Categorized | Editorial

Community, Family, Friend: In Union, We_Cha!

Community, Family, Friend: In Union, We_Cha!

circle of hands 75x75 Community, Family, Friend: In Union, We Cha!A few weeks after I became a chaddict, I began writing about Charice in an effort to keep my chaddiction at bay. My first article was posted here in Charicemania last July 15, 2009 (Charice: Proud to be Filipina) and that started my involvement in this website. Since then, I have been reading every article immediately after it gets posted, even trying to be the first to comment (without openly disclosing it, to prevent retaliation from avid pole chasers). Not until after a few weeks, in my fourth posted article, did I have the courage to finally admit to being a “chaster” (Love, Hate, and Indifference: Confessions of a Convert, Aug. 16, 2009). Little did I know that my declaration also meant something more…

charice loves charicemania11 300x224 Community, Family, Friend: In Union, We Cha!I became a member of a community bound together by the love for Charice. Exemplified here in Charicemania is a community of chasters who voluntarily (and within each one’s comfort level) carry on various roles, either as moderators, chatters, commentators, article finders, youtube link sharers, or simply lurkers. Regardless of role, young or old, newbie or veteran, all are united to support and defend Charice. In the process, aside for getting familiar with various usernames, I am also beginning to have a sense of people’s temperament and points of view.

Recent events, moreover, proved that this community is also an exemplar of a family. The passing of Anciano Uno, a well-loved Charice fan, was a testament of how our ties run quite deep. The man has evidently touched many people. And regardless of the level of affiliation to him, many mourned the loss and showed support.

Overall, the process of sharing thoughts and unifying for a cause, have been means for some to cross the virtual divide. I remember telling a recently established chaster friend how all these signify a lot of “firsts” for me – yet, it erased many of my misconceptions about internet sites, fan-based groups, chatrooms, etc. This community is not merely a group of virtual participants, but rather a community of real people; and involvement is definitely a prelude for friendships.

I wrote this piece as a tribute to four entities: (1) to Charice, for sharing her voice that initiated the love; for the inspiration to succeed against all odds; and for being the spirit that unified diverse individuals across the globe; (2) to Charicemania, for providing a venue for shared experiences and shared meanings that allowed us to establish one shared identity; (3) to Chasters, for pulling together in times of need and for sharing thoughts, videos, and news that make me feel that chaddiction is not a rare and unusual condition; and finally, (4) to Uno, who epitomized a true chaster, for being a true member of a community, for treating co-chasters like family, and for crossing that virtual divide and becoming a friend to many. In his passing, he ignited the flame that made me realize the true value of my declaration of being a chaster. May we keep that light shining.

To date, this has been my sixth article submission to Charicemania. Whether it has helped me contain my chaddiction- uhmmm, I’m not sure yet. But regardless, it allowed me to gain entry into this wonderful community, feeling a true sense of family, with newly established friends.

At this point, I will try to follow Uno’s lead and slightly step beyond the virtual divide. Contrary to what some have assumed in posted comments, although I am involved in health care, I am not a physician. Aside for being a Charice follower, my other major pre-occupation is teaching. So, to end, I give you a glimpse of what I do by leaving you a multiple choice question:

Written By DrTp

You May Also Like To Read

Not an Ordinary Chaster: Anciano Uno
A Fallen Chaster
Charice: Are You A Certified Chaddict
Charicemania Community – A Vision

53 Responses to “Community, Family, Friend: In Union, We_Cha!”

1. care seller says:

thanks for the interesting post, a good read, nice one.

2. max says:

Yobhtron and LoloLando,

I want you to know that we are planning another article for Anciano Uno. One of our Chasters is worknig on it now. So be heartened.

Also, I want to refer you to a letter I received from Uno’s family. I posted the letter in the tribute article “Anciano Uno, Not an Ordinary Chaster” comment #200.

Thanks guys for being such great fans and friends.

3. Yobhtron says:

@50-LoloLando, I second that. Final salute to Ding Flores.

4. LoloLando says:

I don’t know where to post my comment,but I just noticed that the CHAT BOX was renamed UNO’s CHAT BOX. To whoever thought and decided to pen UNO’s name, THANK YOU. Charicemania will forever be grateful for the deeds of ANCIANO UNO in furthering, fostering and protecting the image of CHARICE.

You will be remembered……ANCIANO UNO.

5. h3nr1_x says:

Charice have the Power to change every individual perception for better…may be..the entire World

6. drtp says:

#45 Haha Rom Remus, I definitely wasn’t expecting that you go beyond comparing their abilities to inspire – otherwise, chasters (including me) will hunt you down!

7. drtp says:

#19 alexd, I am so looking forward to Nov 5… See you there!

8. ArrVee says:

Rom Remus@45
    - go for it! I’m sure you can find another historical analogy you deem more appropriate. Looking forward to your post …

9. Rom Remus says:

#38 DrTp,

The comparison of their ability, at such a young age, to inspire a following from among a people cowed by their recent history, and the contrast of the power of a dream to the power of the sword – all because of a voice associated with angels – would make a stimulating post on Charice and Joan of Arc.

But I see a big road block ahead, like a huge boulder that fell on railroad tracks. None of us on this fan site would stomach the thought, even if symbolic, of our princess immolated for her bewitching voice.

Witch trials belong to another time but the fate of Joan of Arc, even with subsequent rehabilitation, is too tragic to contemplate in a fan site like ours. It took 12 years for a quick wit like Mark Twain to write about Joan, of whom he was obviously a diehard fan despite the centuries that separated them. But then, of course, he wrote to provoke a skeptical world not to a fan site.

10. Noellen says:

hehehe,, DrTp… but I wanna follow you too,, I mean in twitter… I am afraid I will be chaddict forever,,, and of course a chaster too,,,

Labyo Charice…

hello KV.., henri_v and lolo lando and lolo JP… missed you here… and another cup of coffee is coming…..

11. DrTp says:

#41 and #42 Noellen, Charice is really fortunate to have Chasters like you who “console” her when needed- hard enough to be a teen this day and age. Also, I’ve been a Chaddict since May 18, Charice writer since July 15, confirmed Chaster since Aug 16, and a Noellen Twitter follower/following since Aug 17!

12. Noellen says:

And I voted,, All of The Above,,,, though I wanna change Defend to CONSOLE,..
    Charice and some chasters (including me )made the twitter world into chat room yesterday,,, Okay, I will put it this way,, When I was 17, one “I do not like you” sentence is so hurting,I feel so worthless,, how much more when there are numbers of those and others,,, I know, what Charice feels about those bashful words she receives, to the extend of thinking to delete her account on twitter,, good thing, Chasters united in consoling her, that Chasters are million more than her detractors,..

and to Max,,,,you are Max the Monster for taking the first 8 under this editorial,,, tsk tsk,,, heheh jokeeeeeeeee…

Labyo Charice

13. Noellen says:

Hello DrTp,,, hmmmm I thought you were a chaddict since 3 months ago,, heheh…
    Thank you for sharing wonderful blogs/articles,, this is your 6th and counting,,, Congratulations,,,
    Sometimes, I prefer reading blogs from a real chaddict chaster, for they write what they really feel,, no pretensions, no gossips,, its all pureness,,,

DR,,, when will you accept my request to follow you on Twitter??/ hihi

Labyo labyo Charice

14. odie052 says:

Another nice article DrTp. You always seemed to amazed and rock us all with your sense of never ending thoughts for Charice. Your certainly one of the big guns of Chaddicts that ever came here in Charicemania.

15. freezepudding says:

DrTp, I love all your articles…please keep them coming.We are all hungry for more…If writing about Charice helps contain your chaddiction, reading the articles in the site helps me contain my addiction. Can’t wait to see her perform on Nov 6.
    Noellen, hmmmmm what happened to you? Are you on vacation? he he he

16. drtp says:

#34 Rom Remus, “Cherish” is definitely a great one! Nice write-up and analogy too… it feels like a prelude to a wonderful submission for posting from you- If so, I’ll look forward to that!

17. maximus says:

what the heck is that top 1-8 max, your a record breaker eh i wish i could do that, maybe i change my my name to short one as in maxs well where’s noellen i cant believe shes not in top 10.
    DrTp u did it again im disappointed that ur not a physician by trade just joking, actually doesnt make any difference at all coz ur a dr of WORDs eh, well written article and i enjoy reading it and your a teacher too, wow thats a noble profession though, anyway keep on writing. about the multiple choice it should be 2 choices only all of the above and others. its up to chasters what they what to include in the above hehehehe. peace

18. Portia says:

DrTp as always that was a remarkable write-up about our beloved Charice and the communikty (us, the chaddicts)you hit the nail right on the head, and a big WOW to the overwhelming response of your multiple choice about being in a Chadddict community, yes I did choose all of the above, cause if you just choose only one it defeats the purpose of being a true CHADDICT. Great article and great responses, all of you should be a writer, you can pour everything in it.

19. ArrVee says:

Rom Remus@34 – that is very well put. You expressed it for me very precisely – “cherish” is the word that I was looking for, to put value into this moment of inspiration that she sparked in us, and to hold on to it as a keeper.

I would like to add that it is not just her amazing talent and fighting spirit that we should cherish, but also the less-obvious but nonetheless important lessons of her life example: her humility, respectfulness, genuineness, and ability to turn the other cheek when others assail her. It takes a person like her so worthy of respect and admiration to give weight to these core values we sometimes take for granted, or worse, interpret as negative when exhibited by ordinary people (i.e., they are seen as push-overs and treated as such), especially in the context of the Filipino culture.

20. Rom Remus says:

DrTp,

Good piece. Your sentiments resounded in many hearts. They did in mine.

On your survey I chose other and wrote “cherish.” Aside from its alliterative value, it speaks of non-possessive love, creative support, unflinching trust in her goodness, and unashamed hope that she could be instrumental in lifting the standards of her people.

Joan of Arc was 17 when she began a journey ahead of the French army as the commanding general. It was the march that freed France from English domination.

Joan was given the gift to hear voices of angels and she did not lack doubters and critics but she won most of them over. The turning point was her face-off with the scholars at the University of Poitiers. Mark Twain researched and reported that during the day, she was the object of a court that interrogated her and where she gave simple but non-refutable answers. At night, at dinner given by her host, she held court and won them by her charm.
    The verdict that she was a good Christian, a good Catholic, led to a groundswell of support and thousands of enlistees for the French Army.

Charice was given the voice of an angel and she did not lack critics and doubters. I like to think that, by now, she won most of them over. At 17 she led thousands of fans to share her belief in what Boy said: Dreams do come true. Now, let teachers dream that they are gifted to bring out the best in every child. Let politicians dream of cities, towns, and countries free from crime and poverty. Then let them do the best they can to make those dreams come true.

Joan of Arc freed France with the power of the sword and with the gift to hear an Angel’s Voice. Let’s cherish Charice and hope unabashedly that she may free her people with the power of the dream and with the voice of an angel from the habit of thinking too small.

21. tonz says:

Nice article Dr. T. Like all chadicts, am always reading anything and everything about Cha.

Also waiting anxiously for that album to come out. I don’t care what materials are included in it as long as DF and Cha did not forget to include at least two great ballads in it, worthy of our princess’s vocal and musical ability. I was mesmerized and consequently got addicted to that kind of performances and therefore I wish to be entertain with her cd/dvd along that vein. So, I hope, it’ll be so. Thanks.

22. Ranty Reyes says:

For me, all of the above is the perfect answer. I am fan of Charice( i dig her videos / articles daily too) but here at Yemen we are limited. Even our internets are kinda now you see it now you dont . Amusing hehe . Hence whatever we can share we will help but short . But we are here( me and my OFW friends ) to support Charice and the Chasters all the way. In fact we all eager and waiting for Charice album to release. More power to ALL.

23. Max says:

chafvl,

Way to go…..

Charicemania appreciates you for visiting the site, and even more for commenting. Your English is just fine.

It’s really nice to know Charice has great Dutch fans.

Welcome