Categorized | Buzz, USA

Powerhouse vocalist Charice debuts first single called Note to God on Oprah

Powerhouse vocalist Charice debuts first single called Note to God on Oprah

charicentg 75x75 Powerhouse vocalist Charice debuts first single called Note to God on OprahJust over a year ago, a tiny little girl name Charice wowed Oprah’s audience with her larger than life pipes and vocal prowess.  It was like a munchkin had swallowed Celine Dion and Whitney Houston and they were calling for help.  Harmoniously.

Since then, Charice has gone on to sing with her heroine Celine at a sold-out Madison Square Garden concert, duet with Andrea Bocelli, and even signed a record deal.  For her debut single she teamed with none other than legendary songwriter Diane Warren and renowned producer David Foster.

You can’t really ask for more than that if your goal is to be the next big vocal “diva”.

Charice sang her debut single on a recent episode of Oprah and the resulting video clip has been flying from inbox to inbox with one question attached: have you seen this?

Personally, I think the song is a bit cheesy but it’s hard to find material for a young teen girl to sing – especially one with such an adult voice.  The first half of her performance is good enough to be impressive, but it really is the last half that makes it clear that Charice will be around for a while.  The last note, especially if you like American Idol style singing, is incredible.

Welcome to the spotlight, Charice

Source: Internet Buzz Examiner

Posted by Madz   Submitted by Krazy

25 Responses to “Powerhouse vocalist Charice debuts first single called Note to God on Oprah”

1. luvkcha09 says:

Cream always rises to the top. The beauty of internet and youtube is we now have a more even playing field. Now it is really hard to bury real talent (they tried that to Charice) but with the internet it is now exposed for all the world to see. The world welcomes you Charice!

2. Mamavi says:

I’ve never cried so much before for watching a performer, but my goodness, everytime I watch Charice’s peformance, I can’t help but cry, with joy. As a grandmother of musically talented kids, Charice is the best inspiration to the children around the world. She’s an excellent singer, performer, entertainer, etc. And, call it cheesy, but I thank God for the gift He’s given this lovely girl the best instrument.

3. ArrVee says:

“Personally, I think the song is a bit cheesy but it’s hard to find material for a young teen girl to sing – especially one with such an adult voice.”

Maybe you are expecting too much from her, based on her previous renditions of the benchmark power songs of the divas – these were used to serve notice to the world of her capabilities, and to launch her into stardom.

Now that her credibility is established, it is time for her to blaze her own trail and cast her own “fingerprint”.

If the song seems cheesy to you, it is for me a song that is designed for timelessness, something that people will not easily tire of over time. It softly and gently winds its way into your consciousness, until you find yourself humming the melody all day.

As well, let us not forget that it has a message, a timeless one at that, that is especially relevant nowadays; if ever, people will want to hear it just for that message.

This is a calculated release by David Foster, and he is the master in this business.

4. jessica86s says:

I don’t know if any of you guys realize how fortunate we all are to be able to witness the magic of Charice. As David Foster said,”only once, twice, maybe three times in a lifetime do we get to see this…” kind of phenomenon. I don’t think DF was just blurting out a bunch of BS just to say anything. This particular song and performance of Charice I believe had an extra or excess charge of that power and magic that it tore out tears from her eyes in the end. But you could see it coming from the gradual change in Charice’s demeanor during the song. It definitely affected everyone in the studio and don’t tell me all these were scripted. I wish Charice’s friends and fans all over the world get to see this debut as is without any editing. It’s something they deserve too. For me, this is a very special gift that I’d cherish and proudly share with the whole world.

5. I’ve seen Charice perform one too many times and it’s great. However, I always told myself that what she needs soon is her own original single. This is why, I am happy that she finally gets to release one. Congratulations, Charice. I am yet to listen to it, though…

6. krazyforyou says:

Note to God: Thank you God for giving us a gift in Charice. Thank you for the cheeseyness. Di ba comfort food yan. Smiles. So be cheesy and be comforted. Okay. Okay. Smiles. Peace.

7. justcharrie says:

I love the POWERHOUSE. I remember Good Morning America, the host called Celine and Charice as both powerhouse. Well, aside from being ‘cheesy’, the review of her performance tells Charice is already in the spotlight.

8. zeidrich says:

request to your radio station now. this is the only way to help her

9. 18wheelerey says:

good look…heheh
    i mean GOOD LUCK…

10. 18wheeleredy says:

i couldn’t agree more w/u jofell…
    good look to competition that’s
    all i gotta say…

CHARICE RULZ…

11. Hi guys, just want you to know that Charice’s single climbed up to #4th spot in US iTunes’s top downloads just after 1.5 days of her single’s release. Kudos to Charice and I don’t wish her any luck ‘coz she won’t need it. God is working on her career now and may she sing (and hit) more Notes for God and for us. :)

Here’s my blogpost about iTunes’s newest song and singing sensation: http://www.jofell.com/2009/05/20/charices-note-to-god-soars-high-in-itunes/

12. madz says:

to ELSA u can buy it at ITunes.com

13. LoloLando says:

The writer’s personal impression of this song, being CHEESY, created a wrong signal to buyers of the song. The message is one of love and peace, how come???

I think this writer is creating a stir when it ended with the words; WELCOME TO THE SPOTLIGHT, CHARICE.

But she has been since age 7!!!

14. elsa from spain says:

Tried downloading in amazon.com but had to cancel as it was i believe the availability is in USA as of this moment.. as i am here in spain, need help from anyone here…when will it be released here in Europe? Gracias mil.

15. songswain says:

So far, the majority of comments on Amazon are from first-time reviewers. :) Did you guys create the account just to put in a positive review? The real test is when the top reviewers put in their comments.

She did a great job with Note to God.

16. pete easy says:

I just downloaded Charice’s Itune “Note To God” on my Ipod ….
    How about you guys ?

Pete Easy

17. yoly says:

Hey Guys the song is already #2 On AMAZON #4 on i tunes, How about that, Maybe tomorrow it will be #1. I told you we can do it. Please continue to support our little Princess CHARICE. Congratulations CHARICE… the world is watching you. GOD BLESS. I love you all people.

18. JaYrOx says:

Yeah, baby!!!!

LABYO-LABYO!!!

19. bullseyejames says:

No doubt about it definetly she will be here for a long long time..

Bej

20. ebjohns11 says:

I love that – thanks to —> Source: Internet Buzz Examiner

Charice will be for a while!! I agree with ya!!!!

21. Max says:

Dang it, KV. I can’t watch her performance and watch for new articles at the same time.

I know, get two PC’s and watch both at the same time. ha

Frodo, I’m gonna have 18WheelerEdy knock you out. (kidding)

It was the defining performance for Charice. Now we have to keep the momentum going: buy, tell, notify, send.

What have you done for Charice today?

22. Frodo says:

Max, am I taking your post? Hope you won’t mind.

Just got a Charicevirus and can’t get over it!!!

23. kyotovisitor says:

Either Max is seriously practicing CHARICITY by letting everyone else be first or he’s gone catatonic from the all-night viewing of Charice’s NTG performance on Oprah …

KV

24. Frodo says:

Second Me!!!

Heals your heart and contracts CHARICE VIRUS! You’ll get stuck!!!

25. Frodo says:

Me First!!!!

It’s a kind of note that slowly penetrates your heart and heal it from all wounds of despair and discouragement!!!

Go Charice, heal the world!!!