Categorized | Announcements, Buzz

Charice: My mom is a ‘stage mother’

Charice: My mom is a ‘stage mother’

charice with fans 75x75 Charice: My mom is a ‘stage mother’Source: Sun Star

INTERNATONAL singing sensation Charice Pempengco (simply known globally as Charice) welcomed the criticism that her mother Raquel is a “stage mother.” Charice, during the launch of her second album “My Inspiration,” said her mother is a stage mother, but in a good way.

“What do you mean by that (stage mother)… because for me it’s good,” she said.

“For me, she dictates what I have to do. If she is not around, I will not know what to do. I am really comfortable having her at my side, doing the things she keeps doing for me,” Charice added.

Mommy Raquel, in a separate interview, also welcomed the criticism.

She said she has no bad feeling to be called as stage mother as long as she is doing what is best for her daughter.

“Stage mom, for me, in a literal way means I take care of my daughter while on the stage. If that is the case, yes I would admit, I am a stage mother,” she said. “I am a stage mom because I have a say on everything that was being done on her from her clothes to her make-up, because I want her to be perfect in the eyes of the people,” she added.

When bugged by controversies like this, Mommy Raquel said she usually gets strength from Charice. It is Charice who reminds her to treat intrigues lightly or ignore it until it dies out. “She always gives me pieces of advice whenever we are hearing rumors that are not true. Siya ang nagpapalamig ng ulo ko kapag galit na talaga ko sa mga paninira minsan,” she lamented.

Charice, on the other hand, said that she derived the quality of being a strong woman in the midst of intrigues from her mother. She learned how to be a tough girl due to the trials her family had hurdled in the past. “I always say this (in my interviews) my mom is a single mom. She stands as a father and a friend to me and my brother… We have been criticized a lot of times. Sometimes I saw her teary-eyed, but I am the one who is telling her to be strong and just to laugh the rumor off and that’s because I got that strength from her.”

Because of her inspiration to her mother, Charice has thought of dedicating her newest album to Mommy Raquel. “I admire her so much, that’s why I dedicate this album to her.” Aside from her mom, Charice said that “My Inspiration” is also for all the passionate mothers who work for the betterment of their family.

Produced under Star Records, “My Inspiration” has 12 revival tracks including “Always You” (Single Edit and Full Version), “Wind Beneath My Wings” (Pop Mix and Orchestra Mix), “I’ll Be There,” “You’ll Never Stand Alone,” “You Raise Me Up,” “Mama,” “In My Life,” “Through the Years,” and “For Mama.”

Charice also has a duet song with her mother entitled “You and Me Against the World,” which is also the favorite song of the young star in her album.

The “little girl” of Oprah Winfrey will also be releasing an international album sometime this year. It will be released under Warner Bros. Records and will be produced by Charice’s mentor, David Foster. On May 18, another episode of the World’s Smartest Kid in “Oprah” where Charice guested again will be aired here in the Philippines. It is where Charice will be launching of her first single in the States called “Note to God.”

Birthday wish
On May 10, Charice will celebrate her 17th birthday. She has only a simple plan for her birthday. “We will go swimming with my family today (Wednesday),” she said. She will then fly to the United States again on May 7. “Wala ako sa birthday ko talaga. May performance ulit ako sa States.” According to Mommy Raquel, she will be giving her daughter a Nintendo DSI, a portable game system, as birthday present.

“Mahilig kasi yun sa mga gadget. Binigyan na siya ni Oprah ng X-Box. Kumpleto na rin siya kaso gusto din sana niya yung latest.” (Jill Beltran/Sunnex)

Submitted by munzt

12 Responses to “Charice: My mom is a ‘stage mother’”

1. jovila says:

dapat lang maging stage mother c m.raquel no.knowing the entertainment bznes baka ma-exploit lang c charice..she still needs guidance,protection- morally,spiritually at saka she’s only 17 (next 5/10th) .

2. ebjohns11 says:

Charice and I have something in common, Xbox , PSP, Wii , gadgets. lol…

Anyone play world of warcraft?

Anyways… I havent been on the top 10 since Max and 18wheeler are racing. lol … Have fun u all!

3. karlrhue says:

i’m happy to be on TOP! at least for now! hahaha..

bon voyage ming & co., you’re pala for the states today! gbü

4. nuclear blast says:

Do you have any plan to put the x.box Mommy Oprah gave you on e-bay?
    I wish to place a bid if she signed it.

5. tyramaid says:

An attempt of translating(some parts) Pilipino to English

INTERNATONAL singing sensation Charice Pempengco (simply known globally as Charice) welcomed the criticism that her mother Raquel is a “stage mother.” Charice, during the launch of her second album “My Inspiration,” said her mother is a stage mother, but in a good way.
    “What do you mean by that (stage mother)… because for me it’s good,” she said.
    Mommy Raquel, in a separate interview, also welcomed the criticism.
    “Stage mom, for me, in a literal way means I take care of my daughter while on the stage. If that is the case, yes I would admit, I am a stage mother,” she said. “I am a stage mom because I have a say on everything that was being done on her from her clothes to her make-up, because I want her to be perfect in the eyes of the people,” she added.
    When bugged by controversies like this, Mommy Raquel said she usually gets strength from Charice. It is Charice who reminds her to treat intrigues lightly or ignore it until it dies out. “She always gives me pieces of advice whenever we are hearing rumors that are not true. She’s the one who chills me out when I’m sometimes really annoyed because of my detractors,” she lamented.
    Charice, on the other hand, said that she derived the quality of being a strong woman in the midst of intrigues from her mother. She learned how to be a tough girl due to the trials her family had hurdled in the past. “I always say this (in my interviews) my mom is a single mom. She stands as a father and a friend to me and my brother… We have been criticized a lot of times. Sometimes I saw her teary-eyed, but I am the one who is telling her to be strong and just to laugh the rumor off and that’s because I got that strength from her.”
    Because of her inspiration to her mother, Charice has thought of dedicating her newest album to Mommy Raquel. “I admire her so much, that’s why I dedicate this album to her.” Aside from her mom, Charice said that “My Inspiration” is also for all the passionate mothers who work for the betterment of their family.
    The “little girl” of Oprah Winfrey will also be releasing an international album sometime this year. It will be released under Warner Bros. Records and will be produced by Charice’s mentor, David Foster. On May 18, another episode of the World’s Smartest Kid in “Oprah” where Charice guested again will be aired here in the Philippines. It is where Charice will be launching of her first single in the States called “Note to God.”
    Birthday wish
    On May 10, Charice will celebrate her 17th birthday. She has only a simple plan for her birthday. “We will go swimming with my family today (Wednesday),” she said. She will then fly to the United States again on May 7. “I won’t be here (Philippines) during my birthday, I’ll have another performance in the States.” According to Mommy Raquel, she will be giving her daughter a Nintendo DSI, a portable game system, as birthday present.
    “She’s really fond of these gizmos, Oprah even gave her an X-Box. She already have all types, but of course she loves to have the latest.” (Jill Beltran/Sunnex)

6. noellen says:

darn… i just came back to walk my dog… charice’ mother is one of the greatest… happy mother’s day to all mummies….

7. Max says:

Dang, I go to eat dinner and you guys get my spot. Really I don’t mind. I like to share. However, 18WheelerEdy did an end run on me. He was to be on vacation for a week. You couldn’t stand being away could you buddy? If you are not a football fan, an “End Run” is a sneaky way involving diversion to slip the ball by you.

GM is cranking these articles out faster than I can catch them. Way to go, Admin team and Chasters. Life is glorious when this much Charice candy falls down on us.

Oh, one thing I have noticed about the articles today, none have called our princess pint-sized. I even saw one article somewhere here that used “petite”. Cheers for them.

Thanks muntz. I really like the related posts feature too.

8. tagie says:

Ay mali the spelling. sorry he he he.
    I’m happy enough to be the 4th or 5th

9. tagie says:

God bless you Charice for honoring your mother and all those who honor their’s. Great is your reward in heaven!!!!

God bless all the faithfull CHARSTERS TOO!!!!!!!

You all give me joy everytime I ready your comments..

10. Woody says: