Categorized | Announcements

HP Pushes My Backyard Campaign Through Education

HP Pushes My Backyard Campaign Through Education

my backyard1 75x75 HP Pushes My Backyard Campaign Through EducationHP pushes their advocacy of providing a greener and sustainable future with the IT company’s My Backyard campaign.

In partnership with Ayala Foundation Inc. (AFI), they help the students from the Center of Excellence in Public Elementary Education (CENTEX) by providing latest HP computers for their computer laboratory. This was presented on July 9 at CENTEX in Tondo, Manila.

HP funded the construction and development of a new computer room for the elementary school now equipped with HP Pavilion PCs, HP TouchSmart PC and HP Laserjet and All-in-One printers.

“CENTEX is a project of Ayala Foundation. One of its missions is to educate our scholars to be stewards of our planet earth, safeguarding it from abuse and misuse,” said Satjiv Chahil, senior vice president of Global Marketing, Personal Systems Group of HP. “Another mission of CENTEX is to graduate servant leaders who will set the best examples by their actions and leadership. I know that our new principal, Dr. Nellida Reyes, will take the leadership in fulfilling these goals.”

The CENTEX is a project of AFI, Globe, the local government units of Manila and Batangas and the Department of Education. The initiative is to improve the quality of education provided by public schools for those who cannot afford to go to private schools.

My Backyard is a campaign that includes community clean up, development of websites where students can customize it with their photos, essays and videos that feature environment related subjects.

The CENTEX students also composed an original song and music video, which was sung by Charice Pempengco. “I am so proud to be part of this advocacy and be able to inspire young people like me to help save Mother Earth, Pempengco said. “Ever since, I really want to take part in environmental programs that focus on the youth.”

Apart from Pempengco, singers Gary Valenciano and Arnel Pineda (of US pop/rock band Journey) are helping to campaign this project.

“Amid rising environmental concerns in the Philippines, there has been an increasing need for environmental consciousness especially among our young people. It is good that through HP’s My Backyard project, together with the help of CENTEX students, we have shown that even little things can make a big difference,” said Bernadette Nacario, country general manager, Personal Systems Group, HP Philippines. She further explains: “It is a commitment of the youth for a greener future for the world by being ambassadors of the message to become environmentalist, starting with their own communities.”

Here’s a couple of videos for your enjoyment, one of the recording and the other an ad campaign for the project.

My Backyard – the video for the campaign

Submitted by OMIE, by Remedios V. Lucio, Manila Times

13 Responses to “HP Pushes My Backyard Campaign Through Education”

1. max says:

Chasters,

There are ONLY NINE DAYS LEFT to enter Charicemania’s “DownLoad Note to God” contest. Wouldn’t it be a dream to take your wife or favorite friend to a meet and greet session with Charice, and watch her concert from some of the best seats in the house.

For full details and to enter please click this link:

2. EBJohns11 says:

I actually like this song. Im impressed.

3. Chamazing1 says:

NOELLEN hahaha don’t be upset!!!! try more to be alert than before!!!

4. max says:

Team Charicemania NEEDS YOUR HELP. If you have not yet entered the “Download Note to God” contest, you are missing a GREAT opportunity to win tickets to a Charice concert of your choice, an acoustical guitar autographed by our princess, and other great prizes. All you have to so to be eligible is complete the entry form in the article. Wouldn’t it be a dream to take your favorite wife or friend to a meet and greet session with Charice, and watch her concert from some of the best seats in the house.

It is easy to earn raffle tickets. There are two ways:

1. For every ten (10) NTG downloads, contestants will receive two (2) raffle tickets. This, of course, will cost you $9.90 US currency. NTG can be downloaded from amazon.com or iTunes.com

2. Write a post about this contest on your blog/forum and mention all the prizes with links to Charicemania.com and receive one (1) raffle ticket. This is the easy one. Simply “Buzz Up” from one of the “Buzz Buttons” at the end of the “Download NTG Contest” article.

3. Either way you choose, to complete the entry form, go to the page showing the results of your buzz or purchase and save the page as an HTML file. Click the Browse button on the “Proof of Payment” (file upload) line and upload the HTML file.

An email confirmation of your successful entry will be sent shortly after you submit the form. So enter as many times as you want, just save the HTML file to a different blog or media each time. Please hurry! The contest entry deadline is July 31, 2009 @ 12 p.m.

For full details and to enter please click this link:

5. LoloLando says:

From nobody to somebody, this is the embodiment of CHARICE. With her talent, she is now being groomed to spearhead worthy projects: a payback from all the goodness that God has imparted to her. Read your bible about the Parable of the Talent….

6. tony says:

Charice, you inspire millions, the young at heart as well as the oldies! keep inspiring and i’ll do my best to keep my backyard clean for our own health and for the goodness of mother earth.

7. benny65 says:

I am lucky, we don’t have backyard. he,he,he…. Where are the mighty ones? Noellen what is happening to you?

8. justcharrie says:

I hope this project will pursue until it reach every community and more citizens, young and old get themselves to participate. It is just a simple task if we think of it but it will have a great impact for our degrading environment.

9. joyco says:

This is really a good campaign to educate our young people on the importance of clean environment, and I find the song very appealing. Great job Charice. It is good to see you get invloved with projects like this.

10. noellen says:

darn,,, when can I really make it again,,, hahaha….

Hamilcar….. heheh you are a tough guard sent by Max??. heheeh

rawdeal67,, and kababayan,,,,, so near,,,

But I hope I will be the first buzzer…. yuhoo yahoo…

11. rawdeal67 says:

2nd time to be first!

12. kababayan01 says:

Am I the first?

13. Hamilcar Barga says:

I am glad that Charice is in the forefront of this worthy campaign.