Categorized | News, Philippines

Foster: Charice to be a ‘Global Star’ in a Year

Foster: Charice to be a ‘Global Star’ in a Year

Filipino singing sensation Charice added another milestone in her career after she performed at an Oscars after-party dubbed “A Night to Make a Difference: Oscar Night at Mr. Chow” on Hollywood.

Charice, who is now in the US to record her first international album, sang the Dreamgirls movie hit song, “Listen.”

But before her performance, Charice was introduced by her handler, international musician-composer David Foster. He guaranteed that Charice would be a global superstar in just one year.

“She is one of the most amazing talents you will ever see, and you’re gonna see history tonight, because one year from now, this girl will be one of the biggest stars on the planet, guaranteed 100%,” Foster said.

During the party, Foster also revealed that Charice started recording her album last February 21.

Charice even tried to sing one of the songs in her upcoming album, “Fingerprint.” But due to technical difficulties, Charice wasn’t able sing the full song since the CD skipped.

Charice also performed an all-time hit, “I Will Survive,” for the fundraising event.

Proceeds of the Oscar’s after-party will go to Leeza Gibbons Memory Foundation, Olivia Newton-Johns Cancer and Wellness Centre Appeal.

Source: abs-cbnNEWS.com Posted by Madz

12 Responses to “Foster: Charice to be a ‘Global Star’ in a Year”

1. Estong_Pusakal says:

“The Show Must Go On” No Matter What.

2. hermiemel says:

What happened in this event is one of those things that happens to all singers and all of us. As “Thomas Law” says, something will go wrong.

The most important thing is, it is not HER mistake.

With her fierce determination, Charice dusted herself and went back to the saddle. A true sign of professionalism that the crowd admired and at the same time was also disappointed for her.

As far as I am concern, everything is alrigth. They will all be mindfull from this day forward about small stuff and this “skipped” track fiasco. Charice is cool.

Yes, Charice will go on forward and survive this forgettable twice skipped funny experience and go on like her last song for the evening – I will Survive.

We love you Charice!!

3. Paul in OZ says:

I hope and pray you are right Chafan and that I am totally wrong.
    Like I said i respect DF and hope he has something better to come for Cha material wise.

However mistakes ARE often made in the Music Industry. Just listen to Celines big come-back sigle, showcased on Oprah , it dissappeared without a trace. Weak song and embarrasment to her talent.
    Yes agree hip hop market needed , but it still needs to be good song …no? oh well perhaps not haha.
    Anyway,
    Go CHarice Go!

4. chafan says:

This is in response to “Paul in Oz”.

Have you noticed that there at least 12 tracks in an album?! You may interprete Charice’s demo “Fingerprint” single as showing lack of vocal power but the single is a demonstration of her versatility. With Charice vocal power, I have not doubt that Mr Foster himself will include 2, 3, or more power ballads in the upcoming US-International album. The trick is to make the album a hit for both young and old. “Fingerprint” appeals to hip-hop young generation. Like I said, there will be additional tracks in the album so you will definitely get the power balads.

Some of Charice’s fans need to use their commone sense and stop writing nonesense commentary. This is David Foster (15 Grammy Winner) who is producing Charic’s international album for god’s sake.

5. Paul In Oz says:

I was afraid of this !

And I dont mean the skipping CD (and unforgivable that it was not double and triple checked on the machine that it was to played on).

First I must preface by saying that I am a HUGE Cha fan and watch her videos every week, and she always brings me to tears with her amazing performance, talent and humble vibe.

However, Charice has a BIG voice and requires BIG songs, and this new song (forgotten title already) is NOT a big song.
    It does nothing to showcase her astounding voice and many others could sing this song well.

I dearly hope and pray Mr Foster (genius its true) has some plan in doing this and has somrthing better in his bag of songs for her on the album.

I am not a fan of bland songs held together with studio tricks.
    If this is a hit for the writer (hope its not DF) it will be only because Charice is singing it and has a following…and the magic.
    Perhaps the song has a huge ending that we didn’t get to hear that saves it..lets hope so.

Cha …Take charge! “MAKE” them deliver good songs for you for this first important album. DONT trust anyone else or anything but your own heart in choosing them.

Yes they will tell you they are the Starmakers, the Sales And Marketing Experts and know what is best for your career…. but in your heart I am sure you can feel when a song is right for you.

Be confident and stand firm. If that means being a “Difficult Diva” …So be it!

BEWILDERED

6. Kalipay says:

Once again darling Charice gave her 110% best to this venue. However it was disappointing to say the least when our expectations where post-Oscar party was concerned. The venue looks like a Karaoke bar, I mean where were the musicians?

And Cha was not glammed up, looks like she just came in from the ‘hood. And to introduce her as the next BIG star, with an original song that skipped twice, ‘cmon DF, you can do better than that.

I hope that the next few gigs will be much better or I’ll dial-up
    Mama O to intervene. So Cha, expect a few setbacks but keep focused. Same with the rest of the fans. Continue our support for our dear princess.

________________________________________________________________________

It was a private auction party actually, It wasnt a place where all the winners or nominated of Oscar award went to. Charice isnt Paris Hilton to wear a vongacious gown and DF himself mentioned that they didnt even get paid.

Lets just all go with the flow.. Just let Charice be herself,, her UNIQUE FINGERPRINT hehe

Madz

7. Virginia says:

I agree “sturdy”, but just remember nothing is impossible in prayer. In doing so, I believe Charice can make it, not only to make the difference, In her pure heart, God from above will secure and protect her from those “fungs” along the way.

Blessings to all who believe!!!!!!

8. GM says:

Sturdy!!

We all love you!! Please don’t leave us!! During big events, that is when all the trouble makers come out of the woods to stir things up in the chatroom. Believe me, I have to ban a lot of strange creatures during busy days.

We did come up with a plan to reduce or eliminate rude, obnoxious trouble makers from entering the chatroom and posting any demeaning and inappropriate comments.

Take care Sturdy!! I will email you soon!! God bless… Lol..I already miss you my friend!! Charicemania won’t be the same without your sweet and gentle spirit like yourself! We need a lot of your kind to bring the smile and warmth in people…

GM

9. muskrat says:

Standing Ovation? Remember, this party is a dinner party. You see people standing upfront because they clear the front for dancing which is the usual set up on most parties. So if you have people at the back or all over the venue that still sitting at their tables and stood up to applause then that is standing ovation. This party is a sold out party and I see maybe 30 to 40 people in the front and it doesn’t really show where everyone’s at. So when people say it was a standing ovation, it is maybe true, we’re not there.

10. cg says:

“how can they give a standing ovasion when they are already standing”
    -zeidrich Says:

Yes, your right zeidrich. Its better to make articles that base on the facts or in personal observation to avoid mistake…

Soar UP HIGH! sweetie CHARICE no matter what happen…I’m ALWAYS here to support you even my wife to much jealous hehehe. love u cha

***********************************

Hehe…Yup..how can they do standing ovation when it was not a sit down event…lol. This is why I cringe sometimes when I post ABS-CBN articles…hehe. ABS-CBN articles are not always accurate. They don’t spend enough time to research real facts.

Well, I did warn you guys to read it with your own discretion.

GM

11. Kuya Hutch says:

Charice might be performing at The Shangrila Mall Edsa (corner Shaw Boulevard) on March 7, 2009. I have just based this info on the posted ads that I’ve seen inside the mall. Charice, bunso…you might want to confirm this event for further support purposes from your supporters here in the Philippines.-KUYA HUTCH

12. zeidrich says:

honestly, i really dont like reading articles from abs-cbn. they are so bias and just report things that they see on the video, its like a recap to the event. the writer is not even there to begin with

“After her song “Listen,” the young diva received a standing ovation from the audience.”
    how can they give a standing ovasion when they are already standing

************************

Well, I did warn you guys to read it with your own discretion.

GM