Categorized | Announcements

NOW 31 Tops Billboard Album Chart

NOW 31 Tops Billboard Album Chart

now31 cover 75x75 NOW 31 Tops Billboard Album ChartIn a week dominated by Michael Jackson sales, the compilation album Now That’s What I Call Music Volume 31 debuted at the top of the Billboard Album Chart selling over 169-thousand copies. The album features songs from Charice, Britney Spears, Lady GaGa, Jamie Foxx, Beyonce, Kid Cudi, P!nk, The Ting Tings and more.

According to Nielsen SoundScan figures, the top ten is dominated by debuts.

Brad Paisley bows in at number two with American Saturday Night, Rob Thomas’ new album Cradlesong is at number three and a new Wilco album debuts at number four.

The Black Eyed Peas fall from the top spot to number five with The E.N.D., while Jeremih debuts at number six with his self-titled album.

Metal monsters Killswitch Engage rock the chart with their self-titled album coming at number seven, while the virginal Jonas Brothers fall six spots to number eight with Lines, Vines & Trying Times.

Eminem drops four spots to number nine with Relapse and Lady GaGa continues chart dominance with another week in the top ten. Her Fame album has sold more than 1.1 million copies since its release six months ago.

Here’s this week’s Billboard 200 (week ending 7/18/09)

1. Now That’s What I Call Music! 31
  2. Brad Paisley – American Saturday Night
  3. Rob Thomas – Cradleson
  4. Wilco – Wilco (The Album)
  5. The Black Eyed Peas – The E.N.D.
  6. Jeremih – Jeremih
  7. Killswitch Engage – Killswitch Engage
  8. Jonas Brothers – Lines, Vines & Trying Times
  9. Eminem – Relapse
  10. Lady GaGa – The Fame

And that’s it for Top 10 debuts this week. What do you think of this week’s numbers?

Pick up NOW 31 on, Amazon.com

23 Responses to “NOW 31 Tops Billboard Album Chart”

1. You really make it appear really easy with your presentation but I find this
    topic to be actually one thing that I think I’d by
    no means understand. It kind of feels too complex and very wide for me.
    I’m looking forward on your next publish, I will try to get the grasp of it!

2. What’s up it’s me, I am also visiting this web page daily, this website is really
    good and the visitors are in fact sharing nice thoughts.

3. Fantastic site. A lot of useful info here. I’m sending it to
    a few friends ans additionally sharing in delicious.
    And obviously, thank you for your sweat!

4. winkzzzzzzzzzzz says:

love yah cha…da best ka talaga….!!!!

5. hmmm says:

What percentage does she get from the sales?

6. marlyn says:

I got my copy too ‘coz of Charice, i love it .

7. Joel Felix says:

Without a doubt, she contributes to the sale of the album.

8. yoly says:

Congrats Charice. You’re one of the best artist in the world. I know NOW 31 will become PLATINUM. God Bless. NOTE TO GOD IS A VERY BEAUTIFUL SONG. I love it……

9. Chuck says:

Guys, click the link http://sev.prnewswire.com/music/20090709/NY4393709072009-1.html Are you amazed by the sales records of NOW? This means Cha’s first debut Note to God is destined to be a collection item.

10. Daniel2 says:

i agree tony (# 12). i plan to do the same when charice’s first US album comes out. maybe CM could have another project that would collect all “gift CDs” from chasters to distribute to the deserving co-chasters who are temporarily unemployed.it’s good to own an original CD of Charice’s first international album so the gifts would be well-appreciated. where to buy the CDs, US or the Philippines, will have to be decided on the basis of chart impact.

11. lourdes says:

Most of the singers who are a product of singing contest can sing different songs of different singers . Like Charice, Regine & Sarah before they became professional singers. According to David F Celine D… sang Barbara Streisand songs before she had her own songs. PEACE

12. tony says:

now 31 album will go platinum wthout a doubt and in no time coz’ of charice NTG. got 2 copies for myself (its an old habit) but im planning to buy several copies of her debut album for friends and relatives. i hope everyone “chasters” will do the same to show our love for this well deserved young talent. PEACE!!!

13. LZ says:

According to this: http://sev.prnewswire.com/music/20090709/NY4393709072009-1.html, all of the Now series went at least platinum with the highest selling 4x platinum and Now 30 which debuted March 30 2009 went platinum, pending certification. Which means, based on sales history of the Now series and the fact that Now 31 went #1 on its debut, its fairly safe to assume that it will at least reach platinum status in no time. And guess what? NTG which is included in Now 31 will at least sell a million times over! In fact, it has already overtaken the sales indicator of Cha’s original NTG (the single) in ITunes! Nice!

14. Chamazing says:

Poor me I haven’t got yet any copy!!! I want one!!!!! ahhhhhhhh

15. joyco says:

congratulations Charice! This is another dream come true for you.

P.S.: Your version of I’ll Be There is awesome. I just love it. I hope DF will consider it as part of your album.

16. freezepudding says:

Wow! another great exposure for Charice.

Billboard also wrote an excellent review of Charice’s Note to God

17. max says:

André Le Marchal,

You don’t need a link. Just click on the Yahoo “Buzz Up” button at the bottom of the article. Then copy the URL address in your browser and paste the URL address into the yellow box and click preview. Then you will see the buzz button. Click on it to vote. That’s all there is to it.

Then click on the other buzz buttons if you want to send the article to your friends in MySpace, Facebook, and other media .

Buzz Buzz Buzz Buzz Buzz

18. EBJohns11 says:

I actually got the CD… =)

19. CPholic says:

wow #1 spot.. great…

20. orange says:

Hope this album remains on top of the charts for a very long time! Thanks for the article! =)

21. André Le Marchal says:

Nice post. I hope someone will send a link for yahoo buzz up. This will be a good buzz.

22. maria says:

That’s wonderful! I’m one from the over 169 copies who bought NOW vol.31. It is because of Charice.

23. tipenski says: