Categorized | Editorial

YouTube Sensation

YouTube Sensation

flag 75x75 YouTube SensationDisclaimer: This article is based on another blogger’s personal experience upon discovering and meeting the sensational Charice at Las Vegas Mandalay Bay Hotel. This post is not based on a journalistic’s report or reviews, but an actual experience. This personal experience by this blogger will enlighten and touch your heart. Enjoy all…

By: Lovely Soul (View Profile)

Hello friends, for the past week I have been deliberating as to what topic I should write. Although I do have several ideas in mind, however, I can’t seem to make a final decision. Am I suffering from what they call … writer’s block?

During the past month, I have been swept away into this euphoria. I have actually been searching on YouTube.com for any performances of this little girl from faraway Philippines. Let me tell you how my latest craze all started.

In May 2008, me and three of my girlfriends went on a little spring time get away to Las Vegas, Nevada. We stayed in the posh quite expensive Mandalay Bay Hotel Resort/Casino. Since we split our expenses four ways, it wasn’t that expensive after all. So, one morning, while having a buffet breakfast, we happened to read one of the Las Vegas magazines. We checked what show is on that evening. There it was David Foster and Friends doing a Charity event to benefit Andre Agazzi and his children afflicted with cancer. So, to make a long story short, we purchased our tickets. Since we are guest in the hotel, we didn’t have problem and in fact was given preferential seats at a discounted price.

So that evening we dressed up and attended the three hour show. There was a long list of performers from Josh Groban, Celine Dion, Andrea Bocelli, and so on. Halfway, on the show, David Foster introduced this sixteen year old girl from the Philippines named Charice. Oh, let me tell you. You have not seen or heard anything like it. This girl belts out these two songs from Whitney Houston’s Body Guard CD and she literally blew the roof off the Mandalay Bay Hotel Theatre Auditorium. If I described that she brought the “house down,” it will be an understatement.

It was surely a big “WOW” moment. We gave her a ten-minute standing ovation. Then, she followed it by her powerful, soul full rendition of Jennifer Holiday’s classic “And I am telling you, I’m not going.”

After the song, me and my friends were all reaching for our Kleenex. We were all in tears. Not just a tear but we were in puddles. This young girl deeply connected with us. I happened to glanced at the people next to me and they too were wiping their tears. David Foster later declared “A star is born!” The audience agreed and gave another standing ovation and a thundering applause.

It seems that when the show was over, something has drawn us to stay and wait outside at the lobby to get a glimpse of Charice.

We shook her small, dainty hands and got the chance to talked to her for about five minutes. Too bad, none of us have a camera on hand. She speaks in a very soft humble manner. Definitely, this girl has charisma.

Her bright smile and polite manner got all of us talking about her all the way to our hotel room.

Later on, we read that she was going back to her home country. We miss her for some reason.

We were like four sisters missing our fifth youngest one. I am trying hard to explain that myself but I can not seem to find an answer.

So back to my daily life, I started looking for any news on Charice. I read a snippet of her young life.

She was obligated to sing in her home country at the tender age of four just so she, her younger brother and their Mom could have their next meal. They were abandoned by a violent father.

At age seven, Charice entered a singing contest but despite the obvious fact that she performed well, she got third place. That crushed her little heart. But her Mom continued to inspire her and trained her more to downright perfection in singing difficult songs from Whitney, Celine, Mariah, and Beyonce.

In a country like the Philippines, I was told that the children of the privileged, kids of movie stars or kids of the powerful, wealthy families, basically, those children were all getting preferential treatment in any sort of contest.

Having said that, you must be able to put two and two together. Charice came from the poorest of the poor.

They do not have any voice in a society where the downtrodden were being cast aside no matter how excellent talent you could bring on the table. It is always not good enough. And to add injury to insult, Charice herself declared that she was told by judges that she was not “cute” enough to win the singing contest.

I recalled last year during the World Summer Olympics held in Beijing, China, a ten years old Chinese girl sang a powerful song and was heard around the globe. People fell in love with the girl as her image was flashed on live TV around the globe. But later on the Beijing government admitted that the girl who sang was replaced because she was not personable enough to represent a Chinese girl. What a cruel way to treat a little girl with so much singing talent.

I became so driven to search for Charice in YouTube video performances that I even set up my own Channel and signed in as a regular member. Don’t ask me why. I do not have an answer. I just love this girl.

Somehow, now, I seemed to reconcile the fact that this young girl from faraway across the ocean was able to bring her countrymen all scattered around the globe together. Filipino ex-patriots living and working in USA, Middle East, Europe, Asia were all bonded together in one cause.

They all adored this young girl named Charice. Through the magic of modern technology called YouTube, Filipinos can’t seem to get enough of their new and upcoming Big Star, Charice. Please try it yourself. Please go to YouTube.com and search for Charice. My favorite is her powerful rendition of “Try it on my own.” and also the haunting, extremely difficult song “Run to You.” Let me caution you, you might get attached to Charice.

I am an American and an avid fan. God Bless Charice. I would like to visit Philippines someday, maybe; hopefully I will get another chance to meet Charice. Will she remember me?

If you liked this article, please visit the link below and vote
Source link: divinecaroline.com
Posted by GM, submitted by Mitch

47 Responses to “YouTube Sensation”

1. Chacaroy says:

Look at Charice now; she is no longer a caterpillar, but the most beautiful butterfly on stage. She is also very charming and charismatic,and very intelligent. She can unite the world by her performances.

2. Athena40 says:

I’m just captivated! Charice has touched so many hearts around the world by her life story and by her singing prowess. Bless you all for giving your all out support for Charice!! Lovely Soul, thank you for this beautiful article. Keep on writing, it may be your calling!

3. yuri says:
    thank you lovely soul for supporting charice. i follow all charice’s youtube videos and even charicemania blog. she is really a rare gem in this planet.. i am a chinese and a proud chaster

4. JBJ says:
    I love Charice so much, too!! I read your writing very well. Thank you LovelySoul!!! I wish I were there :(

5. yangho says:
    Hi lovelysoul ,
    I think you should check this page http://bolstablog.wordpress.com/2008/12/10/life-story/
    It’s all about charice, her perform, her life

6. yangho says:
    Lovelysoul, you’re a true fan.

7. LovelySoul says:
    Tuesday, 17 March 2009, Happy St. Patrick’s Day to All!!!

This in response to xpac query. As far as I recall, Charice was introduced about halfway in the show. right after Michael Buble and Blake Shelton. There were at least 17 first rate performers.

After Charice performed, she was followed by David Spade, a comedian, then, Andrea Bocelli and so on…The last one to sing is Josh Groban.

Charice is the only artiste’ to sing 3 songs. Andrea and Josh each sang 2 songs. The rest sang 1 song each. Hope this answer your concerns. Thanks. Happy St. Patrick’s Day to you and yours.

8. nikki says:
    Hi lovely soul,

I always find your name on YouTube defending Charice. You do really have a lovely soul. I was in tears while reading your journal about your personal experience with Charice. Charice does not have only a big voice but a big heart as well. Thanks to the influence of David Foster. Charice is just starting her career but she was able to share her blessings to many. Thanks for your kind words to Charice. I am also one her fans and I only met her and adopted her on YouTube. She was introduced to me by a friend who brought her laptop to the hospital while visiting her family. Since then, my daily life is not complete without visiting YouTube and Charicemania for updates.

To GM and others, I also found this site wherein Charice is a certified member of hollywood celebrities who does charity work. I don’t know but you might have found this already.

9. LoloLando says:

Hi Tipenski,

Thank you for your attached link. This is worth giving an editorial post in this blog. This is educational for beginners, knowing those voice range and sensing if a singer uses FALSETTO to hide his/her inadequacy. And most importantly, it will unmask those pretenders, which David Foster knew fully well by not giving them space in his stable of singers. I am afraid, he might end up with only one female to interprete those songs being processed in his mind at the moment.

Hi Admin, could we, please……..

10. tipenski says:
    Thanks for sharing such wonderful insights. Wonderful to know that so many people share similar sentiments on dear Charice. Personally, I am a fan mainly because knowing who she is, what she had gone through, giving it all in her performances and ‘experiencing’ her so many talents makes me want to do better on what I do.

GM and all, I don’t know if this has been posted but the review of this guy on Charice’s talent is spot on, I think. Read and see what I mean:

11. Thank you Lovely Soul for a very beautiful write-up about your experience after
    watching Charice in David Foster and Friends concert in Las Vegas last May 2008 …
    Most of us have the same experience … after listening Charice sings …
    I could hardly wait to see Charice for another follow-up concert of David Foster and
    Friends comes May 9, 2009 …
    You should go and visit the Philippines someday … we have a lot to offer … you will
    not regret it … for tourists inquiries just visit the Philippines Dept. Of Tourism website …

12. PHIL says:
    Lovely Soul:

I thank you so much for that very detailed encounter with Charice. Your article has encapsulated the essence of what one would call a Charice addict such as myself. As I wrote to you before, I do envy you for actually meeting and talking with her. I have not met her but I can actually feel through your writing… the sudden rush of excitement and bewilderment as one listens to the scintillating power and range of music emanating from this charming, petite girl. From the capacious range of I Will Always Love You to the last climatic note of And I’m Telling You, I was filled with unbridled joy, not unlike the elation felt by the attendees of that Mandalay Bay concert. I can imagine the cacophony of sound and fury as the audience clapped in unision with stupendous adulation at this unknown musical prodigy gathered along in the company of established superstars! One ponders the inevitable question from those who were fortunate to see her live performance…Who is that girl? Charice…Charice…A Star is Born, shouts the night’s honoree, David Foster. Charice…Charice…Charice…as the name builds to a crescendo and echoes in all the crevices of my mind…oh how the name beckons me!

Alas, it was only a fantasy that I live through your words tonight, albeit, a marvelous one! C’est la vie! Merci mille fois, Lovely Soul!

P.S. I know that medical studies is your stated endeavor but writing may well be your destined calling, my dear!

13. gravatar says:
    i remember Charice when the story came out about the chinese girl during the World Summer Olympics held in Beijing last year. the angelic face girl wasnt actually singing its just a lip-synching its not her voice. the real voice belongs to another girl who according to them didn’t have the “flawless” face needed for the extravaganza. when this news came out it hurts.. i know its not my own business anymore but it hurts maybe because i understand the feelings but i just keep quiet keep it to myself.. why?? because of your P________ A __________ just hide and buried your talent????? for me its not new anymore we are living in a world full of deceit ugliness conflict etc. rewards comes only to those who are patient those who have courage and determination and deep spirit in faith.. you have to work and fight as long as you are in the world Charice — if their is suffering and sacrifice there is a reward.. I Know that ___ is working with you..

14. carebear says:

i remember Charice when the story came out about the chinese girl during the World Summer Olympics held in Beijing last year. the angelic face girl wasnt actually singing its just a lip-synching its not her voice. the real voice belongs to another girl who according to them didn’t have the “flawless” face needed for the extravaganza. when this news came out it hurts.. i know its not my own business anymore but it hurts maybe because i understand the feelings but i just keep quiet keep it to myself.. why?? because of your P________ A __________ just hide and buried your talent????? for me its not new anymore we are living in a world full of deceit ugliness conflict etc. rewards comes only to those who are patient those who have courage and determination and deep spirit in faith.. you have to work and fight as long as you are in the world Charice — if their is suffering and sacrifice there is a reward.. I know that ___ is working with you..

15. hk p30l says:

I have been hoping and waiting for you to get into this project.

Merci beaucoup

16. jovil says:
    i think you have a warm and pure heart lovelySoul.you love people and know how to appreciate them.Thank you for sharing with us your moments with charice.

17. xpac says:
    Hi thanks for sharing Lovely Soul. I am still confused about the part where you said David Foster Introduced Charice halfway of the concert. I thought Charice was the 2nd to the last singer to performed. Anyway, i am very happy that there is someone like you supporting Charice all the way. Best Regards