, he/she will be a friend and a family of all Chasters, like Uno (R..I.P), he one of a kind Chaster.

24. marie says:

count me in… one of you too!!!

25. drtp says:

I needed that laugh! The video has really shown deep ties brought about by one greatly loved young lady! Also, great writing Tintol, you enhanced my self-acceptance as a Charice follower and further stripped me of all pretentions that life and society keeps on pressing upon me– truly inspired by Charice, who herself is unpretentious.

UNITE!!

26. osuna says:

i’m last, finally
    _____________________________________________________________
    Ha ha Osuna,

Do you want me to change that to “First” for you?

Just kidding, Max