Categorized | Buzz, Editorial

Charice PCM Interview

Charice PCM Interview

charice3 75x75 Charice PCM InterviewFilipino superstar singer Charice took some time our of her schedule to answer a few questions for PCM! Charice’s vocal talent was discovered by producers of the Oprah Winfrey Show via YouTube. Charice has racked up over thirteen million hits online and that number continues to grow! She is currently working on her debut album which is planned for release in the fall of 2009.

Q: It seems like things happened pretty fast for you, while quickly rising to fame on YouTube and then getting the chance to go on Oprah, what was it like to have so many of your dreams come true in such a short period of time?
Charice: It was an amazing experience! Im so grateful to evreyone who helped me and believed in me. It’s also important that I keep my feet on the ground and continue to work hard and do the best job possible- That’s my goal.

Q: There are a lot of videos of people singing on YouTube, would you suggest that people use YouTube as a way of starting off their music careers and would you say your famous YouTube video was one of the main forces that helped your music career get started?
Charice: Absolutely- I owe a lot to YouTube! It’s a great place for people to get noticed and share their talents with the world.

Q: How long did it take you to find out about your YouTube success?Did you know who FalseVoice was?
Charice: Yes, Falsevoice became my friend when he noticed me on Youtube. He is still my friend and I am very lucky to have him on this journey with. He is the best.

Q: International stardom is a hard thing to accomplish, what is it like to get the chance to sing all over the world?
Charice: I  consider myself still very much at the beginning of this journey and still have a long way to go. It was great to see difeerent countries and meet diffeerent people around the world. There are also a lot of Filipinos in all in all different countries so we always keep in touch!

Q: How was it transitioning from being home in the Philippines and living a relatively normal life to becoming famous and traveling all around the world?

Charice: It’s been a great experience! I still go home to the Philippines as much as I can. I am also with my mom and brother a lot of the time, so life has not changed that much.

Q: You have already gotten the chance to sing with several of your idols, but is there anyone else you would still love to do a duet with?
Charice: I want to meet and sing with Justin Timberlake! I love to dance so I think its gonna be fun!

Q: Who are some celebrities you’ve met so far? Is there anyone in particular you’re dying to meet?

Charice: I met Celine Dion which was my biggest dream. Performing with her at Madison Square Garden was unbelievable! I also met  my idol Andera Bocelli in Italy which was wonderful. I met Mariah Carey, another dream. I have met a lot of people at the concerts and Galas I have attended which was so fun.

Q: I’m sure now that more and more people are getting to know you it can be time consuming, is there anything you miss doing that you used to have time for?

Charice: I  still find time to do the most important things- spend time with my mom, my brother and chat online with my friends. I will always keep in touch with them.

Q: Dianne Warren wrote your new single, do you or have you ever wanted to write your own song? If so do you have any plans to write any?

Charice: I do write songs but Im not ready yet to show them to the world. I did play one to David Foster and he told me that I have potential. We will see.

Q: Do you get nervous before you perform?

Charice: Yes, I do! I use it to sing better and communicate with the audience.

Q: Have you got to meet many of your fans?

Charice: I always meet my fans where I go and this is very imporatnt to me. Recently, I celebrated my birthday with my fans- we had a party!

Q
: What’s one thing you’d like to say to your fans reading this on popculturemadness.com
Charice
: Thanks for being so supportive and listening to my music. Thanks for joining me on this amazing journey! See you soon.

Q: What are some of your goals for the rest of this year?

Charice: To record my album and really focus on the recording process and finding great songs. I will also have tours with David Foster.

Q: Where can fans go to find out more about you and keep on top of everything that is going on?
Charice: Please go to my official site Charicepempengco.com and my fansite  Charicemania.com.

Source: PopCultureMadness

Submitted by Xpac   Posted by Madz

20 Responses to “Charice PCM Interview”

1. max says:

Chasters,

There are ONLY NINE DAYS LEFT to enter Charicemania’s “DownLoad Note to God” contest. Wouldn’t it be a dream to take your wife or favorite friend to a meet and greet session with Charice, and watch her concert from some of the best seats in the house.

For full details and to enter please click this link:

2. max says:

Team Charicemania NEEDS YOUR HELP. If you have not yet entered the “Download Note to God” contest, you are missing a GREAT opportunity to win tickets to a Charice concert of your choice, an acoustical guitar autographed by our princess, and other great prizes. All you have to so to be eligible is complete the entry form in the article. Wouldn’t it be a dream to take your favorite wife or friend to a meet and greet session with Charice, and watch her concert from some of the best seats in the house.

It is easy to earn raffle tickets. There are two ways:

1. For every ten (10) NTG downloads, contestants will receive two (2) raffle tickets. This, of course, will cost you $9.90 US currency. NTG can be downloaded from amazon.com or iTunes.com

2. Write a post about this contest on your blog/forum and mention all the prizes with links to Charicemania.com and receive one (1) raffle ticket. This is the easy one. Simply “Buzz Up” from one of the “Buzz Buttons” at the end of the “Download NTG Contest” article.

3. Either way you choose, to complete the entry form, go to the page showing the results of your buzz or purchase and save the page as an HTML file. Click the Browse button on the “Proof of Payment” (file upload) line and upload the HTML file.

An email confirmation of your successful entry will be sent shortly after you submit the form. So enter as many times as you want, just save the HTML file to a different blog or media each time. Please hurry! The contest entry deadline is July 31, 2009 @ 12 p.m.

For full details and to enter please click this link:

3. odie052 says:

WOW! Charicemania seemed so very special to the princess. With her remark, and at that tender age, she knows how to bounced back with grace and gratitude from her supporters and fans. I felt more than that, sensed I was kissed by her. LAB YOU LAB YOU.

4. JonRes20 says:

Way to go Charice! Aside from talented, you’re really smart and humble. Keep soaring high and pursue your dreams. We’ll always be here for you. I suggest you spend most of your time there in the US and just make a quick vacation here in the Philippines from time to time. Lab you.

5. belle says:

Wow nice interview!!!

We love you Cha…

We will support you all the way.

Stay humble…

6. idolming says:

Charice, we love you so much bcoz you’re a real down to earth person who is without pretense!!! Youre so smart in this interview>>> LUV U! LUV U! LUV U!

7. EBjohns11 says:

Oh I like this =)
    Two of may favorite part was

1.Charice: I always meet my fans where I go and this is very imporatnt to me. Recently, I celebrated my birthday with my fans- we had a party!

—> She must be referrring the LAs Vegas gathering =) We were there!!

2.Charice: Please go to my official site Charicepempengco.com and my fansite Charicemania.com.

—-> Yay – is that amazing -

________________________________________________________________________

yesssss EBJ.. when i was editing the article (the fonts and colors) I was smiling ear to ear LOL. I cant wait to post the article to let everybody know that charice loved the bday party and mentioned Charicemania haha

MADZ

8. Chamazing1 says:

I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU

>>>>>>>> charice

9. mindoro33 says:

Thanks for this interview.. Can’t wait for the album..

10. pitbull says:

thanks for the updates. Charice is getting better everyday.

11. elsa from spain says:

Thanks madz for posting this interview…i love to hear, see and read articles of her interview…wowwwwww charicemania rocks.

Chao and thoughts of good health always for all Chasters globally and to our Princess Charice and her family.

12. AmazingCP says:

here’s the link – PCD: http://www.popculturemadness.com/interview/Charice.html

Great interview..wit photos

13. Marie says:

Wow!!!! Fantastic!
    Bravo Charice Bravo!!!

Cheers…

14. benny65 says:

She is really a good person, she is always grateful to all the people behind her success. I love you Cha! When will you adopt me as your father? he,he,he

15. KV says:

Wow!

Thank you, Charice for mentioning Charicemania!

We LOVE it!

All the best,

KV

16. monty says:

Charice is getting more and more exposures to the media.

With all the achievements that Charice have done so far for 2009 and her other upcoming significant events during the rest of the year, Liz Smith’s (Fox News Lips & Ears) prediction is right on target.

GO Charice!!!

17. YellowEngr says:

#1, I will be there!

Hehe…

18. noellen says:

Danggggggg,, I missed the pole,,,, heheh

19. abettertomorrow4 says:

Charice -The Chosen One

20. Edna D says:

I can’t sleep so I checked CM again and was so glad to read something new.